3 replies to this topic

#1 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 12:11 PM

I took a look at the Ravens offense and what could have been improved in Week 2. I didn't think they did poorly and the overall results were good but there was a lot of room for improvement. 

https://baltimorespo...week-2-offense/

• BSLChrisStoner, Mike B, GabeFerguson and 1 other like this

#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 September 2020 - 06:24 PM

Good stuff Jordan.  Your breakdown of the Hollywood play really shows, how much you miss watching on TV.  If Ricard  clears the edge, we may have seen Hollywood put on a highlight play

• JordanKough likes this
@mikeghg

#3 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 06:37 PM

Good stuff Jordan.  Your breakdown of the Hollywood play really shows, how much you miss watching on TV.  If Ricard  clears the edge, we may have seen Hollywood put on a highlight play

This game was a few plays away from being more like 50-16. 

I think I'm starting to see why O'Brien and Stefanski risked going for it. I think teams are worried this offense can post 50 on you a game and probably saw the jetsweep/pitch action there and were worried how much the offense was just going to go off on them. 

• Mike B and analog wigwam like this

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 September 2020 - 11:30 AM

This game was a few plays away from being more like 50-16. 

I think I'm starting to see why O'Brien and Stefanski risked going for it. I think teams are worried this offense can post 50 on you a game and probably saw the jetsweep/pitch action there and were worried how much the offense was just going to go off on them. 

Yea, I think there is something to this.  O'Brien basically said as much.  It still is IMO, crazy to give the other team a short field so early in the game.

Hopefully there is a lesson in that for Harbs.  Let's not get cute, play the Chiefs straight up.  We can beat them going man on man.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=