#202 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:04 PM

Wow offer.

Ugh, that was a painful offseason.

That and the one where we got cited as a source for a trade that never happened...was that AJ Burnett? I forget.

@JeremyMStrain

#203 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,512 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:06 PM

The worst.

#204 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,290 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:08 PM

Wow offers and the "insiders" are what really turned me sour to the Os section of that board. There was so much BS being spread and it felt like a majority of the threads were members eating it up and asking for more.

#205 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:11 PM

Wow offers and the "insiders" are what really turned me sour to the Os section of that board. There was so much BS being spread and it felt like a majority of the threads were members eating it up and asking for more.

I never paid, so it was easy to ignore the insiders. LOL

One of their analysts got hired by the Orioles, and that hurt their content some.

#206 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,512 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:13 PM

I never paid, so it was easy to ignore the insiders. LOL
One of their analysts got hired by the Orioles, and that hurt their content some.

BSL has had some people go work for professional organizations. Also, the insider's 2035 is referencing were posters, it was free content on the board I'm pretty sure. Belkast, BigBird, can't remember who else.

What was the deal with BigBird again? I can't remember. I think he strongly disliked McPhail and just made some crazy posts there towards the end.

#207 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,290 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:17 PM

BSL has had some people go work for professional organizations. Also, the insider's 2035 is referencing were posters, it was free content on the board I'm pretty sure. Belkast, BigBird, can't remember who else.

What was the deal with BigBird again? I can't remember. I think he strongly disliked McPhail and just made some crazy posts there towards the end.

At one point there were no less than 4 people claiming to have inside info. Firestone got in on it too. And the front page of the board would almost completely be dedicated to the information these guys passed along and none of these guys had any clue. They had a lower batting avg than Chris Davis.

#208 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:20 PM

All I know is I'm happy I made the move over here back in 2012. 

• JeremyStrain likes this

#209 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,606 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:20 PM

Bigbird claimed to have some insider info.  When it didn't come to pass he was called out on it and lost his mind and left.

Belkast did everything but guarantee we were signing Teixeira.  Poor Trea has never been the same.

I left OH because of Os Fan From NY, the guy that used all the different colors.  He called me out for crapping on MIMS (I turned out to be right) and I just left.

Also, people keep kissing Drungo's ass.  In my opinion he's a condescending prick, but to each their own I guess. 

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#210 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,512 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:24 PM

Bigbird claimed to have some insider info.  When it didn't come to pass he was called out on it and lost his mind and left.

Belkast did everything but guarantee we were signing Teixeira.  Poor Trea has never been the same.

I left OH because of Os Fan From NY, the guy that used all the different colors.  He called me out for crapping on MIMS (I turned out to be right) and I just left.

Also, people keep kissing Drungo's ass.  In my opinion he's a condescending prick, but to each their own I guess. 

Hahaha, so true. I'll never forget that whole thing. 

#211 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:30 PM

i just remember DiLutis as an innocent 13 year old kid, who has now become, well, yea. 

"TEXEIRA IS AT THE RAVENS GAME WITH ANGELOS"!!!!

Man, that was a different headache every day. 

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@beginthebegin71

#212 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:33 PM

Wow offer.

I know that was annoying at the time, but I gotta say that in hindsight, that was really funny.

#213 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:34 PM

And who was the lady that was obsessed with Brian Roberts? Am I remembering that correctly? She used to call him "my perfect one" or something?

#214 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:36 PM

And who was the lady that was obsessed with Brian Roberts? Am I remembering that correctly? She used to call him "my perfect one" or something?

That was Cindyluvsbrady that I mentioned. She was so sweet, so it was hard to poke fun of her, but man she could get possessive of her favorites.

• The Epic likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#215 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:39 PM

That sounds like before my time. I know over the years they were people posting about inside information. SirLoin comes to my mind, for the most part, they get called out on their bluffs.

Roy Firestone seams like a cool dude, he bled Oriole Orange and Black and he hated to lose, but he never got into telling us things he knew, because he knew he couldnt. He would tell us stories about his past as BatBoy and they were great stories.

Drungo is like most of us, cool at times, think they know more than others, but I never had any dealings with him, that made me said, dang he is a prick.

#216 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:40 PM

At one point there were no less than 4 people claiming to have inside info. Firestone got in on it too. And the front page of the board would almost completely be dedicated to the information these guys passed along and none of these guys had any clue. They had a lower batting avg than Chris Davis.

I never understood why these guys wanted attention for it and wanted to put it out there. It just paints a target on your back and risks the relationship you have with whoever is actually telling you stuff.

I hear some real scoop and the LAST place I'm going with it is the internet.

@JeremyMStrain

#217 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:41 PM

WHOA. I see BowieMike lurking down there in currently browsing. That dude was the BEST.

@JeremyMStrain

#218 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,512 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:41 PM

i just remember DiLutis as an innocent 13 year old kid, who has now become, well, yea. 

"TEXEIRA IS AT THE RAVENS GAME WITH ANGELOS"!!!!

Man, that was a different headache every day. 

It really was. So many twists and turns.

If it was trolling, that would be in the running for the GOAT. Taking thousands of the dorkiest O's fans on an emotional roller coaster that took months to end, lol.

#219 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:46 PM

I never understood why these guys wanted attention for it and wanted to put it out there. It just paints a target on your back and risks the relationship you have with whoever is actually telling you stuff.

I hear some real scoop and the LAST place I'm going with it is the internet.

But, my mother's 2nd cousin's roommate from back when she was in College had a boyfriend and he was friends with John Doe, and John said the Orioles were going to do............

LOL

#220 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:50 PM

But, my mother's 2nd cousin's roommate from back when she was in College had a boyfriend and he was friends with John Doe, and John said the Orioles were going to do............

LOL

That's not entirely off from what it was like. There was a little more "Deepthroat" to it. My "source" says...

@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=