^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 14 February 2021 - 12:07 PM

They recast her brother!

I guffawed at that scene.

Definitely worth sticking through, after the first three episodes. The pay-off is well worth the set-up.

#22 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,367 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:24 PM

The Ringer: ‘WandaVision’ Recap: The Truth About Agnes

#23 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,624 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 26 February 2021 - 09:28 AM

Damn this show is good. Can’t wait for the finale next week!
  • JeremyStrain and Dupin like this

#24 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:06 PM

Damn this show is good. Can’t wait for the finale next week!

I was about to be really sad about it, but fortunately I don’t have long to wait before Falcon, and then Loki will be right behind that.
  • BobPhelan and Dupin like this
@JeremyMStrain

#25 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 26 February 2021 - 05:57 PM

They have so many storylines to wrap hp

#26 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 09:00 PM

They have so many storylines to wrap hp

It's the first show, so it's hard to say for sure, but I think that's by design, that a lot of them are going to flow into other things. Like they'll have the set up here, but then Doctor Strange 2 will pick it up.

Like for instance, we all know something isn't super kosher with that director of SWORD guy. Either he's just a complete and total tool, or he's a bad guy...not that they haven't already done that storyline...looking at you HYDRA. But the trailer for Hawkeye shows Kate Bishop in full gear storming a room and drawing on the director guy, so that's where I'm leaning. He may be an antagonist through all the shows...and could even lead right into the Secret Wars show about the invading Skrulls.

• Chris B likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#27 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 10:11 PM

I was about to be really sad about it, but fortunately I don’t have long to wait before Falcon, and then Loki will be right behind that.

While they're getting my money regardless because Mando is everything I've ever wanted in life and more, it is nice that I'm finally getting more worthwhile content outside of nostalgic rewatches of the animated classics.

• DuffMan likes this

#28 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 11:06 PM

While they're getting my money regardless because Mando is everything I've ever wanted in life and more, it is nice that I'm finally getting more worthwhile content outside of nostalgic rewatches of the animated classics.

Yeah those alone would be worth it for me. But my girls watch it every day too. And I feel like content is going to get even stronger going forward like when they bring back the Netflix shows.
@JeremyMStrain

#29 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,367 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 12:14 PM

The Ringer‘WandaVision’ Recap: How Wanda Became the Scarlet Witch

#30 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 05:52 AM

Like for instance, we all know something isn't super kosher with that director of SWORD guy. Either he's just a complete and total tool, or he's a bad guy...not that they haven't already done that storyline...looking at you HYDRA. But the trailer for Hawkeye shows Kate Bishop in full gear storming a room and drawing on the director guy, so that's where I'm leaning. He may be an antagonist through all the shows...and could even lead right into the Secret Wars show about the invading Skrulls.

Maybe they'll just say America IS the bad guy and not just some bad actors in an otherwise moral institution. That would be a fun twist for a superhero movie!
  • JeremyStrain likes this
@DaKittenz

#31 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 01 March 2021 - 07:28 AM

Still dig the show, but I wasn't a fan of the penultimate episode being the one where we get the backstory info dump.  Kind of made me think of the Stranger Things Episode where 11 left to Chicago for one random episode.

#32 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 09:35 AM

Still dig the show, but I wasn't a fan of the penultimate episode being the one where we get the backstory info dump. Kind of made me think of the Stranger Things Episode where 11 left to Chicago for one random episode.

Yeah that stranger things felt like a back door to a spin off that didn’t happen. Or a precursor to more characters showing up to help later that didn’t pay off.

I expected all that to come out and it was pretty much everything I thought. But I’m looking as this whole phase is one interconnected story instead of stand alone movies so in that sense it didn’t bother me too much that they dropped it where they did.
  • BobPhelan likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#33 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,624 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 01 March 2021 - 10:11 AM

I liked the fact that we finally got some real character development with Wanda but it was a bit of a momentum killer. Will play better in a binge I think.

#34 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:06 PM

I liked the fact that we finally got some real character development with Wanda but it was a bit of a momentum killer. Will play better in a binge I think.

Yeah, the momentum problem I think is more that they are 30-40 min shows broken up weekly. I guess it's better to connect everything, Falcon will be out as soon as this ends, then you've got Loki on the heels of that, Doctor Strange 2 in the Fall, Spidey 3 in the Winter. There's stuff laid out very well spaced but in order to make it work they've gotta spread the Disney + shows out more.

I kinda wish they would just throw ALL of the Disney plus shows at us though, you've got a ton on the list already, but now you could get back to the Netflix ones too.

@JeremyMStrain

#35 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 07:43 PM

I prefer the binge, but I'm guessing spacing it out helps them with viewer engagement.  Disney+ doesn't have that many simultaneous shows planned, it seems, but I'm ok with that.  They're making higher quality content IMO, and for undeniably more valuable licenses.  The other services put out great stuff once in a while but there's also a lot of trash.  Ideal state, Disney+ can be like HBO for more than adults.

• BobPhelan likes this

#36 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 02 March 2021 - 08:27 AM

I'm a fan of the weekly installments myself (not talking just Wanda Vision).  Put it all out it once and the buzz/excitement is over before you know it.  Once a week gives it time to build and for discussion and theories.

• BobPhelan likes this

#37 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,367 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 09:14 AM

The Ringer: The ‘WandaVision’ Finale Was All About Closure

#38 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 08 March 2021 - 12:29 PM

Did anyone else ask their kids about the Ship of Thesus after watching the finale?

#39 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 08 March 2021 - 12:52 PM

Did anyone else ask their kids about the Ship of Thesus after watching the finale?

I didn't, but I sure might, now that you brought it up.

I had never heard of that before but apparently it's very well-known.

#40 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 08 March 2021 - 01:26 PM

I didn't, but I sure might, now that you brought it up.

I had never heard of that before but apparently it's very well-known.

I hadn't heard of that either, but once I looked it up I knew I wanted to ask them.  They always talk about kids having great imaginations so  wanted to hear their answers.  Both my oldest (almost 11 now) and my middle (8) said that once all the wood pieces have been replaced that it shouldn't be considered Thesus's ship anymore.  A philosophy problem was a little too much for my youngest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=