BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,358 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 November 2021 - 05:57 PM

Have faith in Locksley.

Since you’re the only person on this board who said you’d rather fire Locksley than Turgeon, who do you want him replaced with?

He was one of three people who even wanted to interview for this job three years ago (and was by far the most qualified), are there suddenly going to be quality candidates beating down Damon Evans’ door (or even answering his phone calls)?

Or are you cool with firing him, replacing him with literally anyone, and having this same conversation in two years?
@BSLZackKiesel

#83 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,358 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 November 2021 - 06:02 PM

Touchdown, Maryland. Tagovailoa to Carriere.

31-10 Michigan with 4:51 left in the third quarter.
@BSLZackKiesel

#84 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 06:06 PM

And then an immediate kickoff return. This team is so embarrassing.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#85 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,358 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 November 2021 - 06:06 PM

Michigan returns the ensuing kickoff for a touchdown. 38-10 Wolverines.

Ron Zook should be looking for a new job this off-season. Special teams have been abysmal all year long.
@BSLZackKiesel

#86 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,358 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 November 2021 - 06:12 PM

Touchdown, Maryland. Tagovailoa runs it in for six and the ensuing two-point conversion.

38-18 Michigan with 2:22 left in the third quarter.
@BSLZackKiesel

#87 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 November 2021 - 06:14 PM

Taulia exorcising some demons here and putting together two nice drives is great to see at least.

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

#88 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,358 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 November 2021 - 06:17 PM

Michigan scores on another big play. 45-18 Wolverines.
@BSLZackKiesel

#89 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,903 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 06:20 PM

Since you’re the only person on this board who said you’d rather fire Locksley than Turgeon, who do you want him replaced with?

He was one of three people who even wanted to interview for this job three years ago (and was by far the most qualified), are there suddenly going to be quality candidates beating down Damon Evans’ door (or even answering his phone calls)?

Or are you cool with firing him, replacing him with literally anyone, and having this same conversation in two years?

I don't think they could possibly do any worse! It's terrible luck that things went the way they did with Durkin and the McNair situation because he probably would've ended up a solid HC here. I'd even venture to say that Edsall was better here at Maryland than Locksley will be.

#90 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,358 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 November 2021 - 06:22 PM

Pick-six from Tagovailoa. 52-18 Michigan.

Probably time to put in the backups for the fourth quarter.
@BSLZackKiesel

#91 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,358 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 November 2021 - 06:31 PM

Another score from Michigan. 59-18 Wolverines with 13:40 left in the fourth quarter.
@BSLZackKiesel

#92 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 06:34 PM

I just don't see how if you're the administration and you have any pride whatsoever how you're ok with this. Maybe Zack is right and literally no one else will take the job, but the this product is so horrible in every way.

#93 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 06:40 PM

I mean Taulia has a chance to just push the guy out of bounds on the pick 6 and literally just stopped because he thought the guy stepped out of bounds ( I think he just didn't want to get hit). Then Bennett makes a pathetic attempt at a tackle and let's the 2nd string QB bounce off him for a TD. And these are some of your leaders, making just horrible effort.

#94 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,487 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 06:44 PM

I just don't see how if you're the administration and you have any pride whatsoever how you're ok with this. Maybe Zack is right and literally no one else will take the job, but the this product is so horrible in every way.

Absolutely. Youre basically telling what fans you have left you dont care and arent even trying right now. Its a total embarassment but you can tell there are enough alumni and donors whove bought into the " lay low and let the stink blow off the Durkin era". It doesnt matter how embarrasing the product is on the field just be on your best behavior off it.

#95 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,487 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 06:47 PM

I mean Taulia has a chance to just push the guy out of bounds on the pick 6 and literally just stopped because he thought the guy stepped out of bounds ( I think he just didn't want to get hit). Then Bennett makes a pathetic attempt at a tackle and let's the 2nd string QB bounce off him for a TD. And these are some of your leaders, making just horrible effort.

And Im done listening to the crap about Locksley wanted the job and cares about this program. There likely isnt a single person in that program including the AD who gives a crap about MD as a football program. Its been that way for quite a while now.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#96 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,903 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 06:52 PM

All we heard was that Maryland was his dream job and all he ever wanted was to be the Terps head coach. It was probably his dream job because it's the only job he could realistically get.

Don't worry, he'll probably beat some decent team at the start of next season, mop up against some way lesser opponents, and then get totally flogged during the B10 play.

#97 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,527 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 20 November 2021 - 06:56 PM

Absolutely. Youre basically telling what fans you have left you dont care and arent even trying right now. Its a total embarassment but you can tell there are enough alumni and donors whove bought into the " lay low and let the stink blow off the Durkin era". It doesnt matter how embarrasing the product is on the field just be on your best behavior off it.

They got $200 million, mostly from donors, to blow on football facilities. Someone must care. And whomever it is that does ought to be in Evans' ear telling him that this is unacceptable.

#98 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,358 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 November 2021 - 07:09 PM

Michigan wins, 59-18.

The winner of next week’s game against Rutgers will earn their sixth win and a bowl berth.
@BSLZackKiesel

#99 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,903 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 07:12 PM

Earlier in the season I thought the Rutgers game should be very winnable and a bowl game realistic. Now I'm not so sure.

#100 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 07:15 PM

I don't buy the idea that Maryland football can never be a legit top 10 / top 15 caliber program, and a perennial top 25. Maryland is the biggest college and biggest college program right in the heart of a large market.

I think they'll need to find a way to lure a legit, "name" head coach with a top tier track record at some point. Someone that had big success at a big school for a while, then maybe got the boot because they failed to live up to elevated standards. That sort of situation...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=