Terps enter '23 with back-to-back bowl wins.
7 wins in '21, 8 wins in '22.
Does Taulia stay or go?
Lost firepower at WR and TE; but you've still got weapons (Felton, Smith, Dyches) at both spots.
The RB's are strong.
Losing Duncan at OT, but added Dumervil as a Transfer.
Dline loses some experience, but Transfers Phillips, and Brown will help offset that.
Barham, and Hyppolite nice starting pieces at LB.
Secondary should continue to be good, with Transfers Sheppard, and Williams offsetting the departures.
Overall roster wise... how do you feel about the 2nd string across the board?
- Step 0 is improving the facilities. (Check)
- Step 1 is stacking classes... (Check) 2023 Class Rank is 33rd, was 31st last year, 18th in '21, 31st in '20...
- Step 2 is getting into the bowl cycle. Increased practices, etc. (Check)
- Step 3 is not being run off the field in games against the best, winning all the games you should, and winning some of the toss up games. Springing the occasional upset. Some good signs here in '22, but more work to be done.
- Step 4 is defending your homefield. Work to be done, and improving the atmosphere should be a priority for the University, not just the Athletic Department.
- Step 5 is jumping into the back of the Top 25.
Expected Wins (over 80% chance of winning): Towson, Charlotte
Expected Losses (over 80% chance of losing): @Ohio State, Michigan
Likely Wins (60 to 79% chance of winning): Indiana, @Northwestern, @Rutgers
Likely Losses (60 to 79% chance of losing): Penn State
Coin Flip (45 to 59% either way): Virginia, @Michigan State, Illinois, @Nebraska
Chasing Down Penn State
Ohio State and Michigan are currently another stratosphere.
Penn State is the 3rd best team in the division. Consistently Top 20. Recruits well in your backyard.
MD over the next 2-3 years needs to close the gap there.
Goals of a Top 3 finish in the division and Top 25 appearance possible...but how MD plays against PSU going forward will be really telling.
My Slogan For '23 = No Steps Back
Looking for 8 regular season wins.