• Please log in to reply
1202 replies to this topic

#441 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,338 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 04:04 PM

Falcons beat Carolina in OT.  DJ Moore a costly penalty after his late TD. 

Dallas 49-29 over Chicago.

Miami 31-27 over Detroit.  Lions now 1-6. 

Vikings 34-26 over Arizona.  Minnesota now 6-1. 

Saints 3-5 after their shutout over Vegas. 

Patriots get to .500 at 4-4 after beating the Jets. 

Texans lead the Titans 3-0.

Washington up 6-3 on Indy.

49ers and Rams tied at 7.

Giants and Seattle... no score.

#442 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 October 2022 - 08:10 PM

It was nice watching RedZone all day and tracking my fantasy team with a Ravens win already in stow.

Also, the Steelers are 2-6. They also own the worst point differential in the NFL, and have the next closest (in the AFC, the Texans -38) doubled up at -77.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#443 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 09:58 PM

Pittsburgh is not very good.  Somewhere at home Roethlisberger has to be thinking, "Miss me now?"  They weren't that good last year, but Roethlisberger even with his skills eroded could always pull that rabbit out of the hat and get an ugly win.  He got them to the playoffs, even if they did get destroyed.  

Maybe after Watt comes back their defense will be better, but that offense is broken beyond compare.  

#444 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 11:16 PM

Pittsburgh is not very good.  Somewhere at home Roethlisberger has to be thinking, "Miss me now?"  They weren't that good last year, but Roethlisberger even with his skills eroded could always pull that rabbit out of the hat and get an ugly win.  He got them to the playoffs, even if they did get destroyed.  

Maybe after Watt comes back their defense will be better, but that offense is broken beyond compare.  

You've got to wonder what Pittsburgh does if they indeed wind up with a high draft pick next year. They spent a No. 1 on Kenny Pickett this year, but if they have the chance, do they go after either C.J. Strout or Bryce Young? I don't think anyone expected Pickett to be the next coming of Bradshaw or Roethlisberger, but he's also surrounded by a team that's woefully short on talent right now.

Pickett's made his share of mistakes, but how do you protect a rookie quarterback when you have no run game? Today against the Iggles, the Steelers faced second-and-long (seven or more yards to go) no less than 18 times. As a result, Pickett has thrown 35 times or more (and got sacked six times today) in three of his four starts. Compare that to Big Ben's rookie season when the most passes he threw in any one game was 28. 

#445 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,408 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 11:35 PM

Pitt is yet another example of be careful what you wish for for those that  want to Let Lamar walk. Or even for those that want to trade him

#446 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 October 2022 - 06:32 AM

They’ve grown stale long before they were without a QB (including the last several years of Ben). They haven’t been a true contending roster in a very long time. But they love their flexes though… only 3 head coaches in X number of decades… course corrected from the time they passed on a QB from Pitt (Marino) by getting Pickett. X number of years being .500 or above. They seriously care more about that stuff these days than actually getting to win a Super Bowl.

#447 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,338 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 06:45 AM

The Ringer: Winners and Losers of NFL Week 8

#448 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,338 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 06:48 AM

ESPN: NFL Week 8 takeaways: Lessons, big questions for every game

https://www.espn.com...ions-every-game

#449 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 08:30 AM

Does my soul good to see the Packers sitting at 3-5.  I think the Vikings are a pretty weak 6-1 team but a 4-game in the loss column lead over GB is always nice.

• BobPhelan likes this

#450 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,408 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 09:07 PM

Big if CLe holds on and beats the Bengals here. For Ravens fans that is

#451 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 09:17 PM

I suspect the Bengals offense will really miss Chase BIG TIME. I think he's the best WR in the game already, and clearly Burrows huge security blanket. He looks for him first in virtually every big situaton and Chase delivers a lot. The longer Chase is out the better it is for the Ravens, I think that Bengals offensive confidence and swagger might be about to take a hit, and so far in Cleveland tonight we've seen little to the contrary.

#452 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 October 2022 - 09:23 PM

They’re whooping them. Completely non competitive. 90 some yards of offense late into the 3rd quarter?

#453 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,137 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 09:25 PM

I suspect the Bengals offense will really miss Chase BIG TIME. I think he's the best WR in the game already, and clearly Burrows huge security blanket. He looks for him first in virtually every big situaton and Chase delivers a lot. The longer Chase is out the better it is for the Ravens, I think that Bengals offensive confidence and swagger might be about to take a hit, and so far in Cleveland tonight we've seen little to the contrary.

I'd vote for Justin Jefferson, Cooper Kupp, Stefon Diggs, and Tyreek Hill first, but Chase is top 5 for sure.

#454 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,408 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 09:41 PM

THis will be Cin's 3rd divisional loss already. 

#455 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 October 2022 - 09:43 PM

THis will be Cin's 3rd divisional loss already.

Yeah, that’s big too. Especially if we can beat Pittsburgh in a few weeks to improve to 3-0 to start our division play. At the same time, that small chance that Watson is a total stud out of the gates and Cleveland goes 6-0 down the stretch gives me a bit of pause over being too celebratory over this result.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#456 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,408 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 09:46 PM

Yeah, that’s big too. Especially if we can beat Pittsburgh in a few weeks to improve to 3-0 to start our division play. At the same time, that small chance that Watson is a total stud out of the gates and Cleveland goes 6-0 down the stretch gives me a bit of pause over being too celebratory over this result.

A lot of things could happen but this weeks results moves the line towards us winning the division a decent amount

#457 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 05:47 AM

Frustration has been mounting for Cleveland for a while. I pointed out before their game with the Ravens that they could have easily been a one loss team. They had some bad losses just like the Ravens. Even last week they came out strong, and finished well. The Ravens didn't blow them out. I think last night was a combination of Cincinnati struggling without Chase, maybe taking them a bit lightly, and Cleveland at home just pissed off enough to finally get a win.

#458 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 08:17 AM

The Ringer: Week 9 NFL Power Rankings: 6-1 Vikings Hold Steady in Our Top Five

#459 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 November 2022 - 01:35 PM

Bradley Chubb to the Dolphins.

Denver gets a 1 a 4th and RB Chase Edmonds.  

The Dolphins also receive a 5.

@mikeghg

#460 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 November 2022 - 01:37 PM

William Jackson to the Steelers. 

The Commies were expected to release him so, probably not much of a return.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=