#1 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 22 August 2021 - 12:35 PM

As we inch towards the season opener, a look back at last night's win in Carolina. https://baltimorespo...ne-step-closer/
  • BSLChrisStoner and You Play to Win the Game like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#2 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,315 posts

Posted 22 August 2021 - 07:53 PM

As we inch towards the season opener, a look back at last night's win in Carolina. https://baltimorespo...ne-step-closer/

Good write up. Offensive line had a better showing. I think the LG position is still an open battle. I doubt Cleveland gets the nod right away, especially missing as much time as he has. Which leads me to believe it's a 2 dog race between Powers and Bredeson. Bredeson has shown better on game night. But with Powers getting the start both games, it leads me to believe Powers has been consistently better in practices. I wouldn't mind seeing Stanley get another DNP next week. We know what he can do. No reason to risk his health on a roll up in a meaningless preseason game.

Next week's game will be a huge test for the offensive line. At least early. WFT starts a pretty dominant defensive line. Will be interesting to see how we look.

#3 JimJohnson

JimJohnson

HOF

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 06:24 AM

Good writeup Jamie. It looks like the Ravens have more good DBs and RBs than they have roster spots-a nice problem to have on cutdown day. Then there is the annual extra kicker that could fetch a free draft choice. It will be nice to see Lamar get some reps next week and even nicer if the Ravens can leave Landover with no more significant injuries.

Jim Johnson
BSL Contributor

#4 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 23 August 2021 - 07:33 AM

Good writeup Jamie. It looks like the Ravens have more good DBs and RBs than they have roster spots-a nice problem to have on cutdown day. Then there is the annual extra kicker that could fetch a free draft choice. It will be nice to see Lamar get some reps next week and even nicer if the Ravens can leave Landover with no more significant injuries.

If DeCosta can pull off another Kaare Vedvik-esque coup with Jake Verity, the league should start making his bust for Canton.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#5 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 23 August 2021 - 07:34 AM

Good write up. Offensive line had a better showing. I think the LG position is still an open battle. I doubt Cleveland gets the nod right away, especially missing as much time as he has. Which leads me to believe it's a 2 dog race between Powers and Bredeson. Bredeson has shown better on game night. But with Powers getting the start both games, it leads me to believe Powers has been consistently better in practices. I wouldn't mind seeing Stanley get another DNP next week. We know what he can do. No reason to risk his health on a roll up in a meaningless preseason game.

Next week's game will be a huge test for the offensive line. At least early. WFT starts a pretty dominant defensive line. Will be interesting to see how we look.

The preseason is such a difficult balancing act between getting some work in for the vets but also keeping them healthy. With regards to Stanley, I think a series or 2, just to knock some rust off is quite possible.
@primetime667083

#6 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,718 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 07:43 AM

If DeCosta can pull off another Kaare Vedvik-esque coup with Jake Verity, the league should start making his bust for Canton.

Teams know youre cutting him. Its not worth it to spend a draft pick. Hope he gets to your waiver priority. Kickers are fickle anyway.

#7 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 08:52 AM

Teams know youre cutting him. Its not worth it to spend a draft pick. Hope he gets to your waiver priority. Kickers are fickle anyway.

There are a couple of teams dealing with kicker injuries. Do you wait if you are high up in priority or trade a 7th to make sure. We can get back the the 7th for Oliver since it looks like he's making the team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=