• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:21 PM

I missed the first 10 minutes, did Marial play at all?

No.

#62 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:21 PM

This game is over why risk Morsell gettin hit in the face?

@mikeghg

#63 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,932 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:22 PM

Just caught up on DVR. Aside from that one run this things been all Terps!

Can recall another 35-5 run. Maybe that game a couple years ago when MSU was on fire the whole first half? That's crazy. Just outclassed.
  • BSLChrisStoner, You Play to Win the Game and Mike B like this

#64 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:24 PM

The draft pick they get from this should be pretty good at least

• BSLChrisStoner, Mike B and B00E00N00 like this

#65 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:24 PM

No.

That ship may have sailed.  He should transfer to a mid major.

@mikeghg

#66 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:25 PM

That ship may have sailed.  He should transfer to a mid major.

Might be what happens, I hope it's not. 

He effectively missed 2.5 - 3 years of development, after picking the game up late. 

I'd like to see what he looks like next year after another off-season.

#67 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:35 PM

Just looked at Marial's bio... Dude went to 4 different high schools all over the country??? What the heck is that???

#68 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:37 PM

Just looked at Marial's bio... Dude went to 4 different high schools all over the country??? What the heck is that???

Typical for a player that was once the top rated player in his class.

#69 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:45 PM

Dockery back to back 3’s

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@mikeghg

#70 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:49 PM

Dockery back to back 3’s

Good for him, after he finally gets a little run.

#71 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 07 January 2021 - 09:34 PM

No judgement here but I do find it notable how worked up some of us fans get watching our team get dog walked despite all evidence pointing to that outcome pre-game.

I'm convinced that if Iowa didn't mercy-bench Garza he would have put up at least 40.

#72 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 07 January 2021 - 09:42 PM

No judgement here but I do find it notable how worked up some of us fans get watching our team get dog walked despite all evidence pointing to that outcome pre-game.

I'm convinced that if Iowa didn't mercy-bench Garza he would have put up at least 40.

I had no expectations going into this year, the Wisconsin win briefly gave me expectations and now we're back to no expectations

#73 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 January 2021 - 09:54 PM

I did not get worked up, but I am resigned to the fact that this is a bad team, and  the coach is mediocre at best .

I actually watched the game without getting aggravated

@mikeghg

#74 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 07 January 2021 - 10:06 PM

I did not get worked up, but I am resigned to the fact that this is a bad team, and the coach is mediocre at best .
I actually watched the game without getting aggravated

It's disappointing that Turgeon can't put it all together. Imagine if last year's team had this team's offensive flow. With the way they played defense last year we might have gone undefeated. Now he finally gets the team to play offense like an actual organized team for the first time since he's been a coach here, but we don't have the personnel to do anything with it.

#75 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 08:16 AM

QtkftTP.jpg

Always a handy meter to have around during Iowa games.

Seriously though - is that guy legitimately nuts?  I mean I've seen a lot of intense coaches, but he seems to take the cake.  

#76 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 January 2021 - 10:21 AM

Seriously though - is that guy legitimately nuts?  I mean I've seen a lot of intense coaches, but he seems to take the cake.  

He may be nuts, but I think there is a method to his madness.  He is a good gameday coach, and despite his craziness his players seem to respond.  We used to say Gary was intense, and some said too far, but hell I would take him back in a minute.

@mikeghg

#77 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 10:37 AM

He may be nuts, but I think there is a method to his madness.  He is a good gameday coach, and despite his craziness his players seem to respond.  We used to say Gary was intense, and some said too far, but hell I would take him back in a minute.

I always thought Gary was intense, but never quite to Fran's level.  And I certainly don't doubt that Fran's a good coach, he's gotten good results there.  

#78 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 January 2021 - 10:50 AM

I always thought Gary was intense, but never quite to Fran's level.  And I certainly don't doubt that Fran's a good coach, he's gotten good results there.  

Gary knew when to stop.  I am not sure Fran does.  

@mikeghg

#79 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:08 AM

It's disappointing that Turgeon can't put it all together. Imagine if last year's team had this team's offensive flow. With the way they played defense last year we might have gone undefeated. Now he finally gets the team to play offense like an actual organized team for the first time since he's been a coach here, but we don't have the personnel to do anything with it.

I wish I shared the feelings about Maryland's offense.  They still have incredibly long lapses, seemingly every game.  They are very slow to adjust.  Iowa switched to a 2-3 defense last night and it was like Maryland had never seen a zone before.  They were rushing outside shots and never looked into the key area to go opposite to attack.

I am never one to want a coach gone, but I believe Maryland can be so much more than Turgeon has delivered.

@mikeghg

#80 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:13 AM

The other thing that bugged me is how Turgeon seems to bury guys.  His 2 freshman guards are clearly both raw, but both seem to have a good handle and are quick.  Both also seem to have a shot. I don't expect them to play major minutes, but 8-10 a game wqill help them develop and add speed to the rotation.  It also may keep them in the program.  Please do not play Reese Mona ahead of them.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=