#2 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,634 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

A very fair write-up. I actually can't wait to watch the Wizards this year. A team with a good attitude, solid veteran leadership that plays smart and hustles on defense has been missing from Verizon Center for a long, long time. If Beal doesn't get going early, combined with Wall's injury, they may struggle to score points but games they lose won't be for lack of effort.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#3 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

I like the Wizards this year. This year is all about Wall taking the next step though. He can't lead the league in turnovers again and expect the Wizards to win. He's finally got some help though. Beal is a very good shooter, and definitely showed some upside defensively while at Florida. In the inferior East (from an overall talent standpoint), Nene is a force to be reckoned with. Okafor is a stud defensively. Ariza is a nice role player. I do have questions about their bench though. And we'll have to see how they play without Wall for the first month. But in the east, they could be a playoff team if things fall in place for them.

That being said, they need to improve Wall's options. It's a superstar driven league, and I won't say you CAN'T win a ring with just one, but it's exponentially easier if you have at least two. I can't call anyone on the Wizards other than possibly Wall a superstar as of right now.

"We're not going to be f***ing suck this year" - Alex Ovechkin

@BaltimoreDavey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=