24 replies to this topic

#21 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

Oh fair enough. I'm hoping Harbaugh isn't giving him the choice. It'll be more telling if we're up 10 in the 3rd quarter against the Bengals and we don't go into the fetal position bring in 3 TE sets and run the ball the whole quarter.

Gosh I've hated it when we've done that...

#22 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:54 AM

Yea, Joe has said that the top offenses continue to attack when they are up.

The Ravens need to understand that the defense may not be quite as good as it has been(although I think it will be fine) and that they can't just assume the defense is always going to win them the game.

#23 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

Harbaugh has already hinted that they will mix and match the sugar huddle with a real huddle. Now obviously there are times when huddling and working the clock are necessary but the impression I got was it would be more dictated on the opponent and how a game is flowing.

Its something that I could see Cam/Harbaugh get away from real quick. A couple of 3 and outs on the first few series of the game ala Atlanta and boom back to huddle Cam playcalling. I mean yes you do have to keep the D fresh but I believe that will be the excuse for Cam. I just don't think they are anywhere close to committed to the sugar huddle. If Joe is still running with some regularity come late Oct I'll be surprised.

#24 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:43 AM

http://espn.go.com/n... ... tions-2012

He is the only one doesn't have the Ravens in playoffs.

#25 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

Its something that I could see Cam/Harbaugh get away from real quick. A couple of 3 and outs on the first few series of the game ala Atlanta and boom back to huddle Cam playcalling.

You aren't wrong about this. But Cam Cameron's offense when huddling in the 3rd quarter with a lead, 80% of the time is good for a 3 and out. I hope these guys showed they can assess themselves and improve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=