#101 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 December 2021 - 02:03 PM

Next week’s game against Florida may be a bloodbath.
@BSLZackKiesel

#102 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 December 2021 - 02:06 PM

Maryland finished shooting 29% from the floor. Atrocious.
@BSLZackKiesel

#103 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 December 2021 - 02:25 PM

Yeah. Florida can really score the basketball. They’ll have to shoot great to be in it.

#104 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 02:30 PM

Don't know what's wrong with Ayala... even though he's not a superstar he should be much better than this.

Russell is quick and fast but everything else is meh. You can see why he came from Rhode Island.

Hart is too inconsistent but he does flash.

Martinez, Green are just meh.

#105 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 02:38 PM

Well that was identical to everything we've seen.  Worse even, if not for Hart's best game of the season.  Guess Manning liked the way things were going under Turgeon.  We can definitively remove his name from even extremely hypothetical consideration.

#106 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 December 2021 - 02:46 PM

Well that was identical to everything we've seen. Worse even, if not for Hart's best game of the season. Guess Manning liked the way things were going under Turgeon. We can definitively remove his name from even extremely hypothetical consideration.

Short turn around. But didn’t expect literally the exact damn thing.
  • Mackus likes this

#107 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 02:48 PM

Short turn around. But didn’t expect literally the exact damn thing.

Dockery playing was his big move?  That's how we turn this ship around?

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#108 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 December 2021 - 02:49 PM

Dockery playing was his big move? That's how we turn this ship around?

Probably wouldn’t have even played if Martinez hadn’t gotten hurt.
@BSLZackKiesel

#109 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 02:59 PM

What did Dockery play.... 5 minutes?

#110 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 03:01 PM

What did Dockery play.... 5 minutes?

9.  He had 3 on the season coming into the game.

So refreshing to have such a new voice on the sidelines.

#111 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 05 December 2021 - 03:24 PM

Should I just be glad that next year we will have someone new? I think we can put to rest the idea that Manning will somehow coach this team into a permanent job for himself.

#112 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 03:30 PM

I don't think there was much he could do to ever really be considered strongly for the job.  So I'm much more disappointed after today that it appears the rest of the season is going to be the same type of frustrating suckfest it'd be if Turgeon were a lame duck than I am happy to be slightly more convinced that it'll be someone external in charge next year.

#113 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 04:02 PM

They just aren't that talented. The shooters they do have are extremely inconsistent, their star and best player has been a dud so far, and their big men are young and super inexperienced.

#114 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 05 December 2021 - 04:11 PM

Should I just be glad that next year we will have someone new? I think we can put to rest the idea that Manning will somehow coach this team into a permanent job for himself.

Safe to say the problems with this team extend beyond game prep and in-game coaching. In addition to a new coach, expect the roster to be blown up….and that’s probably a good thing.

#115 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 04:19 PM

They just aren't that talented. The shooters they do have are extremely inconsistent, their star and best player has been a dud so far, and their big men are young and super inexperienced.

Ayala's struggles are certainly a problem.  Supposed to be the best player on the team.  Problem is he's just a good player and not a star.  

I think otherwise the talent is fine and there is enough breadth that the expectations were close to reasonable. No shooters, so have to come up with an offense that isn't built upon the three. Athletic bigs are exactly what Turgeon wants defensively so he can switch all screens, but they didn't really mesh defensively this year like in past seasons.

Wahab is a junior, BTW.  He's not young or inexperienced.  New to the system is fair.

#116 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 05 December 2021 - 05:09 PM

Ayala's struggles are certainly a problem.  Supposed to be the best player on the team.  Problem is he's just a good player and not a star.  

I think otherwise the talent is fine and there is enough breadth that the expectations were close to reasonable. No shooters, so have to come up with an offense that isn't built upon the three. Athletic bigs are exactly what Turgeon wants defensively so he can switch all screens, but they didn't really mesh defensively this year like in past seasons.

Wahab is a junior, BTW.  He's not young or inexperienced.  New to the system is fair.

"the system."  good one.

Ayala was the best or 2nd best player on the team most games last year.  He had Wiggins but Wiggins would disappear a lot early in the season.  He's just regressing horribly.

#117 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 December 2021 - 08:02 PM

I take this back. The Gators just lost by 15 points to Texas Southern, who was 0-7 headed into the game and ranked #240 in KenPom. So might be a closer game than we originally thought.

@BSLZackKiesel

#118 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 December 2021 - 05:45 PM

I was travelling during this game, and the VT game, but after speeding through the NW game it seemed to me they were at least trying to play faster on offense.  With a week, to prepare and maybe put in a few wrinkles, it will be interesting to see if Maryland can stay with Florida, who is coming off a terrible loss.

@mikeghg

#119 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 08 December 2021 - 06:46 PM

I was travelling during this game, and the VT game, but after speeding through the NW game it seemed to me they were at least trying to play faster on offense.  With a week, to prepare and maybe put in a few wrinkles, it will be interesting to see if Maryland can stay with Florida, who is coming off a terrible loss.

Kenpom says 64 possessions during the VT game and 74 during the NW game so it appears to be correct

she/her

#120 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 December 2021 - 08:02 PM

Damn, good eye then. I didn’t notice that at all TBH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=