#1 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

I'm sure many of you have heard of him. I first became a aware of him last year when he caught consecutive foul balls at OPACY in different locations, the announcers made note of it. The next day or so, a story came out and it was apparent this was pretty common. It's a feat, but at an empty stadium it's much easier to do than at a stadium that draws a decent crowd. What stuck out to me was he caught Trout's first homer, hit at OPACY (supposedly he refused to sell it).

Anyways apparently he was kicked out fo Nats Park last week for allegedly selling baseballs (http://zackhample.ml...nationals-park/). I've only heard his tale of the story, be interested to hear the Nats one.

Regardless of whether he was involved with wrongdoing, I find it quite odd that a man in his mid-30s, feels the need to catch every possible batting practice and foul ball he can, especially when he's gotten so many. Let the kids do this.
@levineps

#2 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

Regardless of whether he was involved with wrongdoing, I find it quite odd that a man in his mid-30s, feels the need to catch every possible batting practice and foul ball he can, especially when he's gotten so many. Let the kids do this.

There's a jerk born every minute.

I'm sure that there are people who think that getting the balls and selling them to kids rather then letting the kids get them deserves some kind of entrepreneurial credit, when in reality it's being a selfish jerk.

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#3 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

There's a jerk born every minute.

I'm sure that there are people who think that getting the balls and selling them to kids rather then letting the kids get them deserves some kind of entrepreneurial credit, when in reality it's being a selfish jerk.

Sounds to me like you know nothing at all about this guy.

#4 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

Sounds to me like you know nothing at all about this guy.

Of course I don't... my impression is formed by what I see here...

Given that you think my impression is wrong, how so? Does he not get balls instead of letting kids get them? Or does he not sell them instead of giving them to kids?

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#5 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

I've never gotten a ball at a game so I would definitely try hard to rectify that if there was one hit in my direction. Kids be damned! :lol:

#6 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

I've never gotten a ball at a game so I would definitely try hard to rectify that if there was one hit in my direction. Kids be damned! :lol:

Well, I can understand that... but after you had a dozen, I bet that would be enough...

#7 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

Well, I can understand that... but after you had a dozen, I bet that would be enough...

Never!

#8 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

Never!

Is your real name Hample?

#9 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

Is your real name Hample?

No comment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users