#2 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 09 July 2021 - 02:12 PM

It's so sad how often we hear the racist trope which Rachel Nichols used as the scapegoat for her not getting the job she wanted. It's especially disheartening to hear it from someone like Rachel, who has worked in the NBA for quite sometime, worked with many African Americans, and seemed to be better than this. 

#3 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,273 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 09 July 2021 - 05:37 PM

It does get tiresome when ESPN becomes the news rather than being a news outlet. Good point on how this all seemingly gave Adam Silver a little cover, tossing into its wake that two teams just passed over seemingly qualified female head coaching candidates in favor of a domestic abuser and an accused rapist.

#4 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 09 July 2021 - 07:19 PM

I think that the most interesting side-note of this is that Malika Andrews hasn't been a step down at all. 

Maria Taylor might leave, and there might still be no leftover space for Rachel. And that's kinda wild.

#5 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 09 July 2021 - 09:41 PM

It does get tiresome when ESPN becomes the news rather than being a news outlet. Good point on how this all seemingly gave Adam Silver a little cover, tossing into its wake that two teams just passed over seemingly qualified female head coaching candidates in favor of a domestic abuser and an accused rapist.

I would absolutely love to see a woman become a head coach, but the other sports give plenty of cover on this one and the story here should be also be covered.

#6 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,273 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 10 July 2021 - 01:49 PM

I would absolutely love to see a woman become a head coach, but the other sports give plenty of cover on this one and the story here should be also be covered.

The NBA has been well ahead of the other leagues in hiring women for traditionally male roles, no doubt there. And I do believe they will eventually be the ones to break that barrier when it comes to HC. But this summer felt like a setback in that regard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=