Photo

College Football 2022: General Talk (Georgia Wins 2nd Straight National Title)

• Please log in to reply
771 replies to this topic

#701 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,357 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 31 December 2022 - 08:35 PM

Wow, Ohio State having no problems with Georgia’s defense early on.
@BSLZackKiesel

#702 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 31 December 2022 - 08:37 PM

Can’t help but think back to that Michigan TD that was overturned in the first half. That would’ve been the difference, and should’ve never been overturned.

Maybe but I doubt it. TCU bitched Mich most of the game

#703 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 31 December 2022 - 09:06 PM

Can’t help but think back to that Michigan TD that was overturned in the first half. That would’ve been the difference, and should’ve never been overturned.

True. But Michigan had 4 chances to get it in from the half yard line and couldn't because they fumbled. People can criticize officials and I emphasize, but that's one you gotta overcome.

#704 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM

TCU was the better team. Everytime Mich scored TCU answered in the 2nd half. And again, 2 of those TD drives were because a TCU player couldnt catch the ball and ended in an Int and a fumble. Both setting Mich up in TCU territory

#705 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 31 December 2022 - 10:04 PM

If SB 47 wasn't Harbaugh VS Harbaugh, a Harbaugh probably wouldn't have a SB ring as head coach...

#706 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,515 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 01 January 2023 - 12:05 AM

We were long overdue for a fun CFP semifinal game.

And we were even more overdue for two fun semifinal games. What a day!

#707 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 12:24 AM

Interesting to see Kirby Smart (and probably others on his staff) catch the alignment mismatch issue before the fake punt, and call a timeout quick enough to avoid what would have been a disaster. Might well have saved their chances of salvaging a comeback.

Pretty cool to see a head coach / staff both aware of what's unfolding in front of them AND take action from the sideline to help the players have a better chance at success.

#708 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 January 2023 - 12:28 AM

What an amazing night of college football. Georgia defended their crown. Ohio St gave them everything they had. I think they’ll roll TCU.
  • Mike B likes this

#709 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 07:46 AM

Interesting to see Kirby Smart (and probably others on his staff) catch the alignment mismatch issue before the fake punt, and call a timeout quick enough to avoid what would have been a disaster. Might well have saved their chances of salvaging a comeback.

Pretty cool to see a head coach / staff both aware of what's unfolding in front of them AND take action from the sideline to help the players have a better chance at success.

The other thing he did was take the FG down 14 and not walk away with nothing.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#710 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 January 2023 - 11:34 AM

What an amazing night of college football. Georgia defended their crown. Ohio St gave them everything they had. I think they’ll roll TCU.

Two great games.

I really do not like Ohio State, but damn I almost feel bad for them.   CJ Stroud put that team on his back and was terrific, but Georgia showed the heart of the champion that they are.

I think on the last FG the snap was a little off, and I think the hold may not have been right.  The kicker went right to the holder and helped him up after the miss.

@mikeghg

#711 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 January 2023 - 11:35 AM

I think Georgia wins next Monday, but TCU will fight.  They just outworked Michigan, and Jim Harbaugh did some strange things.

@mikeghg

#712 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,515 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 12:23 PM

This excerpt with a quote from TCU LB Johnny Hodges is Harbaugh coaching in a nutshell.

It all started on that opening drive. Minutes after Edwards’ big run, Michigan found itself stuck in a fourth-and-goal situation at TCU’s 2-yard line. Easy decision for one of the best rushing attacks in the country, right? When Hodges watched what came next, he was as surprised as anyone. Michigan attempted a “Philly Special” that had no hope and yielded no points.

Hodges pointed to the Michigan sideline as he and the Horned Frogs excitedly ran off the field.

Once they started jumping in their bag, I knew we had ’em,” Hodges said. “We had ’em right where we wanted ’em. If you’re doing trick plays in the championship game, you’re just reaching for anything. When you see trick plays, it’s a good thing. … I mean, if it works, it works. But if not, you look stupid. Because you pride yourself so much on being physical, running downhill. You should be able to get 2 yards.”

#713 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 January 2023 - 12:49 PM

This excerpt with a quote from TCU LB Johnny Hodges is Harbaugh coaching in a nutshell.

It certainly was a strange call.  I am not sure they had them at that point, but it was certainly game on.

@mikeghg

#714 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 January 2023 - 12:49 PM

Maybe it’ll take Harbs 7 or 8 CFP performances to get a win like it did to win against Ohio St.

#715 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 January 2023 - 02:59 PM

Maybe it’ll take Harbs 7 or 8 CFP performances to get a win like it did to win against Ohio St.

Just a hunch, but I think he winds up back in the NFL, maybe next season.

@mikeghg

#716 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 02 January 2023 - 10:19 AM

CBS Sports: College football picks, schedule: Predictions against the spread, odds for Citrus, Cotton, Rose Bowl games

https://www.cbssport...ose-bowl-games/

#717 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,515 posts

Posted 02 January 2023 - 02:58 PM

Just a hunch, but I think he winds up back in the NFL, maybe next season.

That's what Jim is hoping for, apparently.

https://theathletic....h-nfl-michigan/

#718 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 January 2023 - 03:27 PM

Crazy ending in the Miss St. bowl game. They came through for Mike. Wild ending. Illinois had really controlled most of that game.

#719 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 02 January 2023 - 03:30 PM

Illinois +3.5 will be the worst beat of 2023 and the year is less than 48 hours old. OMG

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#720 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 January 2023 - 03:32 PM

Illinois +3.5 will be the worst beat of 2023 and the year is less than 48 hours old. OMG

Also any live bettors who played the under anything below 28.5. I’m sure there were many jumping below that number as the 4th quarter unfolded. Wild.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=