#621 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,551 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 18 December 2022 - 05:03 PM

If the Os win a World Series I’ll get a tattoo of Nickle’s face on my keister.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#622 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 06:48 PM

What a meltdown by the Bucs in the 3rd quarter of their game vs Cincinnati. Brady and the Buc's defense dominated in the first half 17-3. They gave it all back in the 3rd. This will be the first loss in Brady's career when leading by 17. Bengals now up by 10 in the 4th.

#623 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 07:40 PM

What a meltdown by the Bucs in the 3rd quarter of their game vs Cincinnati. Brady and the Buc's defense dominated in the first half 17-3. They gave it all back in the 3rd. This will be the first loss in Brady's career when leading by 17. Bengals now up by 10 in the 4th.

Bucs scored a meaningless TD in the final minute after being outscored, 34-0, by the Bengals after jumping out to a 17-0 lead.

Everything just disintegrated after Tampa played what was arguably their best half of the season. Four turnovers, costly penalties (including an offsides call on 4th-and-1) and complete communication breakdown. Things really seemed to turn on that botched fake punt early in the third quarter.

Now Atlanta comes here next week at 5-9 and still everything to play for. A 7-10 record might get it done in that division.

#624 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,643 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 07:43 PM

Football's a funny beast. It's perhaps the only professional (team) sport where a single play call might lead to a cascade of miscues, where time of possession, field position and a team's psyche to execute a game plan can all but evaporate. 

I'm referring of course to Todd Bowles' mysterious fake punt attempt from their own 26 yard line on the first possession of the 2nd half when they were up, 17-3. 

Had he called for Jake Camarda to come out and boom a 65 yarder, deep into Cincy's side of the field, the very play calls coming from the Cincy side of the field might've led to a decidedly different outcome. The field position doesn't get tilted, the ToP doesn't get trounced, and the all-important psyche perhaps never gets blasted/distracted. 

Zen Football Maintenance 101. 

#625 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 07:46 PM

Crazy ending to Raiders-Pats.

https://twitter.com/...634494245314561

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#626 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 11:31 PM

Defensive back for the Giants was all over the receiver with the Commanders facing 4th and goal needing a TD and 2 point conversion to tie.  No PI called.   Every team gets bad calls or bad no calls.  That was about as bad as it gets considering it ended the game at that point.  

#627 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 12:19 AM

If the Os win a World Series I’ll get a tattoo of Nickle’s face on my keister.

Im holding you to this

#628 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 07:33 AM

Crazy ending to Raiders-Pats.

https://twitter.com/...634494245314561

That was the wildest ending maybe ever. :) Question, if Tom Brady is the Patriots QB, does Belichick allow that super Longshot play to happen, or does he take a knee and go to OT?

#629 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 07:36 AM

Football's a funny beast. It's perhaps the only professional (team) sport where a single play call might lead to a cascade of miscues, where time of possession, field position and a team's psyche to execute a game plan can all but evaporate.

I'm referring of course to Todd Bowles' mysterious fake punt attempt from their own 26 yard line on the first possession of the 2nd half when they were up, 17-3.

Had he called for Jake Camarda to come out and boom a 65 yarder, deep into Cincy's side of the field, the very play calls coming from the Cincy side of the field might've led to a decidedly different outcome. The field position doesn't get tilted, the ToP doesn't get trounced, and the all-important psyche perhaps never gets blasted/distracted.

Zen Football Maintenance 101.

Field position and momentum are a very real thing in football. A fake punt from your own 26 with a 14 point lead is about as foolish a decision as you can make.

#630 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 10:46 AM

That was the wildest ending maybe ever. :) Question, if Tom Brady is the Patriots QB, does Belichick allow that super Longshot play to happen, or does he take a knee and go to OT?

Good question. Mac Jones was awful for much of the game (and his tackling could use some work as well) so it certainly wasn't the same as having Brady for the OT period. If Belichick did allow that play, I can't imagine it was designed to work that way. Maybe he remembered that crazy ending against Miami a few years back when New England lost on a similar play (against Miami, I believe), but I don't remember anyone throwing the ball backward 15 yards in that instance. Not much benefit in that.

Replays also seemed to show that the receiver's foot was on the line on the Raiders' tying TD with 37 seconds left, but the call on the field was allowed to stand. Yes, even Bill Belichick winds up on the wrong side of calls at times. :)

• Ravens2006 likes this

#631 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 11:44 AM

The Ringer: Winners and Losers of NFL Week 15

#632 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 11:45 AM

CBS Sports: NFL Week 15 overreactions and reality checks: Bengals No. 1 seed? Cowboys one-and-done? Jaguars South champs?

https://www.cbssport...s-south-champs/

#633 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 20 December 2022 - 09:42 AM

The Ringer: Week 16 NFL Power Rankings: Massive Leaps for the Lions and Jaguars

#634 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 20 December 2022 - 09:47 AM

ESPN: NFL Week 16 Power Rankings 2022: 1-32 poll, pleasant surprises

https://www.espn.com...asant-surprises

#635 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 21 December 2022 - 06:35 AM

News outlets are reporting that Franco Harris has died.  This is just days before the Steelers were planning something to mark the 50th anniversary of the Immaculate conception.  

#636 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 21 December 2022 - 09:05 AM

The Ringer: The Ringer’s NFL QB Rankings, Week 16

#637 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 09:42 AM

YouTubeTV Awarded NFL Sunday Ticket. I was hoping it’d be Apple or Amazon.
@BSLMikeRandall

#638 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,453 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 22 December 2022 - 11:11 AM

YouTubeTV Awarded NFL Sunday Ticket. I was hoping it’d be Apple or Amazon.

From the sounds of it, you won’t need to be a YouTubeTV subscriber to get it. You’ll be able to subscribe through regular YouTube as a standalone channel.

• BaltBird 24 and Mike in STL like this

#639 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 12:35 PM

From the sounds of it, you won’t need to be a YouTubeTV subscriber to get it. You’ll be able to subscribe through regular YouTube as a standalone channel.

I hope so.  I just cancelled YouTube TV and replaced it with Paramount+ and NFL+.  I now get everything I would have watched on YouTube TV for 23% of the cost.  Good deal.  

On a side note, the South Park Streaming Wars special, only available on Paramount Plus, was hilarious.  

#640 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,453 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 22 December 2022 - 12:46 PM

I hope so.  I just cancelled YouTube TV and replaced it with Paramount+ and NFL+.  I now get everything I would have watched on YouTube TV for 23% of the cost.  Good deal.  

On a side note, the South Park Streaming Wars special, only available on Paramount Plus, was hilarious.  

It will be available through YouTube Primetime Channels, through which I think you can also subscribe to Paramount + and several other streaming services. For those who do subscribe to YouTubeTV, it will also be available as an add-on to that service. Now YTV needs to get their ass in gear on split-screen viewing in time for next season. I was not pleased that they teased it back in August but still haven’t rolled it out, and now college football season is over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=