• Please log in to reply
2525 replies to this topic

#861 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,471 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 09:37 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens’ young receivers continue to shine in well-attended open practice at M&T Bank Stadium | NOTES

#862 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 01 August 2021 - 10:25 AM

With the reports of Andre Smith struggling early in camp, so so at best play from Tyre Phillips and the anxious wait for Stanley to get back on the field, I think we may need to make a move to address OT depth.

The big names left are Russell Okung and Mitchell Schwartz. Both have had some injury concerns in recent years, so perhaps they can be had on a cheaper deal? We would still probably have to do some restructuring after the Justin Houston deal.
  • BSLChrisStoner, Mike B, russsnyder and 1 other like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#863 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 12:00 PM

With the reports of Andre Smith struggling early in camp, so so at best play from Tyre Phillips and the anxious wait for Stanley to get back on the field, I think we may need to make a move to address OT depth.

The big names left are Russell Okung and Mitchell Schwartz. Both have had some injury concerns in recent years, so perhaps they can be had on a cheaper deal? We would still probably have to do some restructuring after the Justin Houston deal.

I doubt you see anyone brought in barring injury. They'll roll with Villanueva, Mekari and Phillips. Both Phillips and Mekari offer the ability to play RT or either guard spot. With limited cap space I'll be surprised if they bring in any more depth there.

#864 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,661 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 August 2021 - 12:02 PM

I am not sure they were counting on Smith anyway,

@mikeghg

#865 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 12:20 PM

If you have COVID thoughts related to the Ravens, have at it. Otherwise, let's move on.

I agree. No point in going around in circles.

#866 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 01 August 2021 - 02:00 PM

I doubt you see anyone brought in barring injury. They'll roll with Villanueva, Mekari and Phillips. Both Phillips and Mekari offer the ability to play RT or either guard spot. With limited cap space I'll be surprised if they bring in any more depth there.

You're most likely correct but I'm nervous about Stanley getting back on the field and Villanueva flipping sides. I'm hopeful and the potential is there but if we have any injuries at tackle, we're in trouble.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#867 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,189 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 02:15 PM

I'm a little late to the party regarding Jackson not getting vaccinated, but I'd like to retract my previous comments about not judging him to be stupid or selfish. He is absolutely stupid and selfish if he's not getting himself vaccinated. That's a hill I'd be willing to die on. It is absolutely INSANE to me that NFL players are willing to take the risk of permanent brain and bodily injury by playing this game for their entire lives, and they're too scared to take a vaccine that has a negative reaction rate in the hundredths of one percent.

He is a transcendent talent and I will root for him for as long as he's in a Ravens uniform, but my respect for him is in the toilet at this point, and considering that Covid is absolutely not going away and how severe the long term side-effects can be, I would think long and hard if I were the EDC about whether this was the guy I wanted to build my future around. He's already gotten Covid twice in 9 months, and he could be robbed of his elite athleticism by an infection at any time.

I genuinely can't believe how absurdly stupid it is that the best and most important player on the team is repeatedly getting covid because he won't vaccinate himself.

If I sound pretty emotional about this, I am. I have several older relatives (including my own mother), that have been so brainwashed by anti-vaccination propaganda that they fear the vaccine far more than Covid, despite having heart and kidney problems that would make them prime candidates for serious disease or death. I'm preparing myself for that eventuality this year, and my patience for people who won't get vaccinated is at an all-time low.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#868 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 05:53 PM

I'm a little late to the party regarding Jackson not getting vaccinated, but I'd like to retract my previous comments about not judging him to be stupid or selfish. He is absolutely stupid and selfish if he's not getting himself vaccinated. That's a hill I'd be willing to die on. It is absolutely INSANE to me that NFL players are willing to take the risk of permanent brain and bodily injury by playing this game for their entire lives, and they're too scared to take a vaccine that has a negative reaction rate in the hundredths of one percent.

He is a transcendent talent and I will root for him for as long as he's in a Ravens uniform, but my respect for him is in the toilet at this point, and considering that Covid is absolutely not going away and how severe the long term side-effects can be, I would think long and hard if I were the EDC about whether this was the guy I wanted to build my future around. He's already gotten Covid twice in 9 months, and he could be robbed of his elite athleticism by an infection at any time.

I genuinely can't believe how absurdly stupid it is that the best and most important player on the team is repeatedly getting covid because he won't vaccinate himself.

If I sound pretty emotional about this, I am. I have several older relatives (including my own mother), that have been so brainwashed by anti-vaccination propaganda that they fear the vaccine far more than Covid, despite having heart and kidney problems that would make them prime candidates for serious disease or death. I'm preparing myself for that eventuality this year, and my patience for people who won't get vaccinated is at an all-time low.

