67 replies to this topic

#61 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,568 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 12:00 AM

Not really sure it matters, though. I'd say excitement for Terp basketball is pretty much non-existent. Get to the end of this year, hope that Reese decides to stick around for the new coach, and build some excitement around that hire.

#62 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,954 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 11:34 AM

What year is Resse's sister? Think he stays or transfers relatively local.

#63 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 January 2022 - 11:36 AM

What year is Resse's sister? Think he stays or transfers relatively local.

She's a sophomore, one year ahead of Julian.

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#64 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,954 posts

Posted 08 January 2022 - 09:57 AM

I think they’ve bought into Manning and have enough heart that it won’t happen, but at the same time I could easily envision a scenario where this 0-for to start conference play gets out of hand and becomes a big thing. Maybe Wisconsin will take us lightly and they’ll end it there. But if not, it’s 0-4 and then onto Northwestern on the road, who already beat the Terps at home this year, so very easily could be 0-5. Then the always tough Rutgers, although at home, and then at Michigan who is struggling but still talented. I think I feel very certain they’ll get their win somewhere in that stretch of Rutgers or Michigan, but if I had to bet on it, I’d say Maryland enters the Rutgers game 0-5 in league play.

And the true nightmare scenario is Manning loses the team at that point, they may not win a conference game until mid February when they have @Nebraska/PSU/@IU.

Turgeon straight up gave up on those players. Bitch made.

#65 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 January 2022 - 10:11 AM

Turgeon straight up gave up on those players. Bitch made.

It should end his career in D1. If I’m a D1 AD, I’m giving the Miller’s and Pitino’s of the world a shot over some mediocre coach who literally quit on his team in early December. Complete 180 on Turgeon. I no longer think he’s some great guy.
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#66 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 January 2022 - 09:28 AM

Turgeon will resurface somewhere in the southwest. I agree, that he showed his true colors if he really did quit as we have heard.

@mikeghg

#67 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 January 2022 - 09:31 AM

I also think that Turgeon left the cupboard pretty bare.  The guys he brought in the last 2-3 years were pretty lacking for the most part.

Reese is a good ball player and is someone to build around if he stays, but he needs to get a lot stronger physically to be the main piece of a team.

@mikeghg

#68 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 09 January 2022 - 02:01 PM

Turgeon will resurface somewhere in the southwest. I agree, that he showed his true colors if he really did quit as we have heard.

Yeah if Turgeon shows up as the head coach of like Tulsa in 2023 I wouldn't be surprised at all

she/her

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=