#61 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:41 PM

Ok, we'll see. I haven't gotten too into the draft prospects, but I have typically seen 3pt shooting listed as a weakness for him, and the % is a red flag. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if he improves that quite a bit.

#62 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:46 PM

It’s fair to list that as an incoming issue and I doubt he ever ends up a stud outside shooter.

Put it this way...Winslow has become a 38% guy. That’s a vast improvement for him and he has missed a lot of time with injuries.

RJ is a better shooter now than Winslow was coming out at the same age.

#63 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:06 PM

It’s fair to list that as an incoming issue and I doubt he ever ends up a stud outside shooter.

Put it this way...Winslow has become a 38% guy. That’s a vast improvement for him and he has missed a lot of time with injuries.

RJ is a better shooter now than Winslow was coming out at the same age.

Not everyone improves all that much as shooters.

Winslow has improved in that regard, but he's hitting that percentage as a low volume shooter who mostly gets quite open looks.

#64 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:15 PM

Not everyone does improve but there’s also no reason to think Barrett won’t improve. I would bet he is in the 37-42% range within 3-4 years.

Either way, I’m taking him #3. You don’t pass up on that talent because you want to surround Zion with shooters. You can still do that and have RJ on that team, even if he never is more than a low 30s 3pt shooter.

#65 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:20 PM

Not everyone does improve but there’s also no reason to think Barrett won’t improve. I would bet he is in the 37-42% range within 3-4 years.

Either way, I’m taking him #3. You don’t pass up on that talent because you want to surround Zion with shooters. You can still do that and have RJ on that team, even if he never is more than a low 30s 3pt shooter.

I'll have more of an opinion by draft night. Fit is extremely important around someone like Zion, though.

#66 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:45 AM

SAS is hearing Kyrie and KD to the Knicks is a foregone conclusion.

The Knicks sucking is something that gives me great pleasure.  Hopefully SAS is wrong they and they miss out on Durant.  I don't care if they get Kyrie and a similar piece.

#67 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:47 AM

Wizards fell all the way to 9

Sucks we didn't get lucky and get Zion.  That would have sped up the rebuilding, and watching him and Beal together would have been a lot of fun.  

#68 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:56 AM

I'll have more of an opinion by draft night. Fit is extremely important around someone like Zion, though.

Sure but you don’t take a lesser talent just because that player is a better shooter right now.

#69 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:57 AM

Sure but you don’t take a lesser talent just because that player is a better shooter right now.

Obviously there's projection involved. That projection does have a starting point, which is their current shooting ability.

Btw, Winslow actually shot 42% from 3 in college.

#70 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:56 PM

Lowe thinks the Lakers have better collective trade assets than the Knicks.

http://www.espn.com/...impression=true

#71 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,325 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:01 PM

Lowe thinks the Lakers have better collective trade assets than the Knicks.

http://www.espn.com/...impression=true

Curious as as Lakers fan what you think of Ball, Ingram, Kuzma?  How do you rank them as talents? If you can get Davis, you get Davis of course... but I think each of that trio has legit promise. Maybe go elsewhere, and become the next D'Angelo Russell?

#72 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:17 PM

Curious as as Lakers fan what you think of Ball, Ingram, Kuzma? How do you rank them as talents? If you can get Davis, you get Davis of course... but I think each of that trio has legit promise. Maybe go elsewhere, and become the next D'Angelo Russell?

I like them all to a degree, so basically cautiously optimistic.

The biggest thing with all of them is their outside shooting (and FT shooting with Lonzo).

I feel like Kuzma has the lowest upside, but a solid floor. If he can shoot from 3 more like he did as a rookie, he'd be a nice #3 option on offense. He could become similar to Tobias Harris, just likely not as good from 3.

Ingram stepped it up late in the season and has shown a lot of flashes, but he needs to become more consistent as a scorer and playmaker, and of course he needs to fulfill his promise as an outside shooter. Adding some strength would be helpful too.

I really like Lonzo, except he can't shoot. It's certainly not Ben Simmons bad, and I do think he can improve a lot in that regard. The FT issue is worrisome too as are his injuries. He has the highest ceiling imo, but there's a good chance he never becomes a star.

I also like Josh Hart as a young Danny Green type with a little more ability to create for himself.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#73 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,325 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:31 PM

SI: 2019 NBA Mock Draft 8.0: Whose Stock Is Rising Most Post-Combine?

https://www.si.com/n...tt-post-combine

#74 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,325 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:42 PM

CBS Sports: 2019 NBA Mock Draft: Hawks take Duke's Cam Reddish at No. 8 with first of six selections over two rounds
https://www.cbssport...ver-two-rounds/

#75 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,325 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:21 PM

CBS Sports: NBA Draft 2019: Breaking down biggest needs, potential trades, best prospect fits for all 30 teams
https://www.cbssport...r-all-30-teams/

#76 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,325 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 04:32 PM

The Ringer: The Post-AD Trade NBA Mock Draft

#77 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,325 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:40 PM

SI: SI's Final Ranking of the Top 100 NBA Draft Prospects

#78 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:09 PM

Some talk I have read:

Knicks are having a workout with Garland today and could take him #3. They like Barrett but still may prefer Garland.

The Pelicans are considering sending the 4th pick for either vet talent or to the Hawks for the 8th and 10th pick. Atlanta wants to move up in this draft.

#79 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:16 PM

Some talk I have read:

Knicks are having a workout with Garland today and could take him #3. They like Barrett but still may prefer Garland.

The Pelicans are considering sending the 4th pick for either vet talent or to the Hawks for the 8th and 10th pick. Atlanta wants to move up in this draft.

Considering the Hawks likely won't be taking Garland at 4 due to fit, it doesn't seem to make much sense to move up. I guess they must really think someone stands out and that person is likely to be gone at #8.

#80 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:55 PM

Considering the Hawks likely won't be taking Garland at 4 due to fit, it doesn't seem to make much sense to move up. I guess they must really think someone stands out and that person is likely to be gone at #8.

They have to be targeting one of Barrett (who I heard a while back they loved), Culver or Hunter.

I haven't seen Garland play because of his injury last year but he was hyped big time coming out of the high school.

Personally, I go with Hunter as the 4th best player in this draft.  Culver has good 2 way upside as well.  

Garland and White have big upsides as PG.

Biggest upside in the draft could be Reddish but his shooting was too inconsistent in college.  Someone will get him lower in the top 10 I think and it could turn out to be a steal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=