Truly sorry that your mom has serious health issues.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#869 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 August 2021 - 08:03 PM

Very sorry to hear this. I'm in a similar situation with most of my family. It's heartbreaking, and just awful to have to live with such anticipation. Hang in there. Hope for the best. There isn't a deep enough pit in hell for those responsible for politicizing and making "cool" anti vax, or covid is the flu, etc. Pure evil.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#870 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 08:43 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about that too Slide. I can't pretend to agree with every word you said in your post. But I 100% respect your opinion and I can relate a little bit to the last paragraph about your family. Your frustration and anger are completely understandable.

My Dad is the practically the only family I have and the only one I talk to. He's 77 and a hardcore Republican, very partisan. I was really worried he wouldn't get the shot because of his political beliefs but he did. He's pretty active, takes walks and shops at the stores with cash, old school style. I swear, he'll argue Red about anything and complain about Blue any chance he gets. He's really harsh to me when I agree with the Left's stance on certain issues. We can't talk about anything without him getting political. But he's been level headed about the pandemic. He skipped 2020 Thanksgiving (where it's only me, my wife and two boys), wears a mask and takes it seriously. I'm really proud and surprised. If he goes soon at least I'll feel at peace.

Praying for you and your family Slide. Just reading that brought on big time empathy. I wish there was something else I could say to show my support.

• You Play to Win the Game and bmore_ken like this

#871 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,638 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 09:24 PM

I sympathize with having loved ones who are too caught up in the politics of Covid but ultimately its on adults to make adult choices.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#872 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,638 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 09:30 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about that too Slide. I can't pretend to agree with every word you said in your post. But I 100% respect your opinion and I can relate a little bit to the last paragraph about your family. Your frustration and anger are completely understandable.

My Dad is the practically the only family I have and the only one I talk to. He's 77 and a hardcore Republican, very partisan. I was really worried he wouldn't get the shot because of his political beliefs but he did. He's pretty active, takes walks and shops at the stores with cash, old school style. I swear, he'll argue Red about anything and complain about Blue any chance he gets. He's really harsh to me when I agree with the Left's stance on certain issues. We can't talk about anything without him getting political. But he's been level headed about the pandemic. He skipped 2020 Thanksgiving (where it's only me, my wife and two boys), wears a mask and takes it seriously. I'm really proud and surprised. If he goes soon at least I'll feel at peace.

Praying for you and your family Slide. Just reading that brought on big time empathy. I wish there was something else I could say to show my support.

Thats the thing. I live in a deeply red area. Know some Republicans who got the vaccine and others who "will never get it". I will say though the ones who did get it tend to be older.

Also sorry Stoner.
  • You Play to Win the Game and Huddle It Up Films like this

#873 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 02 August 2021 - 08:22 AM

I want to reiterate my "smart people make stupid decisions" point. I mean we've railed on Harbaugh for some extremely boneheaded stuff but I don't think anybody questions his overall intelligence.

I've been spending my time trying to convince a bunch of my friends (and my sister, who eventually got the vaccine) that no, this is not like Tuskegee and no, they are not "trying to get you." People would crawl over broken glass for this vaccine around the world. I just don't get it. 

It really seems more likely that the hesitant people have to see someone get -really- sick or die before they get the vaccine. Maybe that's just based on social media musings but it looks like a pretty common occurrence. Like when certain people suddenly start caring about causes when a loved one gets cancer or heart disease or Parkinson's. 

I'm so sorry you have to deal with that, dude.

#874 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 August 2021 - 08:22 AM

BSL: Recapping the Ravens First Week of Camp

https://baltimorespo...t-week-of-camp/

I know there is a lot of fluff out there, a lot of small sample looks, hot takes. Things getting overblown in the excitement of having something to judge with our eyes again, even if it is shorts and shells. I'll try to avoid too much of that, and give what appears to be items of importance, and quotes straight from the players and coaches. 

Picking out the highlights of the week that was. I'll look to recap each week. leading up to the end of camp.

• BSLChrisStoner, The Epic and PrimeTime like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#875 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 02 August 2021 - 08:49 AM

That play where Bateman beats Marlon...man...right into my veins. Beautiful.

#876 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,189 posts

Posted 02 August 2021 - 09:16 AM

I appreciate the support several of you posted. Apologies for derailing the topic momentarily- this is just a hot button subject for me given the circumstances and I wish Lamar would do the right thing and protect himself and put his team first.
  • Huddle It Up Films likes this

#877 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 August 2021 - 09:19 AM

The separation happens so fast not by being fast, but the crispness of the move and the route. Think we’ll see plenty more of that. And if the safety cheats that way, opens up the seam for Andrews, Hollywood…
  • PrimeTime likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#878 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 August 2021 - 09:26 AM

Where? I need this in my life.

#879 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 August 2021 - 09:41 AM

Where? I need this in my life.

https://twitter.com/...3752776714?s=20
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#880 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 02 August 2021 - 09:53 AM

Is Bateman hurt?  I heard something on the Fan this morning that he left the field early. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=