256 replies to this topic

#221 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 26 December 2021 - 11:49 PM

Harbaugh and this Ravens team cant bitch about anything in regards to running the score up. What was the quote. Whats important to us might not be important to you. Something along those lines. Very bad look if Harbaugh went to their HC crying. Harbaugh is a good coach but he can be a whiny,petty, prick

Yeah, all the Harbaughs are the same way.  I love John Harbaugh as a preparation coach.  The Ravens are always prepared come game time.  I think his in game decisions can be questionable, and I think he relies too much on analytics and not enough on game feel to me.  But overall, I think he is one of the better coaches in the game and has the record to back it up.  

My biggest irritation with him is his attitude between wins and losses.  Every coach in the NFL hates to lose.  But Harbaugh is so much different in his post game press conference after wins and losses.  After wins he is almost playful with the press.  After losses it's pretty much "You saw the game, write what you saw."   He's a whiner and a poor sport when he loses.  His whole family is.   

But seriously, if you are going to stand up there and defend running your franchise QB with 10 seconds left just to get a record, please don't be pissed off when somebody else decides to do something similar to that.  Maybe that wasn't the case.  I haven't heard Harbaugh comment on it, so hopefully he didn't.  If he did all I can do is shake my head.   

#222 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,516 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 December 2021 - 12:45 AM

I miss Lamar.

#223 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 03:53 AM

I don't see why Burrow couldn't be a Manning type.

#224 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 06:20 AM

Not too bright having your QB taking hits after the game was won a few weeks from the playoffs.  Then again, the Bengals haven't won a playoff game since the 90s so they might not understand how the postseason works.

• Mike B and bmore_ken like this

#225 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 07:46 AM

I was watching very infrequently in the second half (garage clean out!)... Was DeCosta shown on the sideline talking to Harbaugh at some point today??? Can't say I ever recall seeing him on the field during a game. Maybe he is frequently and I don't notice.

Half serious (sadly) maybe he was doing personnel introductions for guys the just added off the street??? ;)

Yeah, sometime mid 4th quarter the camera cut to Harbs and DeCosta was beside him talking. Not much. It was mid-drive. Harbaugh pulled his headset back, acknowledged, then was back in the game. Wasn't a conversation or anything. 

I recall DeCosta being shown on the sidelines at least one other time, but I want to say it was a bigger game, like a playoff game maybe? But it's not often. And the commentators didn't even pick up on it. He dresses down and wears sunglasses to blend in with the staff It looks like. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#226 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,310 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 08:40 AM

Pretty sure I saw EDC on the sideline last week against GB. 

#227 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 10:51 AM

Cool. I've never ever noticed it before!

#228 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 10:54 AM

I miss Lamar.

Lamar doesn't play defense. 

#229 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,516 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 December 2021 - 11:04 AM

Lamar doesn't play defense.

With how he’s played behind this line and without the RB’s, I’m not sure the results would’ve been any different the past two weeks. Not talking about results here, I just miss him. He’s one of my favorites ever, and I love watching him out there.
  • Mike B and jamesdean like this

#230 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 11:39 AM

If I had to make a guess, I'd say we don't see Lamar again this season.  Between typical recovery times (to full play) coupled with the fact he's already been basically completely shut down for two weeks... I think Harbs will play the "questionable" game all week again until ruling him out on Sunday morning.  Until he actually practices during the week, and more likely by early / mid-week at the latest, I don't think there's any chance we see Lamar starting again...

• bmore_ken likes this

#231 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 11:44 AM

I don't think Lamar Jackson would have made a difference yesterday.  Nobody would have.  Joe Burrow was playing pitch and catch against a bunch of guys who really should not be starting in the NFL.  

Jackson might have made a difference in the Cleveland game.  Huntley gave the Browns points on a turnover and cost the Ravens points on another turnover.  

He might have made a difference in the GB game if it played out the same way.  A more experienced Lamar Jackson maybe spots Brown wide open on the two point conversion.  But then that assumes the defense could have stopped Rogers from getting the Packers into FG position.  That might be a stretch.  The Ravens probably would have lost by two after Mason Crosby kicked a FG.

Lamar Jackson could make a difference in the next two games, but not if the secondary plays like they did yesterday.  Nobody will make a difference.  Stafford and the Rams will carve up the Ravens the way Burrow did.  Roethlisberger may be old and ready to retire, but he can still find wide open receivers running free.  The Ravens can't win if the secondary doesn't get a lot better fast.  

• bmore_ken likes this

#232 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 December 2021 - 11:54 AM

Pretty sure I saw EDC on the sideline last week against GB. 

I have seen him numerous times.

I think he goes back and forth.

He seemed to pass bad news to Harbs yesterday.  They both kind of shook their heads.   I thought it might have been an injury update on Averrett.

@mikeghg

#233 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 December 2021 - 11:55 AM

Not too bright having your QB taking hits after the game was won a few weeks from the playoffs.  Then again, the Bengals haven't won a playoff game since the 90s so they might not understand how the postseason works.

They were clearly running it up but who cares.  I look forward to getting our team back next year to see if we can return the favor.

@mikeghg

#234 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 December 2021 - 11:59 AM

Taylor seems intent on making his win look like it was against the Ravens first team.

Zac Taylor on the Ravens secondary/defense: "Yeah maybe they had a new DB in there, but those are a bunch of guys that are first-round picks up front and have played a lot of football for them. ... Maybe their depth was affected ..."

@mikeghg

#235 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 12:27 PM

I think the Ravens defense started two first round picks yesterday. One DE and one LB. Coupled with an Arena / XFL caliber squad of DBs, not much to take away from Burrow doing that against THAT group and at home.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#236 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,937 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 12:44 PM

I don't expect super nuanced comments from coaches in post-game pressers, but that's pretty damn close to outright lying by Taylor.

#237 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 01:04 PM

I don't expect super nuanced comments from coaches in post-game pressers, but that's pretty damn close to outright lying by Taylor.

"A" new DB I guess is technically true as Worley was the only one getting his 1st game of the year. Guess it doesn't matter that by the end Kevon Seymour was probably our longest tenured guy beside Clark. "A bunch of first round picks", only Oweh and Queen were first round picks who played yesterday. Coaches are never going to really care about the other team's injury situation--and they shouldn't, you just try to beat who shows up to play--but still sound dumb.

#238 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 01:09 PM

I just saw a filmstudy tweet that Burrow was 30/31 for 366 yards against the Ravens' standard nickel package. 

That's...it's...uh. What the hell can you say to that?

• russsnyder likes this

#239 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 01:25 PM

If I had to make a guess, I'd say we don't see Lamar again this season.  Between typical recovery times (to full play) coupled with the fact he's already been basically completely shut down for two weeks... I think Harbs will play the "questionable" game all week again until ruling him out on Sunday morning.  Until he actually practices during the week, and more likely by early / mid-week at the latest, I don't think there's any chance we see Lamar starting again...

To be honest, if he's not 100% he shouldn't be back on the field. If that means we miss the playoffs,so be it. Let him heal for next year. 

#240 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 December 2021 - 01:48 PM

To be honest, if he's not 100% he shouldn't be back on the field. If that means we miss the playoffs,so be it. Let him heal for next year. 

Agree 100%.

This team is so decimated, that I would be very cautious with any player who may want to play through an injury.

Making the playoffs would be an incredible achievement for a team with an IR and Covid list as long as the Ravens, but even for a homer like me, it does not seem to be a big deal.

• bmore_ken likes this
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=