2018 State Poll Final

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Oldtime

Oldtime
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:05 AM

I realize the poll is more or less just a conversation piece and doesn't amount to much of anything but my biggest complaint is it tries to do too much. I understand wanting a state wide poll but we are really comparing apples and oranges here, should 1A Fort Hill be compared to national contender DeMatha or St. Frances? No, of course not, it would be like ranking Alabama and Mount Union in the same poll both are dominant at their level but of course Alabama would beat Mount Union by 50+. I would much rather see individual state polls done for 1A-4A and Privates. I know the comparisons would always exist between publics and privates but this poll does nothing to help that discussion anyway

I guess you could start those polls if you’d like.

#22 loco09

loco09
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:11 AM

Don't really care that much, just think it's dumb to group everyone together.

#23 mlf1886

mlf1886
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:48 PM

Can't say that Northwest and Avalon should be ranked with 3 losses like. Mervo should be ranked

• TheGuru likes this

#24 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 02:40 PM

Oakdale's QB is the best offensive player I have seen all season. He should win state offensive player of the year. Their passing attack would make things interesting playing against any team in the state

#25 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 02:42 PM

If teams want better consideration in the polls then toughen their schedules

#26 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 08:46 PM

If teams want better consideration in the polls then toughen their schedules

Do schedules matter really

#27 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:02 PM

They absolutely matter.  You prove how good your program is through your strength of schedule

• bob12345 likes this

#28 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:45 PM

They absolutely matter. You prove how good your program is through your strength of schedule

So, if Team A has the toughest schedule in the area but goes 5-5 then they should be ranked higher than a team that goes 9-3 but has the 15th toughest schedule in the area? I think that’s a joke.

#29 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:26 PM

I think its a case by case scenario but if you are better you are better. Sometimes the record doesn't indicate who is better. If that's the case then every team should seek the weakest schedule possible

#30 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:52 PM

I think its a case by case scenario but if you are better you are better. Sometimes the record doesn't indicate who is better. If that's the case then every team should seek the weakest schedule possible

Teams also should not be awarded either for scheduling tough teams and not winning those games.

#31 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:27 PM

I agree. For example in metro polls McDonogh would be in my top 15 because there aren't 14 teams that are better

#32 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:34 PM

I agree. For example in metro polls McDonogh would be in my top 15 because there aren't 14 teams that are better

You didn’t agree with my point. You continued with your point that SOS matters no matter the teams’ final record.

#33 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:32 PM

Not at all. I think you take it case by case and try to use logical thinking to truly evaluate who is better. Sometimes there aren't easy answers

#34 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:34 PM

Years back a .500 Edmonson team blew out an undefeated Lewis team in the playoffs. According to your logic the record makes them better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=