Jets will get the W!  

#482 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 08:18 PM

Josh Allen had a pretty rough day.  But give credit to the Jets defense.  They harassed Allen through out the game.  Buffalo's lack of a running game really shows up as their one fatal flaw when they lose.  I think maybe once they can integrate Hines into the mix they will be able to mask it better, but if they end up losing on their way to destiny I think the lack of a running game to take a little pressure off of Allen is going to play a big role.  

On the other hand, how about the AFC East?  Every team is over .500!  There are 9 teams over .500 in the AFC.  Only 7 get to the playoffs so two teams that don't win their division are not getting invited to the party!

#483 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 08:49 PM

Looking forward to watching Malik Willis tonight.  It's only his second start and KC is a tough place to play so I'm not expecting much.  But in a totally out of the box move I thought the Ravens might pick him when he dropped down the board into the 3rd round.  The Ravens already had Hamilton and Linderbaum on board and took a chance on Ojabo.  Willis was available and the Ravens took Travis Jones, I think.  Willis went several picks later to Tennessee.  

Because Willis was a Lamar Jackson clone as far as his style, I thought maybe they could draft Willis and stash him for a year behind Lamar.  You should get a clear idea whether he can run Roman's offense somewhat like Lamar.  If he can and you can't come to an agreement with Lamar, you franchise Lamar, trade him to a team willing to pay him, and live for a few more years with your QB on a rookie contract and a boat load of money to spend in other areas.  

Longshot?  Probably, but think of what you could have if all of the defensive moves work out?  The Ravens would go into year three of Malik Willis contract with a couple of #1's, and money to go after big time WRs, and anything else they needed.  Of course, if Willis was not up to the task, it really wouldn't matter.  A gamble for sure.  If it didn't work out people would be calling for EDCs head because he wasted a pick that could have been used to help the team now.  If it did work out, he would be hailed as a genius.  

• Mike in STL likes this

#484 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 10:14 PM

Titans up 17-9.

#485 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 10:51 PM

A lot of people hate Mike Vrabel and Tennessee, but their defense reminds me of the early 2000's Ravens.  They play on the edge, depending on your position you could say they were dirty, or you could say they just play very physical defense and they like to trash talk.  And Vrabel himself is obnoxious.  But if they can get any kind of playmaking from Willis they could make a run.  

#486 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 01:48 AM

He's not having the best of years, but Tom Brady is now the first player to reach 100,000 passing yards (regular season and playoffs).

That's 56.8 miles through the air. 

#487 BSLMikeFast

BSLMikeFast

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 09:51 AM

Here are my picks for the major midseason awards. Who gets your vote?

MVP: Patrick Mahomes (QB, KC)

Offensive POY: Josh Allen (QB, BUF)

Defensive POY: Patrick Surtain II (CB, DEN)

Offensive ROY: Kenneth Walker (RB, SEA)

Defensive ROY: Sauce Gardner (CB, NYJ)

Comeback POY: Geno Smith (SEA)

Coach of the Year: Pete Carroll (SEA)

And a new one I'm "inventing":

12th man of the Year: Tony Pollard (RB, DAL)

@MikeFastNFL

#488 BSLMikeFast

BSLMikeFast

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 10:01 AM

Very glad Ravens don't have to play Chiefs in the regular season. No Tyreek Hill? No problem.

Looks like losses to Bills, Dolphins and win against Jets were better than people initially thought.

Translation: Ravens in good shape heading into the second half of the season.

@MikeFastNFL

#489 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 10:34 AM

The Ringer: Winners and Losers of NFL Week 9

#490 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 12:20 PM

Damn, my man Frank is out in Indy.

#491 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 01:18 PM

Colts might want to consider drafting a QB.  Or trading for Flacco if they like the current approach.

#492 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 01:48 PM

I am loving that the Colts are a mess. They're becoming (or have they become?) the Redskins of the AFC.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#493 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 02:12 PM

Jeff...Saturday...is new HC.

Wow.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#494 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 November 2022 - 02:18 PM

Was Saturday already on the staff? Their OLine stinks.

#495 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 02:34 PM

I think he was a "consultant".  He was regularly on various ESPN shows every week so not sure how much he consulted.

#496 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 02:38 PM

This would be like if the Ravens hired Wally Williams.

#497 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 02:53 PM

I think he was a "consultant".  He was regularly on various ESPN shows every week so not sure how much he consulted.

He was on Get Up each week, talking football...   and doing a segment of 'Pancake' blocks...  

#498 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 02:59 PM

This would be like if the Ravens hired Wally Williams.

Probably more like if they hired Yanda, no? A borderline HOFer who played there for years.

Unless you meant something by Williams that I'm not getting.

#499 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 02:59 PM

According to the espn ticker, no college or pro coaching experience.  Interesting to say the least.

#500 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 03:09 PM

Probably more like if they hired Yanda, no? A borderline HOFer who played there for years.

Unless you meant something by Williams that I'm not getting.

Wally is a radio analyst, was the comparison I was thinking. Yanda doesn't do anything publicly that I'm aware of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=