1 reply to this topic

#1 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 10:12 AM

Anyone ever gotten into chess?  Seems to have had a huge uptick in popularity over the last few years, and in particular in local high schools here over the past few months.  One of those things that we humans do that tends to ebb and flow.  My son has only ever cared about soccer players and I think his primary hero right now is Magnus Carlsen.

#2 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 February 2023 - 11:24 AM

I played a little bit as a kid against my grandfather.  Never was any good but have good memories of going to my grandparents house and him being down for a game.  Not sure if I ever beat him or not.  I've played on an app and or yahoo here and there.   My sister in law's boyfriend got into the game a couple of years ago.  I don't see him a whole lot but when I do we usually try and fit a game in.  I don't have much in common with him, so I don't mind playing, gives us something to do when we are at my inlaws.   Our skills are similar so the games are usually pretty even.  My wife got me a nice wood set for our house.  I love it, but it doesn't see much action.  She doesn't play much and is too impatient when she plays.  My kids know how to play a little as well.  Usually the only time it gets used is if my sis and law and her b/f happen to visit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=