#201 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:23 PM

It is good that the Terps got a share of the B10.  It seems a little empty, in that they did not win it out right.  They get more rest and play Friday night.  Hoping for a good showing and it would be great to play on Sunday.  Turgeon needs a good showing.

@mikeghg

#202 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:24 PM

The key to me, is to have Ayala and Wiggins play well.  They were both very good and Maryland took care of a pretty good team, without a lot of anxiety.

@mikeghg

#203 BSLPatDonohue

BSLPatDonohue

Terps Analyst

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 02:02 PM

I get what you're saying about having to share the title but I think it's still an incredible accomplishment for this team given how strong and deep the Big Ten was this season. I saw this in a tweet yesterday and it really put the whole thing into perspective for me:

Maryland has been in the Big Ten since 2014 and has a basketball conference championship. OSU last won in 2012, Illinois in 2004, Minnesota in 1982, Iowa in 1979, Northwestern in 1933.

• bmore_ken likes this

#204 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 March 2020 - 02:17 PM

I get what you're saying about having to share the title but I think it's still an incredible accomplishment for this team given how strong and deep the Big Ten was this season. I saw this in a tweet yesterday and it really put the whole thing into perspective for me:

Maryland has been in the Big Ten since 2014 and has a basketball conference championship. OSU last won in 2012, Illinois in 2004, Minnesota in 1982, Iowa in 1979, Northwestern in 1933.

Fair enough.  It is certainly a noteworthy accomplishment and one worth celebrating.  They get there banner.  Hopefully they have a good weekend coming up and it will feel even better.

@mikeghg

#205 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 04:49 PM

Smith and Cowan both 1st Team All Big Ten. 
Morsell Honorable Mention.
Wiggins 6th Man of the Year. 

#206 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:31 PM

Smith and Cowan both 1st Team All Big Ten. 
Morsell Honorable Mention.
Wiggins 6th Man of the Year. 

The one that surprises me is Wiggins,  I think he is really talented but I think his year was very inconsistent.

Happy for them all though.

@mikeghg

#207 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 08:02 AM

Balt Sun: Maryland basketball season ends with potential, just as it began, and more takeaways from shortened campaign

#208 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 March 2020 - 03:46 PM

The article does not paint a sunny picture for next year, but we all kind of knew that.

I suspect Marial will leave along with Sticks, so that leaves Turgeon with 3 scholarships, maybe more.  With the NCAA suspending the transfer portal for the short term, the rush to recruit, when it opens will be interesting.

@mikeghg

#209 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 16 March 2020 - 04:56 PM

The article does not paint a sunny picture for next year, but we all kind of knew that.

I suspect Marial will leave along with Sticks, so that leaves Turgeon with 3 scholarships, maybe more.  With the NCAA suspending the transfer portal for the short term, the rush to recruit, when it opens will be interesting.

Doesn't he also have the 2 scholarships from the twins?

I really don't think Marial will leave.  I could see us being passably okay if he stays.  If he doesn't, we will be terrible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=