#2 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 01 June 2022 - 01:30 PM

The state record that Lincoln broke in the 200 was 30 years old and was held by former Raven Jermaine Lewis.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#3 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 12:01 AM

I give these kids a lot of credit, and not just for this year, but in the previous year when co-vid all but wiped out their sports seasons. They somehow managed to keep their motivation throughout all of the cancellations and kept training even though no one even knew if there was going to be a state championship meet.

Judson Lincoln IV is a flat-out stud, but I also give credit to the Dunbar kid, Aaron Charles, as well. Last year he rolled in the 100 and 200M dashes at 1A states, but this year, with Dunbar in 2A, he couldn't quite overcome Lincoln in either event, even though his second-place times this year were better than his winning times of a year ago. Keep improving, that's all you can really ask of any kid.

One other runner who consistently impressed me was Nimrit Ahuja of Howard. One of the most durable and versatile runners over the past few years, she helped the Howard girls repeat as state champions in Class 3A (they were in 4A last year). With the second day of States postponed due to weather, she took on a grueling four-event schedule and won both the 800 and 1600, and also anchored their winning 4x8 relay team. She also helped them finish third in the 4x4 relay. That's quite a day's work by any standard, but even more so considering the weather-altered schedule. One of those kids you simply don't replace upon graduation; you just remember them fondly.

• BSLWillieSeanCoughlan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=