UM Terps.com: Terps Travel to Virginia Saturday
http://www.umterps.c.../100812aab.html

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

WNST: Weekly Press Conference (Edall, Francis, Vellano, Hills, Diggs, Hartsfield)
http://wnst.net/top-...to-burns-at-qb/

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

BSL: The Terrapins Prepare for Virginia
http://baltimorespor...ife.com/?p=4629

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

Waiting for the Richmond / New Hampshire game to end, so CSN will switch to the Terps. Diggs took the opening kickoff to the house. MD up 7-0.

#5 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

Love me some Diggs. Fantastic talent.

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

The offense got good field position coming off an interception, and have punched it in for a 14-0 lead.

#7 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,001 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

What a joke Kevin Anderson has allowed this football program to become.

A game not being televised because they are showing the finish of Richmond at New Hampshire??? WTF???

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

A game not being televised because they are showing the finish of Richmond at New Hampshire??? WTF???

He has absolutely zero control over that. 17-0 Maryland.

#9 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

I don't know that has anything to do with Anderson, but you're right that it is a joke.

I didn't even know those schools had football programs until now.

#10 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,001 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

He has absolutely zero control over that. 17-0 Maryland.

He has complete control over how good the program is. And broadcast channels don't air Richmond and UNH finishing a game instead of a good program playing.

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

He has complete control over how good the program is. And broadcast channels don't air Richmond and UNH finishing a game instead of a good program playing.

I'll research the TV contracts / requirements after the game, but I think what you are saying here is incorrect.

#12 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,001 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

I'll research the TV contracts / requirements after the game, but I think what you are saying here is incorrect.

I'm not saying KA can call and make sure the game gets aired. I'm saying if the team was better, this wouldn't be a concern, because they would be the top priority for the networks (and likely on a much better network than CSN).

#13 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

I'm not saying KA can call and make sure the game gets aired. I'm saying if the team was better, this wouldn't be a concern, because they would be the top priority for the networks (and likely on a much better network than CSN).

Ok, well I also disagree with that. There has been no drop in prestige in Maryland's program since Anderson took over. They are not any more relevant than they were, but they are not any more irrelevant. The TV issues today, are not different than what we saw all of the previous decade.

#14 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,841 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

With the way things have been for Terps football over the past few years, I'm actually SHOCKED when I see a game is televised on a real channel. You know, one that isn't ESPN259.

#15 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,514 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

The ACC has total control over TV contracts, not the individual schools. I'm sure the deal that the CAA has with CSN calls for their games to finish before switching away, even though few people in the Balt/DC area care about that game vs. UM. But Mackus is correct on one point....UM can get better TV coverage by winning more. Become a top ACC team, and they'll be getting the prime ESPN/ABC slots, not Raycom.

At least you guys are getting the game televised back there. I have crappy web-streaming that goes in and out....must be heavy network traffic today.

Next week's game vs. NCSU will be on ESPNU, so that's an improvement.

#16 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

Just came across this thread, yes it's pathetic, but this wasn't only on MD though, this was also on UVA. And it's going to take time before MD is going to become a marquee draw, it isn't going to happen overnight.
@levineps

#17 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,514 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Well, no one is going to be any happier when they see the deal with the BC game next week either. It's an ESPN3 exclusive, meaning the only place anyone will see it is via the web. But when you have a team that went 2-10 last year playing a team that will be lucky to go 2-10 this year, that's pretty much what you can expect. I'll have to go update the broadcast thread with this info.

#18 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Well, no one is going to be any happier when they see the deal with the BC game next week either. It's an ESPN3 exclusive, meaning the only place anyone will see it is via the web. But when you have a team that went 2-10 last year playing a team that will be lucky to go 2-10 this year, that's pretty much what you can expect. I'll have to go update the broadcast thread with this info.

So not even a Wild Wings will have the game? Unacceptable!

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#19 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

So not even a Wild Wings will have the game? Unacceptable!

Well if Wild Wings has the correct set-up, they could put it on one of their TVs.

We're not Notre Dame, it's not a birthright to be on TV. And again we're only half the equation as Pedro alluded to.
@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=