1202 replies to this topic

#1181 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 12 February 2023 - 10:00 PM

Butker's been a little shaky today...wonder if that comes into play.

#1182 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 February 2023 - 10:04 PM

Mahomes is great. What a performance.

#1183 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 12 February 2023 - 10:07 PM

Oh man ...that's gonna piss some Eagles fans off. Ballgame unless a fumble or a shank.

#1184 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 12 February 2023 - 10:09 PM

I'd be furious if that was called against my team. Very touchy. And almost no penalties the rest of the game.

#1185 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 12 February 2023 - 10:10 PM

Agree with the commentators, that's a soft holding call.

#1186 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 12 February 2023 - 10:10 PM

Was rooting for KC but that's a really bummer way to end an otherwise terrific game.

#1187 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 12 February 2023 - 10:11 PM

Philly needs Calais Campbell.

#1188 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 12 February 2023 - 10:17 PM

Yeah that's a bad call, but that was still a good game.  I like Mahomes, and I'm glad to see him get another ring.

#1189 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 12 February 2023 - 10:17 PM

Mahomes is great. What a performance.

Already a top 3 QB with this legendary run and performance

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#1190 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 12 February 2023 - 10:19 PM

Let me taste all the Philly fan tears. You know Siriani is going to be so salty in the presser. Im here for it. That guy is a tool

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#1191 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 12 February 2023 - 10:38 PM

Not hard core about it but preferred a Chiefs win. That holding call at the end is about everything that's wrong with the game now though.

#1192 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 12 February 2023 - 10:49 PM

Ill have to watch the play again to have a stronger opinion of the call. Im sure if it was my team Id hate it.

#1193 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 12:01 AM

Ill have to watch the play again to have a stronger opinion of the call. Im sure if it was my team Id hate it.

James Bradberry said afterward that he did grab the receiver's jersey and he couldn't disagree with the call.

In real time, the foul appeared pretty innocuous, but when split-second timing is vital in most NFL passing games, there was an advantage gained by that play. It was probably no more the equivalent of a half step on the part of the receiver, but enough to merit a flag.

#1194 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 12:12 AM

James Bradberry said afterward that he did grab the receiver's jersey and he couldn't disagree with the call.

In real time, the foul appeared pretty innocuous, but when split-second timing is vital in most NFL passing games, there was an advantage gained by that play. It was probably no more the equivalent of a half step on the part of the receiver, but enough to merit a flag.

I agree. There is also no doubt that sometimes its not called. The subjectivity and leeway officals have to officate the game is what waters is down for me. Football calls can have such an impact on the game. I dont think its even debateable that NFL officials have more impact on the game than any other pro sport.
  • mdrunning likes this

#1195 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 01:41 AM

The Chiefs running backs ran the ball better tonight than Philly's backs. And on defense they wanted to stop the run and make Jalen Hurts beat them with his arm. It worked just well enough, I guess. The way to lose to the Eagles is to let them run the ball and chew up the clock. 

#1196 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 01:56 AM

Philly was overrated all year. SF when healthy is a good team but we have to remember the SF team Philly beat in the Champ game. Otherwise that conference is pretty suspect. Compare that to the AFC. KC, Cin, and Buf are all very good. I think its fair to generally speaking put Philly and SF in with those 3 AFC teams. Those 5 are a step above but then IMO Ill take Baltimore with a healthy Lamar and SD despite the choke job over any other NFC team. Must have been nice to have a cakewalk to the SB. No AFC team is getting any cakewalks to the SB anytime soon.

#1197 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 06:30 AM

I'd be furious if that was called against my team. Very touchy. And almost no penalties the rest of the game.

They allowed the Eagles RT to jump off the line too soon on just about every pass play. The announcers kept pointing it out..

Also I didn't see a replay of the last play. Hurts got nothing on that last pass.

#1198 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 06:31 AM

They allowed the Eagles RT to jump off the line too soon on just about every pass play. The announcers kept pointing it out..

Also I didn't see a replay of the last play. Hurts got nothing on that last pass.

His shoulder has been an issue but he doesnt have a very good arm. Acceptable for the way Philly wanted to and was able to play this year.

#1199 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 06:38 AM

Can't make mistakes against KC.  The fumble and punt return completely changed what looked like a Philly dominated game.

#1200 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 06:51 AM

They had a 10 point lead and a wounded QB at half. Patty was coming back and winning this game regardless. The only thing that fumble return for 7 did was stop Mahomes from putting more passing yards for bettors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=