48 replies to this topic

#1 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,995 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

How great is watching the Orioles on the field viewing Torii Hunter break their hearts...

How ridiculous is that?

First off, it didn't break anybody's heart. I think he's getting it confused with the O's breaking BOS' heart last year.

Second off, the Oriole players aren't even talking about it. If you look at what they all said last night, they didn't even mention it: the only thing they talked about was having 4 games left and needing to win them all.

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,673 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

How ridiculous is that?

First off, it didn't break anybody's heart. I think he's getting it confused with the O's breaking BOS' heart last year.

Second off, the Oriole players aren't even talking about it. If you look at what they all said last night, they didn't even mention it: the only thing they talked about was having 4 games left and needing to win them all.

I saw that too, and I do not understand the hate toward the Orioles. Screw Gammons and keith Law. It was almost anti climatic. The crowd was a little subdued as we left, but the team seemed only disappointed because they would not get a chance to share it with the fans.
@mikeghg

#3 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,408 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

Keith Law actually had a nice tweet about it.

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,673 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

Maybe Gammons is still bitter because the Orioles eliminated his Red SOx last year. BTW< Petey how did the Red Sox revenge go. Not so good? The O's won 5 of 6 and came within a bounce of taking all 6.
@mikeghg

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,673 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

Keith Law actually had a nice tweet about it.

Too little too late IMO. Law is a know it all, who refuses to admit he may have been wrong.
@mikeghg

#6 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,583 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

Look at it this way......Orioles Hate = Relevancy.

#7 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,408 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

Here is the Law tweet:

Very cool. Looks like a lot of fans stuck around too. “@Britt_Ghiroli: Os waiting

#8 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

I remember Gammons being pretty complimentary of the Os in the past. He called them a "sleeping giant" and would pump them up in the offseason.

#9 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

I"m sure he just meant how awesome the scene was...Peter Gammons has been beyond complimentary of the Orioles this season.
@beginthebegin71

#10 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

Gammons is a Bos blowhard. F him. I guess if your a Bos fan that's what it has come to now. You get happy about Ana coming back and delaying Baltimore wrapping up a playoff berth after your team rolled over and took it up the butt all weekend. Now go to NY and inevitably bend over for them too.

#11 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

BTW...all these shills whether it be for Bos or NY or whoever they love giving backhanded praise to teams and franchises when they know they are down. They love to throw out the compliments like the O's are an up and coming team, their a sleeping giant,etc,etc when they don't feel threatened. When it really comes to fruition they sing a different tune.

#12 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

Gammons is a Bos blowhard. F him. I guess if your a Bos fan that's what it has come to now. You get happy about Ana coming back and delaying Baltimore wrapping up a playoff berth after your team rolled over and took it up the butt all weekend. Now go to NY and inevitably bend over for them too.

Yea, you tell him! Gammons sucks!!!

I'm sure like most Boston fans, he's really pulling for the Yankees to win another AL East title. Give me a break.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@beginthebegin71

#13 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Yea, you tell him! Gammons sucks!!!

I'm sure like most Boston fans, he's really pulling for the Yankees to win another AL East title. Give me a break.

Classless tweet by Gammons. He's clearly a Bos shill. End of story.

If you can't comprehend what the O's were doing there you are an idiot. Cleraly they wanted to not only celebrate clinching a playoff berth but do it with 41,000 long suffering fans who haven't whiffed a winning season in 15 years. The audacity of Buck and the O's players. :roll:

#14 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

I tweeted him..doubt he responds.

#15 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

Classless tweet by Gammons. He's clearly a Bos shill. End of story.

Absolutely disagree...but then again if "F Him" is the best you can do towards the most respected Baseball writer of our generation, then I guess I won't even bother to reason with you...
@beginthebegin71

#16 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

Absolutely disagree...but then again if "F Him" is the best you can do towards the most respected Baseball writer of our generation, then I guess I won't even bother to reason with you...

LOL. So much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin. And even if Gammons is the best baseball writer of our time it doesn't mean he isn't a Bos shill. He always has been. How can you not think that tweet was unprofessional or unbiased?

Oh I'm a national baseball writer. I'm supoosed to be unbiased but let me tell you how great it is watching the O's on the field watching them have their heart's broken by Tori Hunter. Yeah, real professional.

#17 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

LOL. So much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin. And even if Gammons is the best baseball writer of our time it doesn't mean he isn't a Bos shill. He always has been.

I know it's cool to "hate" everybody, as I've been reading your posts for years, but please enlighten me as to the "so much" that is wrong with above post...Acutally, don't.
@beginthebegin71

#18 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

I know it's cool to "hate" everybody, as I've been reading your posts for years, but please enlighten me as to the "so much" that is wrong with above post...Acutally, don't.

Yeah, I won't. It's not even that big of a deal. The Ryder Cup loss has me pissed off so I'm rage posting right now. Still, doesn't really change my overall thought on the tweet being unprofessional.

#19 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,395 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

LOL. So much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin. And even if Gammons is the best baseball writer of our time it doesn't mean he isn't a Bos shill. He always has been. How can you not think that tweet was unprofessional or unbiased?

Oh I'm a national baseball writer. I'm supoosed to be unbiased but let me tell you how great it is watching the O's on the field watching them have their heart's broken by Tori Hunter. Yeah, real professional.

We all know he's a Boston fan but I think you misinterpreted it. I took it as it was great the team was out watching the ending, not great that they had their hearts broken.
  • SBTarheel likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#20 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Yeah, I won't. It's not even that big of a deal. The Ryder Cup loss has me pissed off so I'm rage posting right now. Still, doesn't really change my overall thought on the tweet being unprofessional.

Fair enough..Agree to disagree. I do hope he answers Rob's tweet though.
@beginthebegin71

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=