Photo

NBA 2021-22 General Talk (Golden State Wins Championship)

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#341 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 02:31 PM

The Ringer: The Celtics Can’t Escape the Long Arm(s) of Draymond Green

#342 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 08 June 2022 - 01:53 PM

ESPN: NBA Finals 2022: What we're watching in Game 3 between the Boston Celtics and Golden State Warriors

https://www.espn.com...-state-warriors

#343 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 08 June 2022 - 06:38 PM

Let's go Warriors... 

#344 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 08 June 2022 - 11:13 PM

Fifteen offensive rebounds for the Celtics tonight. The Warriors definitely got outworked.

It's interesting to note (OK, to me at least) that the last time the Celtics won an NBA championship as the lower seed was way back in 1974, when they beat the Milwaukee Bucks in seven games. Their five NBA titles since then--1976, 1981, 1984, 1986 and 2008--were all won as the higher seed going into the Finals. They're halfway to bucking that trend in 2022.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#345 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 June 2022 - 08:15 AM

Hate the 2 day break between all NBA Finals games a lot. 

#346 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 08:42 AM

The Ringer: The Warriors Are in a Familiar Hole After a Familiar Letdown

The Ringer: The Celtics Are Large and Now in Charge

#347 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 June 2022 - 10:09 AM

Steph looked like he was in serious pain. If he's hobbled, this series is pretty much over.

#348 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 09 June 2022 - 10:49 AM

Hate the 2 day break between all NBA Finals games a lot.

The quality of play is better this way, though.

#349 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 June 2022 - 12:26 PM

Steph looked like he was in serious pain. If he's hobbled, this series is pretty much over.

Horford came down on him pretty hard going for the loose ball.  The Celtics are tasking advantage of the Warriors lack of size and may be the better team, but your right if Steph is out, it may be game over.

@mikeghg

#350 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 03:50 PM

https://anchor.fm/sp...3-Games-e1job5d

Kendall Hilton and Jalon Dixon update The Finals.

#351 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 10:50 PM

Speaking of GOATs,I think there's a pretty good chance that in about 15 years, many of us will look back at right now and think half of the 10 best ever played now. Four of the top 10 is extremely likely.

Steph is really helping his top 10 case this series. His Finals' resume is something that has been held against him, partially fair and partially unfair, but the dude has been ballin this series.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#352 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 09:00 AM

Steph is really helping his top 10 case this series. His Finals' resume is something that has been held against him, partially fair and partially unfair, but the dude has been ballin this series.

Yeah, I think you are right here.  That was an amazing performance last night...

If he was something like 15-20 all-time entering this season (maybe he was already higher); and if he gets 2 more wins and another title... with him being far and away the reason why...  he'll have a very good argument for being Top 10 all-time.

Maybe that is also unfair, as I guess him winning two more games here doesn't really change his body of work.  He works hard, great teammate, never stops moving, best shooter ever. 

Is there anyone that doesn't like Steph?

#353 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 10:10 AM

Yeah, I think you are right here.  That was an amazing performance last night...

If he was something like 15-20 all-time entering this season (maybe he was already higher); and if he gets 2 more wins and another title... with him being far and away the reason why...  he'll have a very good argument for being Top 10 all-time.

Maybe that is also unfair, as I guess him winning two more games here doesn't really change his body of work.  He works hard, great teammate, never stops moving, best shooter ever. 

My top 10 statement comes with some projection of him still adding a decent amount to his resume after this season, which I think is a fair assumption, but you never know for sure. I'd say he was top 15 entering these playoffs. 

I don't think they have to win this series for this to be a significant feather in his cap. We'll see how he plays in the next 2-3 games, but he deserves a lot of credit for getting this team here and for how he's played so far in these finals.

The great teammate comment is spot on here as well. He's in the GOAT conversation as far as being a teammate goes. I also think there is a good argument for basketball being the sport where being a good teammate matters the most (at least out of the major sports).  

#354 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,555 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 11 June 2022 - 10:42 AM

Yeah, I think you are right here. That was an amazing performance last night...

If he was something like 15-20 all-time entering this season (maybe he was already higher); and if he gets 2 more wins and another title... with him being far and away the reason why... he'll have a very good argument for being Top 10 all-time.

Maybe that is also unfair, as I guess him winning two more games here doesn't really change his body of work. He works hard, great teammate, never stops moving, best shooter ever.

Hello
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#355 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 12 June 2022 - 09:16 AM

I think Steph is already the best player ever of his height or smaller, possibly can even extend that to under 6'6. I think by the time he retires, he'll the 2nd best player ever that's under 6'9.

#356 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 12 June 2022 - 09:21 AM

ESPN: NBA Finals 2022: Why the Warriors and Celtics need their big men in a big way

https://www.espn.com...big-men-big-way

#357 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 07:56 AM

CBS Sports: Warriors vs. Celtics prediction, pick, odds, spread, line for 2022 NBA Finals Game 5

https://www.cbssport...-finals-game-5/

#358 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 13 June 2022 - 10:55 PM

If the Celtics are to win the title, they will have to do it by first going to seven games in 3 consecutive series. The only team to do that and win a title was the 1988 Lakers, who went 7 with Utah, Dallas and then Detroit. And unlike the Celtics, the Lakers had all their Game 7s at home.

• mdrunning likes this

#359 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 12:29 AM

For the Celtics to win this series (besides winning Game 6, of course), they're going to have to perform the unenviable task of winning a Finals Game 7 on the road. The last team to do it was Cleveland vs. Golden State in 2016. Before that, however, the last team to win a Finals Game 7 on the road was the 1978 Washington Bullets vs. Seattle.

#360 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 14 June 2022 - 10:15 AM

I think Steph is already the best player ever of his height or smaller, possibly can even extend that to under 6'6. I think by the time he retires, he'll the 2nd best player ever that's under 6'9.

So you'd put him above Kobe?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=