Photo

ESPN: NCAA's Emmert says 'this is the right time' to consider decentralized, deregulated college sports

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,674 posts

Posted 18 July 2021 - 09:20 AM

ESPN: NCAA's Emmert says 'this is the right time' to consider decentralized, deregulated college sports

https://www.espn.com...-college-sports

#2 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,271 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 11 August 2021 - 02:53 PM

In giving Baylor football a mere slap on the wrist for its multiple coverups of sexual assault cases, the NCAA gave the most NCAA excuse in NCAA history:

The panel considered charges that three specific instances of alleged actual or threatened violence by football student-athletes went unreported by members of the football staff and resulted in impermissible benefits to the involved student-athletes. The panel found that those instances of non-reporting did not constitute impermissible benefits to football student-athletes because of a campus-wide culture of nonreporting. That culture was driven by the school's broader failure to prioritize Title IX implementation, creating an environment in which faculty and staff did not know and/or understand their obligations to report allegations of sexual or interpersonal violence. Because the culture of non-reporting was not limited to cases involving student-athletes, the panel could not find that these instances resulted in impermissible benefits.

So basically what they are saying is that Baylor University was so dirty that it somehow made the Baylor University Football program clean. If you asked me to conjure up the most absurd excuse for this ruling, I don't think I could have possibly come up with something that ridiculous.

Now, I don't necessarily think the conferences are going to be any better about coming down on revenue-generating programs in instances like this (assuming more of that responsibility will fall to the conferences in the future). But this just might be the prime example of how the NCAA is an unmitigated failure.

#3 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,051 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 13 August 2021 - 02:56 PM

The NCAA is the second most corrupt sports regulating body on the planet. Right behind FIFA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=