Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 24 November 2021 - 09:52 AM

Purple on mustard.

They were the worst.  I think the Ravens said they would not ever be used again.

@mikeghg

#22 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 24 November 2021 - 01:26 PM

Baker isnt 100 and playing pretty poorly. Thats the hope because our secondary and coverage in general is just a mess. At this point you know the breakdowns and the opponents hitting big plays are coming. Its just a matter of how many times do they do it.

They have two burners in People-Jones and Schwartz. With as open as Goodwin and Mooney were able to get, all Baker has to do is put it down field and let them run under it.

Chubb still scares me more than any of their pass catchers or Baker. That dude is like a reincarnation of Jamal Lewis in his prime. Our defense attempting to tackle him is a scary thought.

#23 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,308 posts

Posted 25 November 2021 - 08:40 AM

Baker isnt 100 and playing pretty poorly. Thats the hope because our secondary and coverage in general is just a mess. At this point you know the breakdowns and the opponents hitting big plays are coming. Its just a matter of how many times do they do it.

I think it all comes down to which Mayfield shows up.  If he plays like he did last week, the Browns are in for a beating since they'll become completely one-dimensional and Chubb will be neutralized.  With Hunt coming back this week, they'd be crazy not to run the ball 30-40 times and control the clock and just have Mayfield manage some 3rd down passes.  I have very mixed feelings about this game.  I can see it getting ugly like the Bengals game or I can see a Chargers type domination.  I doubt it's going to be somewhere in between. 

#24 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 November 2021 - 10:00 AM

Defensive game plan - I’d make Baker beat you. Chubb and Hunt are going to get their’s, but force Baker and his bummed shoulder beat you. He can’t. Not right now. Keenum is one of the higher paid backups in the game, too.

#25 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 10:13 AM

ESPN: Cleveland Browns betting on banged-up Baker Mayfield to turn his -- and their -- season around

#26 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 11:11 AM

MU88Nou.png

Lots of roster activity this week. Ogbuehi and Boykin already ruled out.

Campbell and Williams questionable, Campbell the bigger concern with the concussion. Isaiah Mack promoted for the game doesn't bode well for one of Williams or Campbell playing. 

Ar'Darius Washington out for the year with a broken foot. 

Malik Harrison returns to the active roster after the GSW.

Kevon Seymour signed to the 53-man, used up both PS promotions already. Still two open spots on the PS.

Tons of guys questionable. It doesn't get easier, or warmer, from here. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#27 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,308 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 12:19 PM

MU88Nou.png

Lots of roster activity this week. Ogbuehi and Boykin already ruled out.

Campbell and Williams questionable, Campbell the bigger concern with the concussion. Isaiah Mack promoted for the game doesn't bode well for one of Williams or Campbell playing. 

Ar'Darius Washington out for the year with a broken foot. 

Malik Harrison returns to the active roster after the GSW.

Kevon Seymour signed to the 53-man, used up both PS promotions already. Still two open spots on the PS.

Tons of guys questionable. It doesn't get easier, or warmer, from here. 

That's what I've been saying- the injury blood bath will continue right through week 18.  If injuries are going to be this frequent around the league and particularly the Ravens, then something needs to be done about it.  I mean, the attrition rate is getting almost ridiculous.  

#28 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 08:05 PM

So who's ready to stay up way too late and watch this team play mediocre football, but somehow make enough plays to keep it close. Then get your blood pressure and heart rate at dangerous levels for the whole 4th quarter, just to make sure their is no hope of you going to sleep before 2 a.m. ?
  • bmore_ken likes this

#29 MirzetSalihovic

MirzetSalihovic

All-Star

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 08:06 PM

Over/under 3 points in quarter 1?

#30 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,015 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 08:08 PM

No Campbell hurts.  Seems like the two most obvious paths to a Ravens loss would be if they can't stop Chubb or if they can't stop Garrett.  Stopping Chubb without Campbell and Williams banged up and mostly ineffective this year is gonna be tough.

#31 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 08:10 PM

No Campbell hurts. Seems like the two most obvious paths to a Ravens loss would be if they can't stop Chubb or if they can't stop Garrett. Stopping Chubb without Campbell and Williams banged up and mostly ineffective this year is gonna be tough.

Hunt catching the same swing passes that Swift killed us on is a scary thought as well. Hunt in the open field against our defense is a recipe for disaster.

#32 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 08:11 PM

Over/under 3 points in quarter 1?

I'll actually take the over.

#33 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,407 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 08:15 PM

Must win to win the division. Unless 10 Ws wins it outright and it wont. 3 of the last 4 in division are on the road. Cant start 0-2 at home.

#34 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 08:16 PM

Can we slow the Browns running?

Are the Browns better off if Baker is knocked out early?

Can the Ravens run the ball (outside of Jackson)?

Jackson wearing his Cape tonight?

Do the Ravens go max protect more often?

Can the defense make 3rd down stops?
Hold to FGs vs giving up 6?
Can you get a turnover or two?

I'm a little anxious.
Huge game.
Need the division home game.

Cleveland has their bye next week and then the Ravens again. Can't lose tonight and give the Browns a chance to sweep.

#35 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,015 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 08:18 PM

Either QB single-handedly giving the game to the Ravens is the Ravens' clearest path to victory, IMO.

#36 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,308 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 08:20 PM

I sure hope I'm wrong but I just don't see the Ravens winning this game.  I'm trying like hell to rationalize their obvious weaknesses but on paper, it's not adding up.  Baltimore is a very mediocre team that has somehow managed to get to 7-3.  You would think the odds will eventually begin to balance themselves out, especially against the good teams, which I do think Cleveland is despite their dysfunctions. 

CLEVELAND 24; BALTIMORE 20

#37 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 28 November 2021 - 08:23 PM

Mayfield is gonna throw us a couple tonight.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#38 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 08:24 PM

Baker with a perfect quick slant to Landry.

#39 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 08:24 PM

Queen!

#40 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts