• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 05 February 2023 - 01:21 PM

Would expect lists to include some mix of Dobbins, Bateman, Andrews, Stanley, Linderbaum, Campbell, Smith, Queen, Humphrey, Hamilton, M. Williams, Tucker, Oweh, Bowser, Madubuike, Duvernay, Ricard, Likely, Ojabo.

• Mackus likes this

#2 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 05 February 2023 - 03:16 PM

Does "talent" mean their potential (past or future), or their current ability?

If we're talking highest past or future ceiling:

1. Justin Tucker (GOAT at his position)
2. Roquan Smith (Best defensive player on the team and one of the best in the NFL, entering his prime)
3. Calais Campbell (Sustained career of excellence with HoF potential)
4. Mark Andrews (Top 2 at his position in the NFL)
5A. Ronnie Stanley (Pro Bowl LT)
5B. Marlon Humphrey (Pro Bowl CB)
7. Tyler Linderbaum (I just believe in the talent)
8. Kyle Hamilton (again, just believe in the talent)
9. JK Dobbins (Hard to place. Physical gifts are immense. Never seen him unleashed. May deserve to be higher).
10. Rashod Bateman (Injuries quickly derailing his career. This is based more on what I think he could be if healthy and utilized correctly).

Last one out: Isaiah Likely
Incomplete information to gauge: David Ojabo
Best utilization of limited physical tools: Patrick Queen
Worst utilization of physical tools: Odafe Oweh
Most likely player to appear on nobody's list this year, and everyone's list next year: Travis Jones
  • Biggsy and makoman like this

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 05 February 2023 - 03:41 PM

Talent means their ability now and ceiling going forward. 

#4 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 05 February 2023 - 06:09 PM

Does "talent" mean their potential (past or future), or their current ability?

If we're talking highest past or future ceiling:

1. Justin Tucker (GOAT at his position)
2. Roquan Smith (Best defensive player on the team and one of the best in the NFL, entering his prime)
3. Calais Campbell (Sustained career of excellence with HoF potential)
4. Mark Andrews (Top 2 at his position in the NFL)
5A. Ronnie Stanley (Pro Bowl LT)
5B. Marlon Humphrey (Pro Bowl CB)
7. Tyler Linderbaum (I just believe in the talent)
8. Kyle Hamilton (again, just believe in the talent)
9. JK Dobbins (Hard to place. Physical gifts are immense. Never seen him unleashed. May deserve to be higher).
10. Rashod Bateman (Injuries quickly derailing his career. This is based more on what I think he could be if healthy and utilized correctly).

Last one out: Isaiah Likely
Incomplete information to gauge: David Ojabo
Best utilization of limited physical tools: Patrick Queen
Worst utilization of physical tools: Odafe Oweh
Most likely player to appear on nobody's list this year, and everyone's list next year: Travis Jones

My list would look very similar. However if Chris meant current talent, and potential moving forward, I may drop Campbell slightly.

1. Tucker. Best kicker ever. Still the best in the NFL.
2. Stanley. When he's 100%. He's the best pass blocking OT in football. And easily top 3 overall.
3. Roquan. He is a monster in the middle. Something we've missed since Mosley. And he's Mosley ×5. And that's not an insult to Mosley. Roquan is just that good.
4. Andrews. Best TE in football not named Travis Kelce. The man can do everything. Maybe even a 3b to Roquan. He'll be somewhere in the top 3 for everyone, or at least he should be.
5. Lamar Jackson. Assuming he resigns. But I'm still considering him a Raven for now. When he's on his A game, he's the best player on the field, on both sidelines. His ceiling is that high. Unfortunately he doesn't hit his ceiling enough to justify a higher spot on my list. The 4 guys above him, all have arguments for being the best at their positions. Lamar does not. But he still has unlimited potential.
6. Humphrey. Consistently a top 5 CB since entering the NFL. No one will argue for him being the top guy. But he's always Consistently around the top 5.
7. Dobbins. When this kid is 100%, he's as good as it gets. Elite vision. Elite acceleration and agility. Good hands. Borderline elite power and ability to break tackles. Only thing missing really is top end speed since his injury. But he may recover that as well. If he does, and takes a full workload next season, he'll find himself a little higher on this list.
8. Marcus Williams. He is a monster in zone coverage. He led the team in INT's, despite missing half the season. I feel he helped the defense to end the year as much as the addition of Roquan did. Guy may be one of the most underrated players in football.
9. Kyle Hamilton. I think he pushes himself up this list after next season. But kid is a stud. Forced into a hybrid nickle CB/S/LB role. By seasons end he was erasing whoever he lined up across from the gameplan. He showed the same ability to fight through blocks and get to the ball carrier. As well as his elite awareness and football IQ. By seasons end, he was calling out audibles, and lining up other DB's for what he saw pre-snap. He was absolutely the correct pick at 14.
10. Linderbaum. This one is more for his potential to become a monster at C in the mold of Jason Kelce. I feel Campbell or Zietler may be better right now. But if Linderbaum gains some play strength that keeps him from being tossed around by guys like Vea and Quinnen Williams, he is going to easily be a top 3 center in football, if not the top guy already.

Honorable mentions are Campbell, Zietler and Bateman. Really think Bateman can be a stud, but he has to stay on the field first.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 05 February 2023 - 07:16 PM

Fun question.

If we're looking at current to future and talent means "best at what they do" then:

Tucker
Smith
Stanley
Andrews
Humphrey
Williams
Dobbins
Linderbaum
Hamilton
Campbell

If talent means most important (i.e. who you'd least want to miss a game and have to turn to a backup), then Tucker probably not on the list even as dominant as he is compared to his peers. Rest of the list mostly the same, but Stanley and Humphrey move up, Linderbaum and Dobbins maybe move down.

#6 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 February 2023 - 12:31 PM

I know I am going to forget someone.

Most talented.

1. Justin Tucker

2.  Roquan Smith

3.  Mark Andrews

4.  Ronnie Stanley

5.. Marquis Williams

6.  Marlon Humphrey

7.  JK Dobbins

8.  Kyle Hamilton

9   Eric Linderbaum

10. Patrick Queen

Other guys I thought about.  Bateman, Campbell, Moses, Bowser. Edwards,  Zeitler Madubuike and Travis Jones.

@mikeghg

#7 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 06 February 2023 - 02:56 PM

Looking at the lists, the one thing that jumps out is that we have a damn good roster. We just need to supplement the WR room and of course, take care of the QB position.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#8 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 06 February 2023 - 06:58 PM

Looking at the lists, the one thing that jumps out is that we have a damn good roster. We just need to supplement the WR room and of course, take care of the QB position.

And a coaching staff that can get the most out of them.

#9 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 06 February 2023 - 07:02 PM

Talks of Keenan Allen being released. Seems like a move right up the Ravens alley. They've had success at finding talented vets near the end, and squeezing a couple of good years out of them.
  • Bmore Irish likes this

#10 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 08 February 2023 - 12:49 PM

Talks of Keenan Allen being released. Seems like a move right up the Ravens alley. They've had success at finding talented vets near the end, and squeezing a couple of good years out of them.

If there's anything we love, it's WRs in the November of their careers. 

In all seriousness, I would take Allen if he comes relatively cheap. He can't be the only move at WR though.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#11 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 February 2023 - 01:12 PM

Allen will be 31 when the season starts.  He played in 10 games last year and had 66 receptions averaging 11.4 per catch, which is right on his career average.  He had 4 TD.

I think he would be a good acquisition. 

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=