114 replies to this topic

#61 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,780 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:18 AM

I think you dodged a bullet, personally.  Would much rather have Adams than everyone you were acquiring.

#62 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 04 October 2019 - 12:30 PM

I think you dodged a bullet, personally.  Would much rather have Adams than everyone you were acquiring.

Interesting. I guess I am more worried about the turf toe (which doesn't appear as serious though I still expect him to miss this weekend's game). I've loved Kupp all season and have been trying to snag him since Week 1. The issue is I am 1-3 and in need of a win this week.

Rivers/Dalton

Adams/Fuller/Metcalf/Samuel

Kamara/Mixon/Hyde/Samuels/Ito/Hines

Hooper

Really poor draft.

#63 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,780 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 12:37 PM

I really like your top 3 picks, but what happened after that?  I'm a huge Rivers fan but you probably got him like 10th round.  

With that roster I get the idea of wanting to be on the quantity side of a quantity for quality trade.  Usually I always advocate to be getting the best player, but you're in a bit of a unique situation, especially since Mixon isn't doing much yet this year.

#64 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:54 PM

I really like your top 3 picks, but what happened after that?  I'm a huge Rivers fan but you probably got him like 10th round.  

With that roster I get the idea of wanting to be on the quantity side of a quantity for quality trade.  Usually I always advocate to be getting the best player, but you're in a bit of a unique situation, especially since Mixon isn't doing much yet this year.

We do an auction - I think I posted in here but I stupidly accidentally made a starting bid of $51 instead of $15 for Keenan Allen. What sucks is by horrible chance, $51 was the highest bid I could make and thus, was stuck with $1 bid players for the rest of the draft.

Ended up trading Allen early on for Mixon/Fuller which has proven poor results so far. I was able to trade DJ Chark for Hooper which was a step in the right direction.

#65 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:17 PM

The Ringer: Christian McCaffrey Is the New King of Fantasy Football

#66 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,561 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:22 PM

Sat Juju for Dorsett for a -9, lost by 6 points.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#67 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:45 PM

Apparently this is the first week in NFL history where 5 players scored 40 or more points in fantasy.

#68 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,780 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:31 AM

Mixon, Thielen, Beckham....choose 2.

#69 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,561 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:55 AM

Mixon and Thielan

ODB has disappeared in the Browns offense.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#70 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 11:00 AM

Mixon, Thielen, Beckham....choose 2.

I disagree with Sean, respectfully.

Thielen and Beckham are two must starts. 

Thielen against a bad Eagles secondary. Browns at home and the Seattle isn't the "Leigion of Boom" anymore.

Mixon, I still believe in the Ravens run D with a healthy D-Line. Cinci's O-line sucks. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#71 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,780 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 01:43 PM

Keeper league....I'm completely out of it and have traded away most of my assets except Michael Thomas for money in next year's auction.  The guy who owns now done-for--at-least-the-fantasy-year Kerryon Johnson also owns currently injured Davante Adams.

Should I trade Thomas ($40 keeper) for Adams ($40) and Johnson ($33)?  I think I need to get more money back for next year to do it.  Thomas is better than Adams for next season and he's better for the rest of this year.  And better by more than the value Johnson provides as a fairly expensive keep.

#72 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,561 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 01:45 PM

Keeper league....I'm completely out of it and have traded away most of my assets except Michael Thomas for money in next year's auction.  The guy who owns now done-for--at-least-the-fantasy-year Kerryon Johnson also owns currently injured Davante Adams.

Should I trade Thomas ($40 keeper) for Adams ($40) and Johnson ($33)?  I think I need to get more money back for next year to do it.  Thomas is better than Adams for next season and he's better for the rest of this year.  And better by more than the value Johnson provides as a fairly expensive keep.

I wouldn't do it but it's a decent value.

I'd still try to get a better, cheaper keeper. Even if that means getting back just one guy.

I am negotiating a Kamara for Thomas trade now. I can't keep Kamara beyond this year and I have L. Murray so Kamara can stay injured as far as I am concerned. Just like last year when Dalvin Cook was hurt and Murray cleaned up. Just need to iron out the throw-in players.

#73 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,780 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 01:51 PM

I wouldn't do it.

I'd try to get a better, cheaper keeper. Even if that means getting back just one guy.

I am negotiating a Kamara for Thomas trade now. I can't keep Kamara beyond this year and I have L. Murray so Kamara can stay injured as far as I am concerned. Just like last year when Dalvin Cook was hurt and Murray cleaned up. Just need to iron out the throw-in players.

Problem is that the better, cheaper keepers all have value to their current teams in the playoff races.  I want to target guys that have limited or no rest-of-season value but do have keeper value.  Kerryon Johnson is ideal, or anyone else who suffers a season-ending injury.  I just wish he was a better player.

Adams is on a short-term injury, but that has reduced his value some.

There aren't a lot of better, cheaper keepers any longer in our league.  Limited unknown guys busting onto the scene recently.  Kamara is one, he's $30 next year.  But he's on a team going nowhere, so don't see much interest in his owner dealing him.  Same goes for Chubb, he'll be $25, but again on a bad team who has no incentive to trade.  James Conner is $21 next year but I'd rather have Thomas.

#74 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,561 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:53 PM

Problem is that the better, cheaper keepers all have value to their current teams in the playoff races.  I want to target guys that have limited or no rest-of-season value but do have keeper value.  Kerryon Johnson is ideal, or anyone else who suffers a season-ending injury.  I just wish he was a better player.

