• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Read that the Hawks waived ex-Terp Jordan Williams. Do you think he gets picked up by another team? During the lockout, he did have a contract to play in Poland, but he was able to get out of that contract. He might go there again if he can't find work in the NBA.

http://www.hoopsrumo...n-williams.html
@mrbeanage

#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

He isn't an NBA player.

#3 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

It always makes me wonder who puts the idea in these guys heads that they can play in the league. Oh well, wish him the best.
@beginthebegin71

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

He got some PT in April, and played pretty well. Some of his games:

4/6: 14 pts, 4 boards
4/13: 13 pts, 5 boards
4/14: 12 pts, 14 boards
4/26: 10 pts, 10 boards

He needs to be on a team that wants to run, and he can get out on the break. He can help a roster, but is never going to be a 4. He should be like Glen Davis.

#5 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

He got some PT in April, and played pretty well. Some of his games:

4/6: 14 pts, 4 boards
4/13: 13 pts, 5 boards
4/14: 12 pts, 14 boards
4/26: 10 pts, 10 boards

He needs to be on a team that wants to run, and he can get out on the break. He can help a roster, but is never going to be a 4. He should be like Glen Davis.

Davis is a 4.

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

Davis is a 4.

I've thought Davis is used at both the 4 and 5, and on defense is primarily used in the post? If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Williams will never be a pick and pop 4. He has the bulk to bang in the post at-least in reserve. He has legitimate post skills. He has the ability to beat his defender down the floor, and score in transition. He absolutely should have a place in the league despite his limitations.

Minnesota would be a perfect fit.

#7 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:13 PM

I've thought Davis is used at both the 4 and 5, and on defense is primarily used in the post? If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Williams will never be a pick and pop 4. He has the bulk to bang in the post at-least in reserve. He has legitimate post skills. He has the ability to beat his defender down the floor, and score in transition. He absolutely should have a place in the league despite his limitations.

Davis has probably played the 5 occasionally, but primarily plays the 4 with Howard or Perkins or KG at the 5 over the years. He's not much of a post up player either, more of a mid range shooter.

#8 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

It always makes me wonder who puts the idea in these guys heads that they can play in the league. Oh well, wish him the best.

It must be family or AAU coaches. Last year on his radio show, Chris Mack said every college basketball player believes that he can play in the NBA. Now, I'm sure that is hyperbole to a degree, but it does make sense for a lot of players.

#9 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

But I agree that he has some ability and should be able to find a place. He can play the 5, especially considering the downsizing of 5's throughout the league.

#10 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:23 AM

I thought he made a big mistake going pro when he did, this only reinforces it. Met him once, thought he was a great guy!
@levineps

#11 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

I agree that Jordan made a mistake going to the NBA, however he is just another in a long line of good college players who are a few inches too short or a step too slow to make it big in the NBA. In the right situation Jordan could hang in the NBA but he would have to be a banger who plays 20 minutes a game for the right team.
@mikeghg

#12 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:35 AM

In retrospect, I don't really think he made a mistake by leaving. He didn't like school and just wanted to play basketball. Kids these days have so many options to be a pro player other than the NBA. Jordan can go to Europe like countless others and make a nice little living.

Plus, the year he entered the draft was pretty darn weak, so he may even have been drafted a bit higher than if he'd stayed.

I never thought he was an NBA player. Very good college player, but he really just wasn't very athletic and was very much a below-the-rim big.

#13 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

In retrospect, I don't really think he made a mistake by leaving. He didn't like school and just wanted to play basketball. Kids these days have so many options to be a pro player other than the NBA. Jordan can go to Europe like countless others and make a nice little living.

Plus, the year he entered the draft was pretty darn weak, so he may even have been drafted a bit higher than if he'd stayed.

I never thought he was an NBA player. Very good college player, but he really just wasn't very athletic and was very much a below-the-rim big.

I think even one more year, would've helped him a lot. I get the not liking school aspect, but long-term wise and even short-term wise (getting drafted higher), he'd be in a better position IMO. And while Europe is an option, it's usually an option of last resorts for underclassmen.
@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=