44 replies to this topic

#1 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Fear is Lardarius Webb has a torn left ACL, according to a league source. Will need MRI to confirm initial diagnosis

He left the game in the third quarter after colliding knees with a Cowboys WR.

Devastating news for an already mediocre defense, if true.

#2 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,948 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

That would just about end our season, I'd say...

#3 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,531 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

He's no Revis, but based on what he means to the secondary, losing Webb would be nearly as bad as losing Revis was for the Jets.

#4 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,948 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

He's no Revis, but based on what he means to the secondary, losing Webb would be nearly as bad as losing Revis was for the Jets.

To us he's way more valuable than Revis. Can you imagine relying on Cary Williams, Jimmy Smith, and Chykie Brown? There's not a starting NFL quality CB among them.

#5 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

I thought the "initial diagnosis" was a sprain?

#6 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

Looks bad, given what the players are saying about Webb.

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,444 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Well... I'll wait and see what the official report is, but obviously it would be a hard injury for the Ravens to deal with. I agree he is one of the most valuable players on the entire roster, especially with how many teams are throwing all over the place.

However, if Suggs can get back and improve the pass rush, I think Smith and Williams can be adequate starters. I would think Asa Jackson would push Brown for time.

Hopefully this won't be the worst news for Webb... even if he has to miss several weeks. Fingers crossed.

#8 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,531 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

Based on what everyone is saying, I fully expect that he's done for the season.

#9 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

When you think it's a torn acl, it usually is. They can do enough tests on the knee to have a very good idea what's wrong.

This is a terrible loss unless Jimmy Smith all of a sudden becomes the elite CB they think he can be.

It also sucks because you have a lot of money tied up in Webb and he will now be playing on 2 torn acls.

Just awful for the Ravens.

#10 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

http://www.baltimore... ... 5112.story

Also, Ray Lewis COULD have major triceps injury.

#11 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,554 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

I think other than Flacco, Webb is the last player you'd want to have a season ending injury. Suggs is close, but personally I think I'd rather lose Suggs than Webb, although it's close. This is devastating if true.

I like Chris's spin on things... If Suggs can come back and sure up the pass rush, that could help immensely with the secondary.

#12 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,554 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-injury-updates-harbaugh-on-webbs-potential-acl-tear-it-does-not-look-good-right-now-20121014,0,695112.story

Also, Ray Lewis COULD have major triceps injury.

Other than his on the field coaching (which hasn't seemed to matter this year), this just isn't a big loss if true. That said, I hope it's not. I still want him out there in critical situations. You never know when he'll recognize something and call out a play that could mean the game.

#13 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

I think other than Flacco, Webb is the last player you'd want to have a season ending injury. Suggs is close, but personally I think I'd rather lose Suggs than Webb, although it's close. This is devastating if true.

I like Chris's spin on things... If Suggs can come back and sure up the pass rush, that could help immensely with the secondary.

I think Webb is 3, behind Rice. But again, just one man's opinion.

Other than his on the field coaching (which hasn't seemed to matter this year), this just isn't a big loss if true. That said, I hope it's not. I still want him out there in critical situations. You never know when he'll recognize something and call out a play that could mean the game.

If Lewis is out, who are the starting linebackers? I would think depth is starting to become an issue for this team.

#14 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,531 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

If Lewis is out, who are the starting linebackers? I would think depth is starting to become an issue for this team.

Probably Ellerbe alongside McClain. Wasn't that how they did it last year when Ray was out?

#15 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

Probably Ellerbe alongside McClain. Wasn't that how they did it last year when Ray was out?

That's correct.

#16 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

Ray Lewis having MRI tomorrow.

#17 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,948 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Would love to see us bring in EJ Henderson assuming he's healthy...... Might not hurt to give Shawne Merriman a workout, either.

#18 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,640 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

ESPN text says torn ACL for Webb, sprained MCL for Ngata.

#19 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,656 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Would love to see us bring in EJ Henderson assuming he's healthy...... Might not hurt to give Shawne Merriman a workout, either.

We were talking about EJ at the game today. I looked out over the field on the last drive and we had 3 UDFA'[s in at LB.
The Webb injury is a devasting blow.

I saw Ray on the sideline and he seemed to be flexing his arm. I hope he did not tear the tricep.
@mikeghg

#20 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

That's the critical thing. A good pass rush can make an iffy secondary look a lot better. Remember when the Ravens went 12-4 and to the second round of the playoffs with a cornerback crew of Chris Carr, Fabian Washington and Josh Wilson? That was only two years ago. That's also why I would still put Suggs in front of Webb--that and, well, the fact that we're seeing how his absence is killing the defense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=