517 replies to this topic

#481 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 10:54 AM

His decision making has been terrible and predictable as Tomlin said.  Going on 4th on the first drive reminded me of past Chiefs games where Harbaugh plays scared and thinks you can never kick a field goal against a good offense.  And then once again being scared of going to OT.  Sends a great message to the team.

Exactly. That three points may have been the difference in the game. I'm seriously just over him at this point leaving points on the field.

• Tranquil1 likes this

#482 Tranquil1

Tranquil1
  • Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationFrankford, Delaware

Posted 20 December 2021 - 11:22 AM

Harbaugh is the worst in-game coach I have ever seen. He has very good organizational skills. However, he is grossly overrated. He has definitely ruined this season with poor decisions during several games. I look forward to when he's replaced.

• bmore_ken likes this

#483 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 December 2021 - 11:25 AM

Just gave away 2 huge could be wins because of this crap. Both were exacerbated by earlier stupid decisions in each game, where if he kicks it, they wouldn’t have needed to go for 2 anyway. Completely negates the awesome job he’s done this year navigating this roster turmoil.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#484 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 December 2021 - 12:00 PM

I really had no problem with the decision to go for 2 at the end of the game.  We were running out of players on the defensive backfield.  My issue, and I said it to our group at the stadium was to pass on the FG on the first drive.  

I was really proud of the Ravens yesterday, they had no business being in the game, and I expected it to get ugly when the game got to 28-17, and was convinced when we failed on 4th down at our own 29.  Instead the Ravens dug in and came back.  As the movie said. " Miles and Miles of heart.

@mikeghg

#485 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 December 2021 - 12:03 PM

FWIW, I think it is ridiculous for anyone to be calling for Harbaughs head.  I wanted them to tie both the Steelers game and yesterday's game, but given our personnel shortcomings, I understood the aggressiveness.  

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this
@mikeghg

#486 Tranquil1

Tranquil1
  • Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationFrankford, Delaware

Posted 20 December 2021 - 12:18 PM

Another thing, Harbaugh's longevity doesn't make him a great coach or even a good one. How many times does his poor decision making during games have to happen before people remove the blinders and see he's a dud? I will give him credit for not losing the locker room. I wonder how the players will feel when they lose the next three games? That has a much higher chance than them winning all three.

• bmore_ken likes this

#487 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 December 2021 - 12:37 PM

The fact, that this team is still competitive after all the injuries is IMO a testimony to how good this staff is.

• You Play to Win the Game and BobPhelan like this
@mikeghg

#488 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,992 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 12:47 PM

I generally agree with all the praise for Harbaugh during the week and largely agree with the criticisms of his in-game strategies (though I'm more in favor of many of his higher-risk decisions than lots of other folks) and things like clock management and especially challenges.

I completely disagree with anyone who weighs the total picture of Harbaugh and thinks that a change is necessary.  I've got a lot of faith that Bisciotti, DeCosta, and Newsome would find another good coach if we had to find one, but I don't think there is support to the idea that Harbaugh's time here needs to be done.  The good of him far outweighs the bad.

That said, yesterday was one of the shining examples of the things he does poorly biting the team in a big way.  No issue with anyone calling yesterday's game a Harbaugh loss.

#489 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 12:52 PM

Exactly. That three points may have been the difference in the game. I'm seriously just over him at this point leaving points on the field.

But don't you think that having GB start their first drive from their own 3 contributed to the TD the Ravens scored on their next drive?  

#490 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 December 2021 - 12:55 PM

But don't you think that having GB start their first drive from their own 3 contributed to the TD the Ravens scored on their next drive?  

It definitely did, and that is forgotten, because, it does not fit the narrative, some are selling.

@mikeghg

#491 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 December 2021 - 01:04 PM

Bottom line, we played the league MVP and current NFC #1 seed, without anything that resembles our expected roster and lost by one damn point.

I am pretty sure at times Chris Board was playing safety.  I spent the day looking down at wondering who the hell some of these guys were.  28, 31, 37, 62, 61 and 17.

4 of these guys were playing secondary.  What has happened to the Ravens this year, is unbelievable.  I laugh, when I see the same posters call this team lucky. 

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#492 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 01:15 PM

Green Bay was 100% going to kick the game winning FG in regulation had they needed to, so it doesn't really matter, but I think going for 2 was the right idea. And they had Brown wide open in the end zone, but Huntley didn't see him.

I absolutely believe they get in range. Converting is another story

#493 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 01:16 PM

Rodgers makes a lot defenses stink. Just saying.

