1202 replies to this topic

#361 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 09 October 2022 - 12:10 PM

Buffalo pinned back at their own 2 after muffing the opening kickoff.   I kept thinking about last week's 4th down logic of pinning Buffalo deep if you don't convert.  1st down, ball batted down.  2nd down, run up the middle stuffed.  3rd and 10, Josh Allen 98 yard completion for a TD to Gabe Davis.  

That int from Lamar Jackson probably didn't really matter.  

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#362 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 09 October 2022 - 03:14 PM

Wentz picked to end the game.  Titans over DC. 

Buffalo crushed Pittsburgh. 38-3.

Saints leading Seattle 39-32 with 3 minutes left.

Jets beat up the Dolphins... 40-17. 

Niners have jumped out on Carolina 7-0.

Chargers beat the Browns...  LA now 3-2.  Cleveland 2-3. 

Patriots beat Detroit 29-0.  Ouch.

Bucs beat Atlanta 21-15 at home. 

Texans got their first win, beating Jacksonville. 13-6. 

Giants are now 4-1 after beating Green Bay in London.

Vikings are now 4-1 after beating Chicago. 

#363 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 October 2022 - 03:27 PM

Wentz picked to end the game.  Titans over DC. 

Buffalo crushed Pittsburgh. 38-3.

Saints leading Seattle 39-32 with 3 minutes left.

Jets beat up the Dolphins... 40-17. 

Niners have jumped out on Carolina 7-0.

Chargers beat the Browns...  LA now 3-2.  Cleveland 2-3. 

Patriots beat Detroit 29-0.  Ouch.

Bucs beat Atlanta 21-15 at home. 

Texans got their first win, beating Jacksonville. 13-6. 

Giants are now 4-1 after beating Green Bay in London.

Vikings are now 4-1 after beating Chicago. 

Tampa got help from our buddy Bogarts.  Another terrible roughing the passer call.

@mikeghg

#364 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 09 October 2022 - 03:56 PM

Chargers head coach channeling his inner John Harbaugh, got bailed out by a missed last second FG.  On 4th and 2 from his their own 46 the Chargers went for it with about a minute and a half left and the Browns out of timeouts.  They missed and left the Browns on a short field only needing a FG to win.  Personally I thought the better call was to punt and make them drive about 40+ yards, but these coaches today never met a 4th down they won't go for.  The Browns hit a quick slant right away to get in FG range.  They then in typical Browns fashion kind of stumbled and missed a 50+ yard FG.  Chargers head coach gets major reprieve from being roasted!

#365 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 05:13 AM

Chargers head coach channeling his inner John Harbaugh, got bailed out by a missed last second FG.  On 4th and 2 from his their own 46 the Chargers went for it with about a minute and a half left and the Browns out of timeouts.  They missed and left the Browns on a short field only needing a FG to win.  Personally I thought the better call was to punt and make them drive about 40+ yards, but these coaches today never met a 4th down they won't go for.  The Browns hit a quick slant right away to get in FG range.  They then in typical Browns fashion kind of stumbled and missed a 50+ yard FG.  Chargers head coach gets major reprieve from being roasted!

Yeah that was an incredibly bad call.

#366 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,669 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 06:03 AM

Tampa got help from our buddy Bogarts.  Another terrible roughing the passer call.

Brady is the only guy who can get that call. Lamar was tackled harder last night and there weren't any hints of a RTP penalty. It's sickening how the refs jump at the chance to bail him out.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#367 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 07:41 AM

CBS Sports: NFL Week 5 grades: Giants get an 'A+' for upset in London; Steelers get an 'F' for blowout loss to Bills
https://www.cbssport...-loss-to-bills/

#368 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 07:43 AM

The Ringer: Winners and Losers of NFL Week 5

#369 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 08:38 AM

Brady is the only guy who can get that call. Lamar was tackled harder last night and there weren't any hints of a RTP penalty. It's sickening how the refs jump at the chance to bail him out.