Adams is on a short-term injury, but that has reduced his value some.

There aren't a lot of better, cheaper keepers any longer in our league.  Limited unknown guys busting onto the scene recently.  Kamara is one, he's $30 next year.  But he's on a team going nowhere, so don't see much interest in his owner dealing him.  Same goes for Chubb, he'll be $25, but again on a bad team who has no incentive to trade.  James Conner is $21 next year but I'd rather have Thomas.

I had edited my post after you quoted me.

I think it's a fair deal. So if there aren't any cheaper guys available, I'd do it.

Do your keepers not expire? You can only keep guys 2 years after drafting/adding them in my league which increases the need to trade guys who could still help you out this year, like Kamara for me.

#75 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,780 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 03:49 PM

I had edited my post after you quoted me.

I think it's a fair deal. So if there aren't any cheaper guys available, I'd do it.

Do your keepers not expire? You can only keep guys 2 years after drafting/adding them in my league which increases the need to trade guys who could still help you out this year, like Kamara for me.

No expiration.  You can keep anyone on your roster up to the keeper limit for $10 more than they cost the previous year.  

When you find a cheap guy who busts out, like Kamara or in the past I was the guy who scooped David Johnson, Odell Beckham, and Michael Thomas over a few year period, you have a massive asset.

#76 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,561 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 07:48 AM

Yeah not sure I like non-expiring keepers.

#77 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,780 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 08:08 AM

Yeah not sure I like non-expiring keepers.

Most I could get him up to is $6 for next year.  So the trade would be:

Mackus trades Michael Thomas ($40 keeper for 2020)

Mackus gets DaVante Adams ($40 keeper for 2020), Kerryon Johnson ($33 keeper for 2020), and $6 auction budget

I'm leaning towards accepting.  Adams doesn't get as many yards or catches as Thomas (we are non-PPR) but he gets tons of TDs.  Double digits the last 3 seasons, though none so far this year.  

#78 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,561 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 08:12 AM

Most I could get him up to is $6 for next year.  So the trade would be:

Mackus gets DaVante Adams ($40 keeper for 2020), Kerryon Johnson ($33 keeper for 2020), and $6 auction budget

I'm leaning towards accepting.  Adams doesn't get as many yards or catches as Thomas (we are non-PPR) but he gets tons of TDs.  Double digits the last 3 seasons, though none so far this year.  

I like the added value of getting Johnson in that deal, but I have never been crazy about Detroit RBs.

Still, I'd make the trade.

• Mackus likes this

#79 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:19 AM

Most I could get him up to is $6 for next year. So the trade would be:

I'm leaning towards accepting. Adams doesn't get as many yards or catches as Thomas (we are non-PPR) but he gets tons of TDs. Double digits the last 3 seasons, though none so far this year.

TDs seem totally fluky. Like you just noted with Adams this year. AB last year, Mike Evans, Julio Jones in previous years.

Personally, I think Thomas is a far better receiver, and he’s locked in longer than Adams. Since it’s non-expiring keepers, you don’t want Adams to be a free agent signed by the Redskins or Dolphins. Lions RBs are gross. Coming off an ACL? I don’t know your league, but if Thomas/Adams are $40, KJ at $33 seems steep. What does the extra $6 get you in your league besides the obvious? Let you keep someone else you’d otherwise toss back?

It’s probably a fair trade. But I’d rather have Thomas long term.
@BSLMikeRandall

#80 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,780 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:26 AM

TDs seem totally fluky. Like you just noted with Adams this year. AB last year, Mike Evans, Julio Jones in previous years.

Personally, I think Thomas is a far better receiver, and he’s locked in longer than Adams. Since it’s non-expiring keepers, you don’t want Adams to be a free agent signed by the Redskins or Dolphins. Lions RBs are gross. Coming off an ACL? I don’t know your league, but if Thomas/Adams are $40, KJ at $33 seems steep. What does the extra $6 get you in your league besides the obvious? Let you keep someone else you’d otherwise toss back?

It’s probably a fair trade. But I’d rather have Thomas long term.

Adams had double digit TDs three straight years before this seaosn thouh.  I agree that TDs are much flukier than yards, but some guys are more consistent.

Adams is signed thru 2021.  I'd keep him at $40 for 2020 and $50 for 2021 (assuming he has another big year) but wouldn't keep him at $60 in 2022 even if he was still with the Packers and a clear top-3 WR.  Same goes for Thomas, he'd be kept in 2020 and 2021, but very unlikely in 2022.

$33 for Johnson won't be much surplus value.  I think he'd likely go a little higher than that in auction, but not much.

If either Thomas or Adams were available at auction, they'd likely go for high $50s.  I got Zeke this year fro $58, Julio Jones went for $56, Dalvin Cook went for $54.  

I don't have a lot of current keeper options.  I have Thomas and Sony Michel ($26).  I have Darius Guice ($20) if he comes back strong but that's a long shot.  That's basically it.  So going 2-for-1 does help me a bit even if there isn't a lot fo surpplus value.  There should be some guys available I can trade for prior to the auction after this year though.

I've already accumulated an extra $70 for next year by trading away Zeke, Beckham, Mixon, H.Henry, and Diggs.  So I'm well set up for our $200/team auction.

• Mike in STL likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=