Right so you should understand the decision to both try to limit his possesions and score as many points as we can.

#494 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 01:22 PM

Just gave away 2 huge could be wins because of this crap. Both were exacerbated by earlier stupid decisions in each game, where if he kicks it, they wouldn’t have needed to go for 2 anyway. Completely negates the awesome job he’s done this year navigating this roster turmoil.

You are better than this.

1. We dont know how the game plays out if he takes the 3 early.

2. We ended up forcing a 3 and out and getting the ball back on our next posession in good field position. As Mack has noted many times having them backed up on their endzone is another plus towards a decision to go for it.

All that said in the moment yesterday I said I wouldve taken my 3. I understand the thought process though and its logical. If it makes sense then Im not going to be mad in hindsight.

#495 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 December 2021 - 01:23 PM

You are better than this.

1. We dont know how the game plays out if he takes the 3 early.

2. We ended up forcing a 3 and out and getting the ball back on our next posession in good field position. As Mack has noted many times having them backed up on their endzone is another plus towards a decision to go for it.

All that said in the moment yesterday I said I wouldve taken my 3. I understand the thought process though and its logical. If it makes sense then Im not going to be mad in hindsight.

Both decisions didn’t work, and ended the game. You’re better than this.

Is it some impossibility that in 40 seconds, the defense rushes Rodgers into a couple throw away‘s or even a sack and force OT? Also, GB has among the worst special teams in the league. But we’ll never know, because he counted on an unreliable offense to hit a half court shot instead. Beyond idiotic. And so was the Pittsburgh one. We were more short handed yesterday than that game, and the Steelers aren’t the Packers. Two losses because of this garbage. And now a possibility of our rivals getting to the dance.

#496 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 01:25 PM

I generally agree with all the praise for Harbaugh during the week and largely agree with the criticisms of his in-game strategies (though I'm more in favor of many of his higher-risk decisions than lots of other folks) and things like clock management and especially challenges.

I completely disagree with anyone who weighs the total picture of Harbaugh and thinks that a change is necessary. I've got a lot of faith that Bisciotti, DeCosta, and Newsome would find another good coach if we had to find one, but I don't think there is support to the idea that Harbaugh's time here needs to be done. The good of him far outweighs the bad.

That said, yesterday was one of the shining examples of the things he does poorly biting the team in a big way. No issue with anyone calling yesterday's game a Harbaugh loss.

Some of the challenges and clock management are by far his biggest issue. I wish he gambled a bit less in general but again top tier coach

#497 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 December 2021 - 01:28 PM

And if he hates his D Coordinator that much, maybe he should get a new one.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#498 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 01:28 PM

Bottom line, we played the league MVP and current NFC #1 seed, without anything that resembles our expected roster and lost by one damn point.

I am pretty sure at times Chris Board was playing safety. I spent the day looking down at wondering who the hell some of these guys were. 28, 31, 37, 62, 61 and 17.

4 of these guys were playing secondary. What has happened to the Ravens this year, is unbelievable. I laugh, when I see the same posters call this team lucky.

You take that lucky comment I made the wrong way. They were lucky to win some of the games earlier this year. Thats all I meant.
  • Mike B likes this

#499 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 01:32 PM

Both decisions didn’t work, and ended the game. You’re better than this.

Is it some impossibility that in 40 seconds, the defense rushes Rodgers into a couple throw away‘s or even a sack and force OT? Also, GB has among the worst special teams in the league. But we’ll never know, because he counted on an unreliable offense to hit a half court shot instead. Beyond idiotic. And so was the Pittsburgh one. We were more short handed yesterday than that game, and the Steelers aren’t the Packers. Two losses because of this garbage. And now a possibility of our rivals getting to the dance.

I understand the overall frustration. For you and others. Its tough losing games like this and feeling like the season is slipping away. That isnt on Harbaugh. Ill leave it at that.

#500 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 01:36 PM

Right so you should understand the decision to both try to limit his possesions and score as many points as we can.

Scoring as many points as you can is the object in sports. But smartly done you can actually score more if you take little bits here and there. Baseball players stop at bases instead of trying to make it all the way home every hit. Basketball players will dunk an easy 2 rather than chuck up 60 3pt tries a game.

With Tucker, field goal on the first drive is a slam dunk. Instead they did the equivalent of having Shaq shoot a three.

In theory, the Ravens were trying to score only 32 and stop, whereas 31, then 34 or 37 were on the table. You could argue the Ravens were not smartly trying to score as much as they could.
  • You Play to Win the Game, Tranquil1 and bmore_ken like this
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=