https://baltimorespo...l-bracketology/

• BSLChrisStoner and DuffMan like this

#62 SamKuhn

SamKuhn

HOF

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 06:06 PM

Loyola is moving on, knocks off Navy 16-9. Olmstead with 5g, 1a. Suddenly a Loyola team who was dead in the water a couple weeks ago looks dangerous going into the semis...
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#63 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,742 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 05 May 2021 - 06:41 AM

That's a bit surprising given how Navy has been playing this year.

#64 SamKuhn

SamKuhn

HOF

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 02:58 PM

That's a bit surprising given how Navy has been playing this year.

Navy had such a weird year, started 2-0 before having a month long covid pause, after the return they had a couple losses (Loyola, Lehigh) and a few big wins too (Loyola, Army). Really wish we could've seen a bigger out of conference slate.

Loyola too has been a rollercoaster of a team looking for offensive consistency, which they seem to have found in their last two games. They scored 16 on Tuesday against Navy, something they hadnt done since March 20th.

#65 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,742 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 06 May 2021 - 07:52 AM

Navy had such a weird year, started 2-0 before having a month long covid pause, after the return they had a couple losses (Loyola, Lehigh) and a few big wins too (Loyola, Army). Really wish we could've seen a bigger out of conference slate.

Loyola too has been a rollercoaster of a team looking for offensive consistency, which they seem to have found in their last two games. They scored 16 on Tuesday against Navy, something they hadnt done since March 20th.

Yeah the lack of out of conference games has made things tough to gauge this year.

I would feel better about the Terps chances this year in the tournament if they had got to play some of those ACC teams during the regular season.  

#66 SamKuhn

SamKuhn

HOF

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:39 PM

Terps and Hopkins advance in the Big Ten semis and will meet for the 3RD time this season on Saturday night

#67 dorfmac

dorfmac
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:41 PM

It’s amazing how terrible Hopkins has been all season only for them to rattle off these big wins in the conference tourney. It doesn’t give me any additional faith in Milliman, but it sure is something.

#68 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,742 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 07 May 2021 - 10:34 AM

Terps and Hopkins advance in the Big Ten semis and will meet for the 3RD time this season on Saturday night

Saturday night at 8 pm.  I should be able to watch all of this one, looking forward to it!

• SamKuhn likes this

#69 SamKuhn

SamKuhn

HOF

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 09:40 PM

Loyola moving on as well. 11-10 win over Army tonight and they advance to the Patriot League championship game, Sunday vs #1 seed Lehigh.

#70 SamKuhn

SamKuhn

HOF

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 09:43 PM

I think Hopkins Maryland tomorrow either goes two ways:

1. Maryland beats the brains off Hopkins and Jared Bernhardt has a massive day

2. Hopkins is pesky enough to keep themselves in the game and could shoot their shot late, hopefully getting a bid to take it late.

Hoping the latter happens as Hopkins is really playing with House Money,  but wouldnt be surprised at all if Maryland continues their Big Ten dominance.

#71 dorfmac

dorfmac
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 06:45 AM

I think Hopkins Maryland tomorrow either goes two ways:

1. Maryland beats the brains off Hopkins and Jared Bernhardt has a massive day
2. Hopkins is pesky enough to keep themselves in the game and could shoot their shot late, hopefully getting a bid to take it late.

Hoping the latter happens as Hopkins is really playing with House Money, but wouldnt be surprised at all if Maryland continues their Big Ten dominance.

Can I add a third? Hopkins hangs tough in half one, maybe even a slight lead, and then Maryland blows the doors off in the third. Between Bern and Wisnauskas, it’s too much firepower to keep down for long.

Hopkins *should* have the shooters to keep up, but they simply haven’t been able to develop Williams or Epstein. Hopefully, the same doesn’t come of Grimes.
  • SamKuhn likes this

#72 SamKuhn

SamKuhn

HOF

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 09:37 AM

Can I add a third? Hopkins hangs tough in half one, maybe even a slight lead, and then Maryland blows the doors off in the third. Between Bern and Wisnauskas, it’s too much firepower to keep down for long.

Hopkins *should* have the shooters to keep up, but they simply haven’t been able to develop Williams or Epstein. Hopefully, the same doesn’t come of Grimes.

Hoping either way the Terps dont just beat the brains out of Hop. Id love to see a good game tonight

#73 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 02:36 PM

Inside Lacrosse: America East Final: Vermont Clinches First-Ever NCAA Tournament Berth, Topping UAlbany 15-10

#74 dorfmac

dorfmac
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 09:08 PM

Feels like the first Hopkins game of the season that didn’t make me want to pull my hair out. Obviously, some frustrating decisions and missed opportunities, but it felt like a competitive team for once.

Looks like option 2 won out.

#75 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,742 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 09 May 2021 - 04:03 PM

Well that Terps-Hopkins game was a slug fest.  Kudos to JHU for pushing the Terps to the brink.  Having said that Maryland has to play better if they want to make a deep run in the tourney, too many dropped passes yesterday.

Disappointed to see that Loyola had a positive covid test today and had to pull out of their conference championship game.

#76 SamKuhn

SamKuhn

HOF

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 07:28 AM

The Terps and Loyola are in! Great to see Loyola getting in after their covid case postponed the Patriot League championship and those seniors get another game. 

Maryland is the #3 seed and takes on America East Champion Vermont.

Loyola takes on #7 seed Denver.

#77 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 07:35 AM

Balt SunMike Preston: Loyola Maryland rides wave of emotions into NCAA men’s lacrosse tournament

#78 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 10:27 AM

Would've liked to see Army get in the tourney over Syracuse. Cuse got absolutely smoked by ND and UNC, and lost to Army 18-11! I guess the two wins over Virginia went pretty far for the Orange.

#79 SamKuhn

SamKuhn

HOF

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 08:58 AM

BSL: NCAAT Preview

https://baltimorespo...nament-preview/

#80 SamKuhn

SamKuhn

HOF