Lions and Vikings have to hate us.

#482 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,930 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 05:37 PM

If the Titans without Henry lose at the Rams tonight then the Ravens will have the best record in the AFC.

• russsnyder likes this

#483 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 05:41 PM

If the Titans without Henry lose at the Rams tonight then the Ravens will have the best record in the AFC.

Go Rams!
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#484 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 05:54 PM

If you look at the statistics alone, you would have thought the Ravens blew the Vikings off the field.  But with two interceptions, giving up big plays on defense once again, kick off return for TD, costly penalties, dropped TD pass by Andrews, etc...the Ravens tried like hell to gift wrap this one.  That said, the defense did come up with a big stand when they had to and with 250 rushing yards and an ungodly time of possession for the game, any doubt of what they have to do going forward vanished for me.  I know Minnesota wasn't any stout rush defense but when the Ravens played power football in the second half, it took it's toll and kept the defense where they belong- on the side lines. If anyone that loves this team has any aspirations of going to another Super Bowl, it's run, run, run and feast off of play-action. Any other approach and it's just window dressing in my opinion. 

• JStruds likes this

#485 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,512 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 November 2021 - 05:58 PM

Marquise Brown is now a bonafide weapon. And not just as a deep threat.

And you gotta love the first down machines start. Exactly the kind of WR we needed in Bateman.

#486 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,775 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 06:15 PM

Brown, Bateman, Watkins, Duvernay, and even Proche are serious weapons.

#487 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,298 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 06:24 PM

Interesting to see if they look to pay Brown

#488 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 06:35 PM

Almost half attributed to Lamar.

Could argue he has been more of an MVP this season than he was the year he won the MVP.

I think I would agree with that.  Take him out of the equation in the MVP year and the Ravens were probably still a decent team, just not nearly as dominant.  But that team overall was solid.  Take him out of the equation on this years team and they have probably only won two games.  He is the running game and the passing game.  And this year he is being asked to make up for a God awful defense.  

#489 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 07 November 2021 - 07:25 PM

Interesting to see if they look to pay Brown

I think they have to. He does multiple things well, and for all the complaining about his drops, he is way more sure handed than Torrey Smith, the previous best WR drafted by the Ravens. Brown has 2 seasons with ~65% catch rate, Smith's best catch rate in his career is like 53%.

#490 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 07:27 PM

Another nailbiter. They can't keep doing this. They have to be better.

A couple weeks ago you gave us a power rankings of sorts. Or a list of your "contenders".

Can you update your list for us? 

@BSLMikeRandall

#491 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,930 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 07:33 PM

A couple weeks ago you gave us a power rankings of sorts. Or a list of your "contenders".

If every team on the list has a disqualifying loss and fatal flaw...do they just vacate the title this year?  Like if Calipari was the coach?

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#492 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,437 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 07:38 PM

If every team on the list has a disqualifying loss and fatal flaw...do they just vacate the title this year? Like if Calipari was the coach?

This is the year an 8-9 team wins it all.

#493 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 07:43 PM

If every team on the list has a disqualifying loss and fatal flaw...do they just vacate the title this year?  Like if Calipari was the coach?

Just cancel the rest of the AFC's seasons. Let the NFC decide the champs.

@BSLMikeRandall

#494 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,512 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 November 2021 - 09:30 PM

I’d take that production from Bell or Freeman, not even necessarily both, all day. They really ran well today. Got the sense run blocking was the major focus during the bye.

#495 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,930 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 09:48 PM

Go Rams!

Maybe the Titans aren't dead without Henry.  Up 21-3 late in the 1st half.  Defense has scored more than they've let up, which is a good recipe for success.

• russsnyder likes this

#496 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 10:34 PM

I’d take that production from Bell or Freeman, not even necessarily both, all day. They really ran well today. Got the sense run blocking was the major focus during the bye.

Certainly didn't look like pass protection was a focus.

Also, I find it hard to believe someone like Kerryon Johnson couldn't be brought in cheap and offer better production than Murray or Bell.

#497 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 11:12 PM

Maybe the Titans aren't dead without Henry.  Up 21-3 late in the 1st half.  Defense has scored more than they've let up, which is a good recipe for success.

Tennessee's defense is what the Raven's defense used to be.  They are physical.  I don't think they are that talented, but they hit and they hit hard.  I'm surprised they could go into LA and dominate them they way they have.  And I give a lot of credit to Vrabel.  He may not be well liked by a lot of people, but he does get his team prepared to play.  

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#498 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 01:48 AM

I mean...sure? I'm not sure why it matters to you.

#499 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 06:31 AM

The focus is where it should have been all year and also, going forward.  

#500 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 06:47 AM

Tennessee's defense is what the Raven's defense used to be.  They are physical.  I don't think they are that talented, but they hit and they hit hard.  I'm surprised they could go into LA and dominate them they way they have.  And I give a lot of credit to Vrabel.  He may not be well liked by a lot of people, but he does get his team prepared to play.  

And yet they lost to the Jets. 

But they are very good. Even without Henry. 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=