#1 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:49 AM

Baltimore Magazine: https://www.baltimor...south-baltimore

For those that don't know, Topgolf is basically the skills challenge you'd find on a Tiger Woods video game circa 2004-2006, come to life. 

I went to one in Orlando a couple years ago. It's pretty cool. Went on a weekday morning so it was quiet. But I imagine the nights experiences are pretty cool with live music, lights, etc... Still, even when its slow, it's fun to be able to play a variety of "games", compete with friends, rather than just mindlessly hitting balls for practice.

Of course, it's not very cheap but thats to be expected given the technology and the amenities. A one-time $5 for a players card that you have to buy in order to link up to the system (then have to remember to bring each time you come). Then at best $25/hour for the stall rental for early weekdays, and that price goes up come weekday evenings, and up to $50/hour on Friday-Saturday nights. Balls are unlimited and automatically feed out of a machine after each shot. 

Location is going to be adjacent to the Horseshoe in Lot J, and taking over the space occupied by BARCS who is moving to a larger facility in Cherry Hill. 

Hammerjacks is said to be opening in that area next year, making the area south of M&T Bank Stadium kind of an entertainment district. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#2 Il BuonO

Il BuonO

Opposite Field Power

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGeorgetown, TX

Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:48 AM

Yeah, they’re pretty cool. Went to one in Dallas and there’s one here in Austin as well. Lotta fun and decent bar food. Players will probably want to get their real practice elsewhere, but this is more entertainment and fun for groups.

#3 MDtransplant757

MDtransplant757
  • Members
  • 391 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:38 PM

They have one in VB like 20 minutes from my house. It's fun, especially with friends. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=