• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 24fps

24fps
  • Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationBrentwood, TN

Posted 15 December 2020 - 10:21 AM

If I remember right, he was one of the top wrestlers in the entire state, not sure how this will affect him.

The biggest price paid in all of that, was the High School Football team that was removed from the playoffs due to this incident and in spite of their winning the game. So his teammates really suffered worse than he did. IMO

You're right about him also being a wrestler and I agree with the rest of your take.  I lived in Texas for thirteen years and saw my fair share of HS football and I'm positive that the parents weighed in immediately and in force making sure that whatever penalties assesed weren't going to get in the way of their Friday night fix for too long.

With all the good life lessons that can come from team sports, working the system shouldn't be one of them.

• Old Man likes this

#22 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 10:25 AM

You're right about him also being a wrestler and I agree with the rest of your take.  I lived in Texas for thirteen years and saw my fair share of HS football and I'm positive that the parents weighed in immediately and in force making sure that whatever penalties assesed weren't going to get in the way of their Friday night fix for too long.

With all the good life lessons that can come from team sports, working the system shouldn't be one of them.

I am surprised the parents of the winning team removed from the playoffs, didnt raise a big stink, and bring in lawyers.

As you stated, Texas and High School Footballs  is huge, and maybe they should make a movie or two :) :)

#23 24fps

24fps
  • Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationBrentwood, TN

Posted 15 December 2020 - 12:13 PM

I can't find any more news regarding the Class A misdemeanor Emmanuel Duron was charged with, but I did find the following statement from him in the Houston Chronicle:

I'd like to say I'm sorry for what happened to my coaches and to my family and to the UIL (University Independent League)

Evidently when the regrets were being handed out, blindsided Ref Fred Garcia didn't make the cut.

• Old Man likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=