5 replies to this topic

#1 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

According to a tweet I have come across from sports with Coleman, Ed Reed has told a radio station that he has been playing with a labrum tear in his shoulder and he thinks it may be affecting his play. If this is true, it is not coming at a good time. I do believe he will play on it, but if it is deteriorating his play, it is hurting us right now. The bad news just keeps rolling in right now. I'm not sure how true this is, just relaying what I have seen.
@Langley486

#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

According to a tweet I have come across from sports with Coleman, Ed Reed has told a radio station that he has been playing with a labrum tear in his shoulder and he thinks it may be affecting his play. If this is true, it is not coming at a good time. I do believe he will play on it, but if it is deteriorating his play, it is hurting us right now. The bad news just keeps rolling in right now. I'm not sure how true this is, just relaying what I have seen.

It just means that his tackling will suffer, which it has been for a while anyway. He can still be a smart player that can get some picks and be where he needs to be.

He has been playing so much centerfield that he isn't involved in many tackling playing anyway.

#3 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

https://mobile.twitt... ... 0908567554

#4 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,385 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

Yeah MUCH different for a baseball player or QB, but for a football player, it might decrease strength in tackling (squeezing in is a motion affected), might be a little achy, and increases the possibility of a dislocation, but it's not auto-season ending.

And since I know you'll ask Rob, don't worry, I'm recovering from my surgery just fine ;)
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,145 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

Non-issue, IMO, even though it will likely dominate the local sports talk today and maybe for a few more days as the NFL gets involved. If this was a real injury, it'd be documented on the team's injury report.

Ed being Ed. I don't think he's really all that injured. Guess we'll find out for sure soon, though.

#6 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

Yeah, he has suffered on tackling for a while anyway, just concerns me that he could make it worse and not be able to play at all. Also, if he didn't tell the Ravens, it is going to cost them a boat-load of money, not that that's too big of an issue. He just needs to play smart.
@Langley486

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=