33 replies to this topic

#21 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:19 AM

Sloppy neutralizes Lamar to some extent. Look at the Pats game. I think the weather contributed heavily to us losing that game

I'll take some snow flurries over a downpour of rain.

• hallas likes this

#22 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:54 AM

I'll read later, I promise. 

But I gotta say that I find it crazy that the Ravens got gashed by Henry, made moves specifically to keep that from happening again next year, and that's exactly what happened.

Like, does nobody else find that extremely wild? 

If you are talking during the regular season they were missing Campbell to injury and Williams to Covid. Cambell and Wolfe were the corrections made by the front office to prevent it. Your starting interior Dline was at 1/3 of what you expected when you played them again

Roll Tide

#23 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:28 PM

Didn't Lamar beat Russell Wilson last year in a downpour? Snow is maybe a different beast but it affects everyone to some extent.

#24 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:58 AM

Didn't Lamar beat Russell Wilson last year in a downpour? Snow is maybe a different beast but it affects everyone to some extent.

I believe it rained on & off in Seattle for that game. Nothing like the constant downpour in NE. If Jackson can keep his footing in the snow it might be fun watching the Bills D chase him.

#25 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 January 2021 - 08:31 AM

Field conditions cant be any worse than the Cleveland game.

• Mike B likes this

#26 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 14 January 2021 - 09:18 AM

If you are talking during the regular season they were missing Campbell to injury and Williams to Covid. Cambell and Wolfe were the corrections made by the front office to prevent it. Your starting interior Dline was at 1/3 of what you expected when you played them again

I'm talking about vs last year's playoff game. 

#27 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 10:36 AM

I believe it rained on & off in Seattle for that game. Nothing like the constant downpour in NE. If Jackson can keep his footing in the snow it might be fun watching the Bills D chase him.

I know.  Defenders have enough problems trying to anticipate his moves on a dry field. 

#28 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 10:57 AM

Hopefully Lamar (and everyone else!) starts the game with the appropriate cleats this time.

• JordanKough likes this

#29 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,652 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:07 AM

I'll take some snow flurries over a downpour of rain.

The downpour that we saw in the New England game was as bad as it gets.  That would greatly hinder both teams.  I think we would still be able to run the ball though.  I am not sure Buffalo would be able to do the same.

I am now at the point where I am tuning down the sports talk shows.  I think we are going to biting off all the nails the entire game Sunday but if we take care of the ball, and play smart, we win.  Ravens 27-Bills 21.

@mikeghg

#30 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 12:16 PM

Well, one thing I can almost guarantee is that rain will not be a problem Saturday night in Buffalo.  Buffalo is at that point in winter where the cold air flows down from Canada and moves across the great lakes.  Until the water freezes, the wind going over the lakes cause lake effect snow.  Some of that snow can be quite heavy.  Saturday night it looks like intermittent snow showers, possible 1-3" accumulation.  I think that might be enough to be a bit of a nuisance at times, could make the ball slippery and the field slippery at times, but not a blizzard that is going to totally change the dynamic of the game.  

#31 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,435 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 12:18 PM

Wind concerns me more than snow I think. Allen has a cannon of an arm.

#32 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:43 PM

i've never juked an NFL linebacker, so I might be missing something, but if you have a guy that depends on change of direction (like Lamar) is he going to be more affected by the snow than the linebacker trying to tackle him?  I would think that any loss of footing would also make it harder for others to tackle him.

#33 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 02:03 PM

i've never juked an NFL linebacker, so I might be missing something, but if you have a guy that depends on change of direction (like Lamar) is he going to be more affected by the snow than the linebacker trying to tackle him?  I would think that any loss of footing would also make it harder for others to tackle him.

That's what I would guess. The guy making the move would be less handicapped by slippery footing than the guy trying to react to the move. Just be sure to have the right cleats on.

#34 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 14 January 2021 - 02:21 PM

I field is turf and it’s heated. 

Here is a recent article....

https://profootballt...-bills-stadium/

GettyImages-629807398-e1603028686222.jpg

Getty Images

Despite grass being widely available and easy to grow, mankind remains determined to come up with ways to simulate it.

The Bills’ effort to better make their fake grass play like real grass includes, via the Buffalo Newsadding more fill to the artificial playing surface. On Saturday, coach Sean McDermott explained that fill has been added to the playing surface in order to improve footing.

Even if it helps the Chiefs’ receivers make their cuts and turn on the jets during Monday night’s game, it helps the Bills, too. More importantly, it’s the right things to do for the teams, the players, and the game.

Here’s hoping every team with fake grass issues become willing to admit it and to do what needs to be done to improve it. Even if any organization wrongly views its players as pieces of a machine and not as sons, brothers, nephews, husbands, etc., every organization should want to protect the investment it has made in its players by making the fake grass look and feel more like real grass or, even better, finding a way to use real grass.

Roll Tide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=