428 replies to this topic

#401 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 05:48 PM

Stanley apparently hobbled off the field with an ankle injury. No word on whether it was the surgically repaired one or not. Hamilton's sounds like a knee injury. Not to play Debbie Downer but I think everyone should be prepared to hear that both are lost for the season.

I don't think either one is done but I can see 4 weeks.

#402 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 06:02 PM

Jerome Bogar should be done as a head ref. He screwed up an obvious review in one of their games earlier this year. Went to the wrong sideline today on a penalty enforcement. On the delay of game before Lamar punted the ball in anger he started the "reset the play clock" motion himself right before the snap and then ignored his own signal. Dude has no situational awareness or control of the flow. Clearly some age related cognitive stuff going on there.
  • Mike in STL, PrimeTime and Steve55 like this

#403 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 20 November 2022 - 06:24 PM

Offense was atrocious all day. The few times they did move the ball they'd find a way to work themselves out of scoring range. Was a very frustrating day, driven by conditions for sure but that doesn't explain everything.

Defense was excellent. Aided by the same conditions for sure, but largely it was a strong effort and smart approach to not allow a very flawed team to do anything.

Okay thanks for the recap. Was confused cuz it looked like Lamar's completion rate was good albeit on short passes, but we couldnt run the ball. I also saw that sack-personal foul sequence, which was brutal. Though it looked like Moses got hosed on that foul call.

#404 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 20 November 2022 - 06:26 PM

Jerome Bogar should be done as a head ref. He screwed up an obvious review in one of their games earlier this year. Went to the wrong sideline today on a penalty enforcement. On the delay of game before Lamar punted the ball in anger he started the "reset the play clock" motion himself right before the snap and then ignored his own signal. Dude has no situational awareness or control of the flow. Clearly some age related cognitive stuff going on there.

Boger sounded confused on numerous calls today and that facemask foul on Moses was complete horse poo. I don't even think he's trying to be the main event, he just seems like he doesn't know what he's doing anymore.

#405 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 06:31 PM

Boger sounded confused on numerous calls today and that facemask foul on Moses was complete horse poo. I don't even think he's trying to be the main event, he just seems like he doesn't know what he's doing anymore.

A lot of those guys are too old. Its a mystery to me how they can keep up with the speed of today's game and make accurate calls.

#406 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 07:09 PM

Remember like 4 weeks ago when some people were calling Hamilton a bust?

People are reactionary. He was unfairly blamed for the Miami coverage fiasco's. And since then, has played at a very high level. Probably one of our most underrated defensive players. Kid is going to be extremely good. You can see that things were slowing down for him, and he was getting closer and closer to the ball.

#407 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,628 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 07:30 PM

Damn it was cold today. Would have been nice to have more to cheer for. 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#408 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 08:52 PM

Harbs said he had no update on either Hamilton or Stanley’s injuries. That is never good if he doesn’t immediately give some sort of update!!

It’s the other way around. When Stanley had his season ending injury in 2020 he flat out said so in the post game presser. Doesn’t mean this couldn’t be bad though.
@BSLMikeRandall

#409 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 08:59 PM

Not to mention the challenge on play that isn’t challengeable, but went to the monitor anyway.

He also called the RTP on the Falcons against Brady this year that the media and internet had a field day with.

He’s bad and should be finished. But it’s a tight knit group and the league doesn’t care. Boger will probably do the Super Bowl.
  • Biggsy likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#410 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 09:14 PM

I don't know if I've ever wanted a game to be over more than this one.

I attended today's game, my first since 2008, and I wanted it to be over the moment I arrived at the stadium. It was sooooo cold. Making matters worse was the actual game. Literally all the scoring took place at the opposite end zone. I had a hard time following the action. I saw Hamilton hobble off the field. I had no idea about Stanley. Robinson stood out. I couldn't tell who was dropping so many passes (Proche). The crowd was dead most of the game. I'll go again but only in September or October.

#411 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,609 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 20 November 2022 - 10:14 PM

I’ve finally thawed out. A win is a win. I think.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#412 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 21 November 2022 - 06:20 AM

Not to mention the challenge on play that isn’t challengeable, but went to the monitor anyway.

He also called the RTP on the Falcons against Brady this year that the media and internet had a field day with.

He’s bad and should be finished. But it’s a tight knit group and the league doesn’t care. Boger will probably do the Super Bowl.

That was really bad. Went to the monitor only for NY to tell him he couldn't look at it. 19 penalties called.

#413 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 21 November 2022 - 10:22 AM

Jerome Boger is the Angel Hernandez of the NFL.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#414 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 21 November 2022 - 12:20 PM

What happened to Desean Jackson? I didn't see him on the injury report.

#415 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 November 2022 - 12:22 PM

Jerome Boger is the Angel Hernandez of the NFL.

That crew yesterday was an embarrassment.  They took forever to make calls, missed more than a few and did something I do not remember seeing before.  They changed their mind on the Peters strip by watching the big screen.Boger is awful as is his crew.

@mikeghg

#416 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 November 2022 - 12:23 PM

What happened to Desean Jackson? I didn't see him on the injury report.

He is on the PS.  He does not need to be listed..  He has a hamstring issue.

@mikeghg

#417 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 November 2022 - 12:25 PM

I’ve finally thawed out. A win is a win. I think.

Me too and we were on the sunny side of the field.  I went down right before half time for a nature call and the win whipping through the concourse was less than refreshing.

The game felt sluggish, the fans were sluggish.  Good thing the defense showed.

@mikeghg

#418 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 21 November 2022 - 12:41 PM

He is on the PS. He does not need to be listed.. He has a hamstring issue.

Thanks. I didn't know he got sent to the PS.

#419 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 November 2022 - 12:50 PM

Thanks. I didn't know he got sent to the PS.

He has never been taken off it.

A PS player can be elevated 3 times before he needs to be placed on the 53.

@mikeghg

#420 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 November 2022 - 01:01 PM

The offense did not play with a lot of energy, yesterday.  Robinson brought it, and Hill had some moments, but, the rest need to pick up the pace next week.

The defense on the other hand, played terrific.  The defensive line is really developing.  The front 7 just shut down the Panthers run game.

Patrick Queen, was all over the place.  IMO, he had a great game.  JPP, Campbell, Peters, Humphrey and others were all good.  Hamilton was a standout until he got hurt.  That kid is going to be a star, and the numbers are pointing out that he already is.  I have not watched the replay, does anyone know what the injury was?

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=