On this episode, Matt Kory, Dr. Loftus, and myself discuss:
– Who’s the most talented player on the Orioles current roster?
– Mike Baumann made his ML debut Tuesday and got the win. Baumann joined other ‘Group of ’10’ starters Zac Lowther, Keegan Akin, and Alex Wells on the current ML roster.
Set the over / under on how many Group of 10 arms are on the ML roster to begin ’22? Do you think it’s fair to say ’20 impacted development of some of them, or is that a crutch?
Group of 10: Akin / Kremer / Baumann / Lowther / Zimmermann / Wells / Bradish / Smith / Rom / Knight
– There are a number of high end SS’s available this off-season. We also talked last week about Andrelton Simmons being available as a dependable glove.
If the Orioles won’t pursue any of the stars, would you advocate for Simmons over Mateo, or the O’s pursuing a blocked prospect elsewhere?
– Project the contracts… Michael Pineda, Zach Davies, Carlos Martinez, Eduardo Rodriguez, Simmons, Syndergaard, Alex Wood
– Tampa Bay continues to lead the AL East. Boston is the 1st Wild Card. New York has lost 5 straight, and Toronto has won 7 in a row to pull within a 1.5 of the Yankees. Seattle and Oakland, are also within 3 games of NY. Do the Yanks hold on, or get overtaken?
– If the Dodgers don’t overtake the Giants in the AL West, they will be one of the Wild Cards. San Diego is currently the 2nd WC, with the Reds 1 GB, and the Phillies, Cards, and Mets within 4.5 games. Who gets the 2nd WC in the National League?
– Again, what’s the cutoff on how many teams you believe can win the World Series?
You can listen to the show here.
This episode is brought to you courtesy of Mercer Floor & Home Carpet One.