• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:35 AM

If you like soccer, or just sports in general, you should be watching this.

The games have been good, there's been some younger players stepping up to challenge the already cream of the crop national team players.

I'd say the Spirit have become my 2nd favorite home team at this point. Life is hard when you are a Redskins and Orioles fan, at least I have the CAPS.

Seriously though, watch these highlights, especially the Ashley Sanchez heel flip from out of bounds to set up the tying goal with 12 min left.

https://twitter.com/...169642074484736

@JeremyMStrain

#2 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,234 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 06 July 2020 - 03:25 PM

They are good soccer players for sure. The talent level isn't there yet but it only gets better by playing. Hopefully the league survives the virus shutdown. NWSL doesn't have much of, if any, financial cushion.

#3 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 05:19 PM

They are good soccer players for sure. The talent level isn't there yet but it only gets better by playing. Hopefully the league survives the virus shutdown. NWSL doesn't have much of, if any, financial cushion.

I hope they continue to pick up sponsors cause it’s fantastic. No blow outs. Actual scoring chances. Big plays. First time in a while I’ve caught myself yelling at the tv watching a game.
  • BSLSteveBirrer likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,026 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 08:30 AM

NWSL: Power Rankings
https://www.cbssport...looking-strong/

#5 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:21 PM

Such a rough draw. We've had to play all the toughest teams in the tourney with HOU up next. Aside from a flukey loss to bottom dwelling Sky Blue the other day, HOU has been really good.

Wish they weren't playing so many 10pm games, but I'll be up watching on Sunday again. It has been kinda nice having some kind of sports going on.

@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=