It really is. Boger’s response was that Brady was “unnecessarily thrown to the ground.”

I’m sorry, but I don’t think that is a rule. He had the ball in his hands, was not giving up on the play, it was a tackle like any other tackle. Jarrett didn’t Siragusa/Gannon him. Nowhere near the head area.

Boger blew the call on Allen last week. Clark was also fined for a hit in the Bills game that a flag wasn’t thrown on, so go figure.
@BSLMikeRandall

#370 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,669 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 09:39 AM

It really is. Boger’s response was that Brady was “unnecessarily thrown to the ground.”

I’m sorry, but I don’t think that is a rule. He had the ball in his hands, was not giving up on the play, it was a tackle like any other tackle. Jarrett didn’t Siragusa/Gannon him. Nowhere near the head area.

Boger blew the call on Allen last week. Clark was also fined for a hit in the Bills game that a flag wasn’t thrown on, so go figure.

A joke all the way around. I really wish refs could be fined for horrible calls.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#371 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,841 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 03:12 PM

Jerome Boger shouldn't have a job officiating in the NFL.

#372 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 10 October 2022 - 03:44 PM

Yea I saw that Boger call on NFL prime time and couldn’t freaking believe it

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#373 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,515 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 10 October 2022 - 05:17 PM

It's that time of year....the London games are upon us, and that means Roger Goodell is placating the locals to keep them buying tickets.

https://frontoffices...article-sharing

#374 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,669 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 08:41 PM

Another terrible RTP call in the Chiefs/Raiders game. Worse than the Brady call. I guess the Tua injury is gonna ruin the NFL. What a joke.

#375 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 October 2022 - 08:42 PM

Another terrible RTP call in the Chiefs/Raiders game. Worse than the Brady call. I guess the Tua injury is gonna ruin the NFL. What a joke.

That was horrendous. Crowd still booing.

#376 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 October 2022 - 10:05 PM

Just so many dumb coaching decisions made these days in the name of “analytics”, which I agree with Mack, isn’t really even analytics to begin with. But that was just stupid. What good is a 1 point lead with 4 minutes left against that offense? I don’t understand the motivation.
  • cprenegade likes this

#377 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 11:27 PM

Just so many dumb coaching decisions made these days in the name of “analytics”, which I agree with Mack, isn’t really even analytics to begin with. But that was just stupid. What good is a 1 point lead with 4 minutes left against that offense? I don’t understand the motivation.

Those decisions aside, I don't really understand the Raiders' offense from a pure scheme standpoint. Every time Derek Carr got pressure from the outside, he bailed and took off running. The Raiders don't have any contingency option in that situation, something that could maybe provide him with an outlet? Most teams do, but the Raiders either don't have any, or Derek Carr has the happiest feet since Fred Astaire.

It should also be a fineable offense to commit a defensive holding penalty. . .on a missed field goal? That boneheaded play really killed the Raiders because it led directly to the Chiefs' final touchdown. That and the decision to throw long on both 3rd-and-1 and 4th-and-1 on the Raiders' final possession. That last play in particular looked like something from the Keystone Cops.

I agree with your points about the analytics, though. That two-point call made zero sense no matter how you try and justify it. Even a tie forces Kansas City to try and put up points on their last possession (with a kicker who is a tad shaky), and more importantly, the Raiders wouldn't have been forced to start burning timeouts. 

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#378 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 11 October 2022 - 05:29 AM

That coach gambles a lot. He did it last year when they played here on 4th & 2 inside their 30. But then it was early in the game.

#379 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,669 posts

Posted 11 October 2022 - 06:21 AM

Watching the KC fans boo the refs made me go back and watch the BS chants against the Patriots in 2012. Ahhh memories. What a great game that was. So much drama and the Ravens won. 

#380 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 11 October 2022 - 01:08 PM

The Ringer: The 2022 NFL Quarter(ish)-Season Awards

The Ringer: NFL Week 6 Power Rankings: NFC East on the Rise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=