• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 12 September 2022 - 02:15 PM

A few week 1 musings.

https://baltimorespo...ts-post-week-1/

• BSLChrisStoner, Mike in STL and makoman like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,249 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 12:49 PM

Nice read Jamie.   

Agreed on Boyle. 

#3 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 13 September 2022 - 01:40 PM

Harbaugh's quote about why Boyle was inactive on Sunday:

"We're just trying to put the best guys out there based on all the factors," Harbaugh said. "Nick's got the factors with the knees and the ankles and things like that, kind of getting back into the swing of things. We've got Josh, we've got a number of guys who are completely healthy. That's going to be week-to-week really with different players. Nick's doing a really good job. He's chomping at the bit to play. I'm pretty sure you'll se him out there sometime soon."

I'm not buying what Harbs is selling here. You're either healthy enough to play or you're not. So does Boyle only play on dry, natural surfaces for the rest of his career? Seems like poor roster management to me.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#4 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 13 September 2022 - 04:10 PM

Harbaugh's quote about why Boyle was inactive on Sunday:

"We're just trying to put the best guys out there based on all the factors," Harbaugh said. "Nick's got the factors with the knees and the ankles and things like that, kind of getting back into the swing of things. We've got Josh, we've got a number of guys who are completely healthy. That's going to be week-to-week really with different players. Nick's doing a really good job. He's chomping at the bit to play. I'm pretty sure you'll se him out there sometime soon."

I'm not buying what Harbs is selling here. You're either healthy enough to play or you're not. So does Boyle only play on dry, natural surfaces for the rest of his career? Seems like poor roster management to me.

If Harbs did not expect him to play regularly, why would we have kept so many TEs? Maybe he's really close to fully ready but the field conditions and opponent allowed him to get one more week of rest/rehab in. If part of the problem running the ball was due to his absence, we need him back in there this week and going forward.

#5 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 13 September 2022 - 04:25 PM

If Harbs did not expect him to play regularly, why would we have kept so many TEs? Maybe he's really close to fully ready but the field conditions and opponent allowed him to get one more week of rest/rehab in. If part of the problem running the ball was due to his absence, we need him back in there this week and going forward.

Andrews is a really good blocker, probably very close behind a healthy Boyle in that regard.  And we still have Ricard.  Boyle shouldn't have been a significant reason why we couldn't run the ball.  It's possible that Andrews blocking had an impact on his receiving,  but I doubt it was the case in this particular instance because he didn't block significantly more than he has in past years.

#6 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 04:38 PM

Boyle was playing late in the fourth quarter of the third preseason game vs the Deadskins if I recall correctly. If so, that sort of gives us a hint at where he stands right now. I think Jefferson was playing late in that game too, and now he's with Wink executing Wink's famous "I'll take my own safety out of the play" half hearted blitz plays. :)

#7 BSLLukeRollfinke

BSLLukeRollfinke

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 06:37 PM

With the injury to Ja'Wuan James and Charlie Kolar set to return at some point, I wouldn't be surprised to see a TE released or traded in the next few days. If Boyle really is the odd man out that would be surprising to say the least but I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility

@LukeRollfinke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=