• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

COLLEGE PARK, Md. – University of Maryland head football coach Randy Edsall on Monday announced that starting quarterback Perry Hills has suffered a torn ACL and will be out for the season.

Hills, a freshman who started the first seven games this season, suffered the injury in the first half of Saturday’s game against NC State.

"I am very disappointed for Perry," said Edsall. "I was proud of the way he stepped in this season and led our team. Perry is a great competitor and I know how strongly his teammates feel about him. We will do everything we can to support him through the rehab process.”

Hills was just the third true freshman quarterback to start for Maryland in school history. In seven starts he completed 97 of 169 passing attempts (57.4%) for 1,336 yards, eight touchdowns and seven interceptions. He also rushed for three touchdowns.

#2 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

COLLEGE PARK, Md. – University of Maryland head football coach Randy Edsall on Monday announced that starting quarterback Perry Hills has suffered a torn ACL and will be out for the season.

Hills, a freshman who started the first seven games this season, suffered the injury in the first half of Saturday’s game against NC State.

"I am very disappointed for Perry," said Edsall. "I was proud of the way he stepped in this season and led our team. Perry is a great competitor and I know how strongly his teammates feel about him. We will do everything we can to support him through the rehab process.”

Hills was just the third true freshman quarterback to start for Maryland in school history. In seven starts he completed 97 of 169 passing attempts (57.4%) for 1,336 yards, eight touchdowns and seven interceptions. He also rushed for three touchdowns.

Was kind of expecting that news, hardly surprising. Not too many expected the team to do this well when DOB transfered (how's that working out?) and CJ Brown was injured for the season earlier this year. This makes the road tougher no doubt, but you just have to deal with it. No excuses, just win two more games and get bowl eligible.
@levineps

#3 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

I feel for Perry. He was doing a solid job, but definitely had room to grow, of course. I think Maryland will actually be more dangerous now on offense. If the zone-read is run with the correct quarterback, it is almost impossible to game plan. Well, it is tough to gameplan. Devin Burns will make this offense dangerous and as long as he can at least complete about 55% of his passes, we will be okay.
@Langley486

#4 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,514 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

I'm guessing we'll see more of a 2-headed QB combo from now on? I hate to bring it up, but given the apparent curse on QBs and there's still 5 games left (hopefully 6), after Burns and Rowe who is there?

#5 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

I'm guessing we'll see more of a 2-headed QB combo from now on? I hate to bring it up, but given the apparent curse on QBs and there's still 5 games left (hopefully 6), after Burns and Rowe who is there?

Hell at that point you might as well put Diggs back there.

@AdamWolff

#6 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,514 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

I could live with some wildcat. And even though it wasn't completed it did appear he has a decent arm from that one HB-pass play. And don't want to jump to conclusions after just one half, but I found it very strange they did not get him a single touch after Hills went out.

#7 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Diggs would be the option I believe.
@Langley486

#8 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

Saw an article mention that those two are the ONLY two eligible QBs left, they got some transfers. My guess is they give someone else at practice reps and designate them the emergency and by emergency, an absolute last resort.
@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=