Is it my tv or is every episode like Game of Thrones The Long Night? #Icantsee

#22 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 08:13 PM

Very strong 4th episode, and if I'm not mistaken a tease for another character that may be showing up.

Star Wars has a strong history of using motif.

Spoiler

#23 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 26 January 2022 - 10:06 AM

Okay, not much in the way of plot advancement this week but what an episode!!!

#24 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 26 January 2022 - 09:04 PM

Best episode by far.

#25 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 26 January 2022 - 09:06 PM

Spoiler

#26 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 27 January 2022 - 07:35 AM

So that episode rocked but had no business being in this show lol

#27 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 08:42 AM

So that episode rocked but had no business being in this show lol

Why not? Boba is a clone of a Mandalorian foundling (Jango Fett). 

#28 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 27 January 2022 - 09:02 AM

Why not? Boba is a clone of a Mandalorian foundling (Jango Fett). 

Well yeah obviously, but thematically, it was just a Mandalorian episode popped randomly into a series about Boba Fett.

It just felt misplaced - seemed more like a opening episode to Mando Season 3.

#29 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 09:23 AM

Well yeah obviously, but thematically, it was just a Mandalorian episode popped randomly into a series about Boba Fett.

It just felt misplaced - seemed more like a opening episode to Mando Season 3.

Not necessarily. 

Spoiler

#30 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 27 January 2022 - 09:47 AM

Not necessarily. 

Spoiler

They certainly may - they'd be a compelling adversary.

But right now, at this instant, it's just a head-scratcher on why they plopped it in BOBF. Again, not a big deal because it was great, it just wasn't BOBF. 

#31 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 10:11 AM

They certainly may - they'd be a compelling adversary.

But right now, at this instant, it's just a head-scratcher on why they plopped it in BOBF. Again, not a big deal because it was great, it just wasn't BOBF. 

You might be thinking too linear. None of these shows are standalone (unless the era dictates it be one). 

#32 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 January 2022 - 10:28 AM

These shows aren't stand alone, but I think it shows that the Fett story is a little light.  Half of his episodes have included numerous (flashbacks)  not that this is bad, but between that and the full on Mando episode I wonder ifa whole season of Boba Fett needed?  I am more interested in what Mando has to give Grogu and where he goes next than the outcome of Boba

• Chris B likes this

#33 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 27 January 2022 - 10:57 AM

These shows aren't stand alone, but I think it shows that the Fett story is a little light.  Half of his episodes have included numerous (flashbacks)  not that this is bad, but between that and the full on Mando episode I wonder ifa whole season of Boba Fett needed?  I am more interested in what Mando has to give Grogu and where he goes next than the outcome of Boba

I was worried when they announced it that they are trying to shoehorn a story together. There's a couple ways they could tie it in to some other things and make it interesting, but it felt like they were cashing in on his name and popularity over the years more than having a real story to tell.

I would have been really interested if they would have attached him to the Mandolorian Dark Saber storyline, and civil war stuff that's coming, or if they would have explored his connections through his dad to the clones and had him pair up with like a rogue surviving group of clones who kind of view him as a relative since their DNA comes from his dad. Not sure how I feel with this western-gangster type vibe. There are scary underworld guys out there that should be able to wipe the floor with such an older Boba, so maybe going that route and having him become part of a group fighting back, especially if it was like the Bad Batch type clone group would have been pretty fantastic. I dunno. Just not really buying the need for this forced story right now.

@JeremyMStrain

#34 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 11:06 AM

I was worried when they announced it that they are trying to shoehorn a story together. There's a couple ways they could tie it in to some other things and make it interesting, but it felt like they were cashing in on his name and popularity over the years more than having a real story to tell.

I would have been really interested if they would have attached him to the Mandolorian Dark Saber storyline, and civil war stuff that's coming, or if they would have explored his connections through his dad to the clones and had him pair up with like a rogue surviving group of clones who kind of view him as a relative since their DNA comes from his dad. Not sure how I feel with this western-gangster type vibe. There are scary underworld guys out there that should be able to wipe the floor with such an older Boba, so maybe going that route and having him become part of a group fighting back, especially if it was like the Bad Batch type clone group would have been pretty fantastic. I dunno. Just not really buying the need for this forced story right now.

I’m not seeing this as forced, though I do believe they’ve gone the wrong direction with Boba. He shouldn’t be redeemable. Looking to rule based on mutual respect? Old Boba sitting as a Daimyo is boring. Learning about how he regained his strength and learned from that Tusken Raider tribe was fun, but Boba Fett is a bounty hunter. Tell us stories about him hunting targets. Hell, give us stories about Bossk, Cad Bane, et al. 

Spoiler

#35 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 11:14 AM

I’m not seeing this as forced, though I do believe they’ve gone the wrong direction with Boba. He shouldn’t be redeemable. Looking to rule based on mutual respect? Old Boba sitting as a Daimyo is boring. Learning about how he regained his strength and learned from that Tusken Raider tribe was fun, but Boba Fett is a bounty hunter. Tell us stories about him hunting targets. Hell, give us stories about Bossk, Cad Bane, et al. 

Yeah I was thinking he'd come in try to run things and a real bad ass like Cad Bane would show up and just dismantle him, and have him realize he's not enough as one person and then introduce another group. Seemed more natural to connect clones here than Mandalore.

I guess your point in the spoilers kinda connects both halves of what I thought could happen, it just makes it seem like it's just more of the Mando series at that point though since they are already going that path. Kinda steps on the toes of the upcoming Ashoka series too. Unless they are kinda pulling a Marvel here and everyone individually gets their own show and then they get a super show that ties all of them together in a group to go after the much more powerful bad guy group. If that's where the storyline is going it does kinda push them all that way.

• CantonJester likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#36 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 January 2022 - 12:11 PM

I fully expect (hope) that the Askha series focuses on her search for Ezra

#37 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 12:18 PM

I fully expect (hope) that the Askha series focuses on her search for Ezra

I feel like it's going to be her vs Darth Maul.

@JeremyMStrain

#38 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 January 2022 - 12:24 PM

I feel like it's going to be her vs Darth Maul.

Depending on when it's set will determine if he's in it.

#39 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 January 2022 - 12:59 PM

How great was Mando's religious exemption getting shut down by the TSA agent!? :lol:

• Mashed Potatoes likes this

#40 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 03:30 PM

No issue with blurring the lines between the two shows, and could see them having some sort of joint final season.

@DaKittenz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=