419 replies to this topic

#381 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,420 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 03:01 PM

I still think Gus Edwards is an underrated RB.

I agree.

#382 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 13 September 2020 - 03:01 PM

I still think Gus Edwards is an underrated RB.

As do I. Hope he's not regularly left out of the mix.

#383 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 03:02 PM

I'm fine with him being out of the mix and being next man up. I just don't want him to lose reps or touches to Hill. 

#384 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 03:03 PM

My biggest disappointment in this game is Myles Boykin. 

#385 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,420 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 03:07 PM

There is a reason they tried to trade for Hopkins and brought in Bryant for a tryout fairly late in TC

#386 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,420 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 03:09 PM

We'll see how the team is doing with injuries as the season progresses butbif no other big needs arise I could see the Ravens trading for a starting WR to replace Boykins. Especially, if we are going to run Lamar less to the outside

#387 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 13 September 2020 - 03:51 PM

We'll see how the team is doing with injuries as the season progresses butbif no other big needs arise I could see the Ravens trading for a starting WR to replace Boykins. Especially, if we are going to run Lamar less to the outside

IF that plays out (Boykin may yet shine), I'd rather trade him for OL depth. Brief look, but the two rookies, Snead and of course Brown may be enough strong targets for Lamar.

#388 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,312 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 04:12 PM

Wonder what OBJ's excuse will be today?

He'll be whining about something but when he dropped that 3rd down pass deep in Ravens territory and then the FG attempt was missed, that was the game more or less.  If he had caught the ball and the Browns score a TD, who knows how different the game would have been.  

• Mike in STL likes this

#389 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,312 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 04:12 PM

Anything to make of the lackluster rushing game. Without the Lamar scramble the ypc isnt good

I think it's going to take the OL a few games to mesh without Yanda.  They'll be fine. 

#390 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,420 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 04:16 PM

He'll be whining about something but when he dropped that 3rd down pass deep in Ravens territory and then the FG attempt was missed, that was the game more or less. If he had caught the ball and the Browns score a TD, who knows how different the game would have been.

It really was. Thats a huge swing

#391 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSeverna Park, MD

Posted 13 September 2020 - 05:16 PM

The Browns defensive line is B+ to A- and fairly stout against the run when healthy.  Remember last game in Cleveland the Ravens ran the ball because Garrett was out and they were running backups in 3 spots.  Today they were tattered in the back end and the Ravens not only exploited it, they made them look like a HS JV squad.

I think the Browns offensive line is a solid B and I expect the Ravens to have better days ahead when they get their field awareness down as a unit.  I thought they had solid pass rushing at times, others they got their hands up.  It will help when they get Justin Madubuike in the interior because Williams can really move the pocket...although the Browns online had an A- effort today and the only unit on offense to show up.  If Landry wasn't on the field, it would have been an F for their passing game, but he made it a D+.

Mayfield is a poor QB that has regressed from his days at Oklahoma.  He stares down targets, doesn't read to his third option before he checks it down.  Even when his first read is open he has it high and behind constantly.  He doesn't command the respect of his peers, OBJ looked dejected quite often and both he and Landry had their hands on their hips numerous times.

I think Lamar is a top tier QB and I firmly feel the Ravens have a duo in Brown and Andrews that a third option will be hat on hat.  I suspect Devin to assume that slot role eventually.  Boykin did okay.  I would have preferred he took that out route and banana it off, getting his head around as soon as he cut that route off, boxed out the corner and make that touchdown, but I like he found open space in two break containment plays, you can see his timing improve with Jackson.

I already feel Dobbins in the guy with Ingram the change of pace.  You can see the burst and second level ability with Dobbins that no other back can do within the tackle area.  Its not quite one cut and go, he has a bit of wiggle and when he gets the feel of how his lineman operate the game will improve.

• Mike B likes this
@Olsen_Don

#392 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,420 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 05:29 PM

The Browns defensive line is B+ to A- and fairly stout against the run when healthy. Remember last game in Cleveland the Ravens ran the ball because Garrett was out and they were running backups in 3 spots. Today they were tattered in the back end and the Ravens not only exploited it, they made them look like a HS JV squad.

I think the Browns offensive line is a solid B and I expect the Ravens to have better days ahead when they get their field awareness down as a unit. I thought they had solid pass rushing at times, others they got their hands up. It will help when they get Justin Madubuike in the interior because Williams can really move the pocket...although the Browns online had an A- effort today and the only unit on offense to show up. If Landry wasn't on the field, it would have been an F for their passing game, but he made it a D+.

Mayfield is a poor QB that has regressed from his days at Oklahoma. He stares down targets, doesn't read to his third option before he checks it down. Even when his first read is open he has it high and behind constantly. He doesn't command the respect of his peers, OBJ looked dejected quite often and both he and Landry had their hands on their hips numerous times.

I think Lamar is a top tier QB and I firmly feel the Ravens have a duo in Brown and Andrews that a third option will be hat on hat. I suspect Devin to assume that slot role eventually. Boykin did okay. I would have preferred he took that out route and banana it off, getting his head around as soon as he cut that route off, boxed out the corner and make that touchdown, but I like he found open space in two break containment plays, you can see his timing improve with Jackson.

