Photo

College Basketball 2021-22: General Talk (Kansas Wins National Title)

• Please log in to reply
833 replies to this topic

#781 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 03 April 2022 - 08:29 AM

Hahaha, hope Rob and every other Duke fan in the DMV enjoyed that.

What a run by the severely under seeded Tar Heels.

UNC vs. Kansas should be incredibly Monday night.

You hate to see it end like that for the Dookie fans. Especially the bandwagon boys riding the D of that sanctimonius rat.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#782 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,677 posts

Posted 03 April 2022 - 08:42 AM

CBS Sports: 2022 NCAA basketball championship game: UNC vs. Kansas set for national title as March Madness concludes

https://www.cbssport...ness-concludes/

#783 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 April 2022 - 03:18 PM

Just put a bet out there on UNC to win it all at +3500.

Full disclosure. And I’m not one to brag. This was a $50 bet to win $1800. I have a cash out offer for $568.

What would you do. Let it ride, or take the deal? I already made my decision, but curious your thoughts.
@BSLMikeRandall

#784 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 03 April 2022 - 03:32 PM

Full disclosure. And I’m not one to brag. This was a $50 bet to win $1800. I have a cash out offer for $568.

What would you do. Let it ride, or take the deal? I already made my decision, but curious your thoughts.

You let it ride. Nowhere near enough offered  to buy you out. if you want to hedge to lock up something just place a bet on  Kansas. 

Curious when they first offered to buy you out? 

• Mackus and CantonJester like this

#785 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 03 April 2022 - 04:02 PM

You let it ride. Nowhere near enough offered  to buy you out. if you want to hedge to lock up something just place a bet on  Kansas. 

^This 

#786 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,277 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 April 2022 - 04:31 PM

1000% let it ride.
@BSLZackKiesel

#787 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,677 posts

Posted 03 April 2022 - 05:43 PM

CBS Sports: Kansas vs. North Carolina: Who has position-by-position edge in 2022 NCAA basketball championship game?

https://www.cbssport...mpionship-game/

#788 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 April 2022 - 05:57 PM

You let it ride. Nowhere near enough offered to buy you out. if you want to hedge to lock up something just place a bet on Kansas.

Today was the first day they offered. They also offered something before the Duke game, $290 or something.

I cashed it out cause….I’m not that lucky. Ever. The last time Tiger won the Masters I had bets on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th place finishers. All of whom pooped their pants on Amen corner when Tiger didn’t and probably should have won.

UNC beat Baylor, UCLA, Duke, that is some incredible run and they still have to beat Kansas. Kind of thought about the Let’s Make a Deal problem. Odds are I wasn’t going to win in the first place. So you change your mind when you eliminate the other possibilities. Also I figure if Bacot aggravates his injury early, that’ll be a disadvantage.

Kansas ML is -188. So I’d have to hedge a lot to make it worth it I think. I’m bad at the math on that though. I figured out I’d have to bet $1068 to win what they want me to take to not ride it out with UNC. I tried racking my brain with how much to hedge… $500 of my own $ to win like $265 didn’t seem worth it.

I’m more than happy with $568 I didn’t have this morning.

So yeah, I cashed out so UNC is definitely winning tomorrow.
@BSLMikeRandall

#789 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 03 April 2022 - 06:04 PM

Hedge

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#790 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 03 April 2022 - 07:13 PM

Today was the first day they offered. They also offered something before the Duke game, $290 or something.

I cashed it out cause….I’m not that lucky. Ever. The last time Tiger won the Masters I had bets on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th place finishers. All of whom pooped their pants on Amen corner when Tiger didn’t and probably should have won.

UNC beat Baylor, UCLA, Duke, that is some incredible run and they still have to beat Kansas. Kind of thought about the Let’s Make a Deal problem. Odds are I wasn’t going to win in the first place. So you change your mind when you eliminate the other possibilities. Also I figure if Bacot aggravates his injury early, that’ll be a disadvantage.

Kansas ML is -188. So I’d have to hedge a lot to make it worth it I think. I’m bad at the math on that though. I figured out I’d have to bet $1068 to win what they want me to take to not ride it out with UNC. I tried racking my brain with how much to hedge… $500 of my own $ to win like $265 didn’t seem worth it.

I’m more than happy with $568 I didn’t have this morning.

So yeah, I cashed out so UNC is definitely winning tomorrow.

Congrats.  

• Mike in STL likes this

#791 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,677 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 08:43 AM

ESPN: Men's national championship predictions, players to watch and other key storylines for Kansas vs. North Carolina

https://www.espn.com...-north-carolina

#792 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,677 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 08:48 AM

CBS Sports: Kansas vs. North Carolina predictions, expert picks: NCAA championship 2022 odds, spread for March Madness

https://www.cbssport...-march-madness/

#793 BSLZacKrull

BSLZacKrull

CBB Analyst

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 01:41 PM

Really looking forward to tonight's National Championship game between North Carolina and Kansas. Especially after watching both in action on Saturday, there is no denying these are the best 2 remaining teams standing. North Carolina was so impressive against Duke hitting shot after shot when they needed it the most. Kansas also has played their best basketball of the season in their last 60 minutes and looked virtually unbeatable against Villanova. This weekend showed us the best College Basketball has to offer and that will continue tonight. 

• Mike B likes this

#794 BSLZacKrull

BSLZacKrull

CBB Analyst

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 01:47 PM

Looks like Nolan Smith is going to be leaving Duke and his former college teammate John Scheyer to work for Kenny Payne at Louisville. I guess Smith must have assumed that if things don't work out for Sheyer at Duke it would be pretty hard for him to get another job. Kenny Payne is not messing around to start things off at U o L. 

#795 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 April 2022 - 09:09 PM

Carolina has peaked at the right time.  Kansas hit them with an early spurt but UNC has put on a clinic since being down 7-0.

Carolina up 14 and Self is burning through timeouts.

@mikeghg

#796 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 04 April 2022 - 09:09 PM

This can get easily out of hand.

#797 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,277 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 April 2022 - 09:18 PM

North Carolina was up by 25 against Baylor and that game wound up going to overtime. The first few minutes of the second half will be interesting.

@BSLZackKiesel

#798 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 09:22 PM

North Carolina was up by 25 against Baylor and that game wound up going to overtime. The first few minutes of the second half will be interesting.

They're really prone to silly mistakes (ball-handlers, specifically). 

#799 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 April 2022 - 09:31 PM

They're tough as nails. Kansas is definitely capable of a big run though, don't get me wrong, but UNC is determined. When they closed out K's career at Cameron with a L, they just haven't looked back. Mentally tough, battle tested and very confident team. I think they'll pull through here. 

#800 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 09:51 PM

They're tough as nails. Kansas is definitely capable of a big run though, don't get me wrong, but UNC is determined. When they closed out K's career at Cameron with a L, they just haven't looked back. Mentally tough, battle tested and very confident team. I think they'll pull through here. 

They're also dumb as nails too. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=