I already feel Dobbins in the guy with Ingram the change of pace. You can see the burst and second level ability with Dobbins that no other back can do within the tackle area. Its not quite one cut and go, he has a bit of wiggle and when he gets the feel of how his lineman operate the game will improve.

I thought Ingram looked a bit old today. Dobbins needs to be the leading man with Ingram and Gus sprinkled in.

Mayfield has regressed from his rookie season. It wouldve been one thing if he just didnt transition well to the NFL but he was pretty darn good in '18.

#393 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 September 2020 - 07:03 PM

The Ravens only ran the ball 21 times.  The Browns clogged the LOS and blitzed into the lanes.  They made Lamar beat them over the top.  No problem.  The ass kicking was delivered.

Should have said the running backs only ran 21 times,

• jamesdean likes this
@mikeghg

#394 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 September 2020 - 07:25 PM

The Browns defensive line is B+ to A- and fairly stout against the run when healthy.  Remember last game in Cleveland the Ravens ran the ball because Garrett was out and they were running backups in 3 spots.  Today they were tattered in the back end and the Ravens not only exploited it, they made them look like a HS JV squad.

I think the Browns offensive line is a solid B and I expect the Ravens to have better days ahead when they get their field awareness down as a unit.  I thought they had solid pass rushing at times, others they got their hands up.  It will help when they get Justin Madubuike in the interior because Williams can really move the pocket...although the Browns online had an A- effort today and the only unit on offense to show up.  If Landry wasn't on the field, it would have been an F for their passing game, but he made it a D+.

Mayfield is a poor QB that has regressed from his days at Oklahoma.  He stares down targets, doesn't read to his third option before he checks it down.  Even when his first read is open he has it high and behind constantly.  He doesn't command the respect of his peers, OBJ looked dejected quite often and both he and Landry had their hands on their hips numerous times.

I think Lamar is a top tier QB and I firmly feel the Ravens have a duo in Brown and Andrews that a third option will be hat on hat.  I suspect Devin to assume that slot role eventually.  Boykin did okay.  I would have preferred he took that out route and banana it off, getting his head around as soon as he cut that route off, boxed out the corner and make that touchdown, but I like he found open space in two break containment plays, you can see his timing improve with Jackson.

I already feel Dobbins in the guy with Ingram the change of pace.  You can see the burst and second level ability with Dobbins that no other back can do within the tackle area.  Its not quite one cut and go, he has a bit of wiggle and when he gets the feel of how his lineman operate the game will improve.

My son said in the year had the #1 pick, and were searching a QB, the Ravens got the elite QB at 32.  Mayfield is not good, but he is making a lot of commercials.

@mikeghg

#395 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 September 2020 - 07:28 PM

I am curious, what you saw today that had you saying that.

@mikeghg

#396 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 September 2020 - 07:30 PM

Wonder what OBJ's excuse will be today?

OBJ is a perfect example of a ME guy.

@mikeghg

#397 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:08 PM

OBJ is a perfect example of a ME guy.

It's crazy how he went to unguardable in NY, to pedestrian with Cleveland. Their really must be a Cleveland effect. Its like a black hole that sucks football talent dry.

#398 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,312 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 06:18 AM

The Ravens only ran the ball 21 times.  The Browns clogged the LOS sand blitzed into the lanes.  They made Lamar beat them over the top.  No problem.  The ass kicking was delivered.

Should have said the running backs only ran 21 times,

The Ravens gave notice for upcoming teams that if they are going to dedicate the game to stopping the Ravens rushing attack, they'll pay dearly over the top.  To the tune of 38 points.  I think it's safe to say that unless the Ravens are beating themselves with turnovers and stupid penalties, this offense is as about as indefensible as it gets.  

#399 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 September 2020 - 09:45 AM

It's crazy how he went to unguardable in NY, to pedestrian with Cleveland. Their really must be a Cleveland effect. Its like a black hole that sucks football talent dry.

I think he may be doing it to himself.  His attitude sucks.  I am glad he is a Brown and not a Raven.

@mikeghg

#400 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 10:02 AM

I am curious, what you saw today that had you saying that.

I need to watch more carefully, but this should have been his game. Hollywood should have been getting the attention, I think he would have been going up against the 4th or worst CB regularly for Cle to start the year. Should have been separating and getting open if he had the chance. I'll take a closer look. 

The announcers got it right on that out at the goal line, too. That should be a catch, he needs to know the ball is coming in fast, both because of the route but also the time. He needs to get his head around, and he needs to sell the inside route. That's where the separation comes from there. 

He's probably better served by a higher and deeper throw by Lamar there, but that's a catchable ball or at least one he should be maknig a better play on. 

WRs aren't going to get 10+ looks a game in this offense. If he's not going to be ready when it comes to him, I just don't see it as a fit here. I'd rather be getting Duvernay those snaps already. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=